I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! The Ray Saga Continues!

+5
ThinWhiteDuke
HugeFanOfBadReligion
Mrs. Earl
Skul
Earl
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! The Ray Saga Continues!

Post by Skul Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 am

Every forum has its in-jokes and memes. One such example is 99%. Only older members would get that, but I see it being used again, probably by me, at some point in the future.

In any case, if you want to add ol' Ray-boy to your signature, go ahead. And if you don't do it, someone else will. Probably me.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! The Ray Saga Continues!

Post by Earl Tue May 14, 2013 4:00 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing There's more! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mrs. Earl asked someone (not necessarily me!) to type up and post a message for her in the "Guestbook" of the old website. Since there's the very real possibility that Mrs. Earl's message may not be displayed for very long, I've taken the liberty to copy and paste it below, as follows:

"Donate to the Cause"? Is this the real reason why you eliminated the forum and banned Earl and Skul? So you could ask people to give you money? Shame on you, Ray!

Mrs. Earl

Let's see how long it lasts! As a matter of fact, let's see if it's still there when we get up in the morning! Razz

Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by ThinWhiteDuke Tue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

I'd like to think that Ray is raising money for a Pinky and the Brain style scheme.
ThinWhiteDuke
ThinWhiteDuke
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Does Ray have an accomplice? Is he the Brain, or is he Pinky?

Ahhhh, this brings to my mind the fond memories of Earlette No. 1 and Earlette No. 2 watching that cartoon show on TV during the 1990s. Smile

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Pinky-and-the-brain1

Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way, while I was making a Google image search on "pinky and the brain," I also came across this funny editorial cartoon. (I'm not partisan. I gave up on politics a long time ago.)

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Pinkybrain

Lest I forget, Mrs. Earl's message that was posted in the Guestbook at Ray's website was deleted. I checked the Guestbook yesterday morning. Not at all surprising. We had hoped Tim might read it, but I doubt that he did. Of course, I don't know if he ever was in the habit of checking the messages in the Guestbook. Besides, Mrs. Earl's message wasn't there for very long.

Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 am

Here's another update, but before I continue . . .

Sorry I haven't posted in so long.  A serious chronic health problem has gotten worse, due to my own irresponsibility (combined with depression).

Okay.  Now that I've said that . . .

Ever since Skul provided that nifty link, I've been checking the old website to keep an eye on Ray's doings.  Yesterday I noticed that a message from a rude sports fan passed Ray's moderation and was displayed in the "Letters" column (in glorious pink print). 

I still find these rude comments to be quite irritating.  If I may be permitted an observation:  Most of the sports fans who post abusive comments (as opposed to those who have class) never state the personal reasons for their anger.  I mean, why should they get angry if they don't have any personal reasons?  Organized sports, especially school sports, are not exactly beleaguered institutions.  School athletes (well, at least those participating in the most popular sports) are not marginalized youth, are they?  Aside from insults posted by "anti-sports" visitors or (formerly) forum members, Ray's website has never posed a threat to anyone.  It has always been an obscure website with no power or influence -- as opposed to a website that promotes a particular political ideology, say.  So, I've been inclined to believe that these particular sports fans (the ones who are unfailingly rude) are insecure for some reason, which is why they should state the personal reason(s) they get upset with Ray's website or any other like it.  (Is there such a website around?  I mean besides this new forum.)

Anyway, to get back to our favorite person of the hour (or whatever):  There is a great irony here.  Ray apparently is willing to allow rude, insulting comments about his website and those who support it to be expressed (in the "Letters" column at least) while he has banned two of his former leading supporters; namely, yours truly and Skul (to whom Ray actually owes a lot -- to Skul, that is).

Mrs. Earl says he's just continuing to be a jerk.  Nothing new there.  (I mean about Ray -- not Mrs. Earl, who continues to be a wonderful wife and devoted mother to our wonderful daughters, Earlette No. 1 and Earlette No. 2. Wink  )

Basketball
"I'm gonna play basketball, and you can't stop me!"
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:04 am

Good morning Earl

Well, it's just a little after 5:00 AM as I'm typing this.

I wasn't able to sleep tonight either, just thinking about all these rape scandals in our high schools.

But, now, getting back on topic . . . . . concerning Ray.

At first, way back when this topic started, I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but now, the more I think about it, he's a traitor!

I recall, you once mentioned that Ray is a Tea Party Republican.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, he might as well just go ahead and become a sports fan!

Fuck him! I don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell about him anymore!

He can go suck jock cocks!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am

I don't think he's a traitor -- although, considering the way he's been acting all throughout this mess, he might as well be one.  He's just a jerk.  At least that's my opinion.  I can't read his mind, although I'm sure that would be interesting.  (Has he developed mental problems as of late?  Who knows?)

Oh, well, at least he's good for a laugh.  I mean, that's been the whole purpose of this thread! Razz  Laughing  Basketball

(Oops!  How did that last smilie get into this post?  Laughing  Wink  )

Basketball
"Tee-hee-hee!  I got in AGAIN, and I'm NOT going away!"
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Earl wrote:I don't think he's a traitor -- although, considering the way he's been acting all throughout this mess, he might as well be one.  He's just a jerk.

Well then, he can just jerk off and cream himself, and slobber and drool while watching sports on the boob tube!

Basketball Hey Ray! Ya wanna play ball like a fucking retard???
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:42 am

Earl wrote:Basketball
"I'm gonna play basketball, and you can't stop me!"

Earl wrote:Basketball
"Tee-hee-hee!  I got in AGAIN, and I'm NOT going away!"

Big Fat Heretic wrote:Basketball Hey Ray! Ya wanna play ball like a fucking retard???

Whuddya doin'? Really Not Impressed
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 am

Well, I could say I feel sorry for our basketball-bouncing little friend, since this particular forum is likely the worst place for such a smilie.  I mean, he's likely to be neglected or snubbed and feel lonely and unloved!  Sad
. . . or perhaps I want to communicate to any sports fan who should happen to read my posts that I'm just a regular guy who's compassionate and tolerant and just wants there to be peace in the world.  flower

Nah, it's just because I'm bein' silly.  Razz  Wink  Mr. Green!
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Manatee-Face-bump
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Out of curiosity, I typed in the URL for Sports Suck! and was surprised to learn I now have access! So... no more needing to go to Megaproxy to "spy" on Ray's base of operations. How about you, Earl? Or are you still "banned" from the site?
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:35 am

Ah, the Ray saga continues!  Smile Cool Wink Mr. Green! 

Skul wrote:Out of curiosity, I typed in the URL for Sports Suck! and was surprised to learn I now have access! So... no more needing to go to Megaproxy to "spy" on Ray's base of operations.
Interesting, as Spock would say.

Skul wrote:How about you, Earl? Or are you still "banned" from the site?
Well, I just tried to access Ray's website without the assistance of Megaproxy; but I was denied access as before.  I'm speaking out of complete ignorance here, but perhaps you have an advantage because you're posting in another country.  Aw, I really don't know what I'm talking about! Rolling Eyes  Still, this discrepancy is strange. scratch  Why are you denied access no longer (at least for the time being), but I continue to be denied access?  I don't know the answer to that one!

But it really doesn't make any difference, as far as I'm concerned.  With Megaproxy I can access Ray's website just about any time I want. Mr. Green!  Smile  Wink
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Weird. It could have something to do with the fact that I've upgraded to Windows 7 and my IP has maybe changed as a result.

It's no use, Sports Suck! Your ban-ray has no effect on me! I'm like the Borg — I've adapted to your attack!

Or something.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThinWhiteDuke Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Seeing as we are coming up to the first anniversary of Ray's descent into villainy and him going all Year Zero on the website, do we know why he did it?
ThinWhiteDuke
ThinWhiteDuke
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Greetings, TWD!  Smile  I'm delighted you're still with us, and I'm grateful that you're still supporting this forum.

You raise a good question, but I have no answer.  I can only guess.  I'm still as mystified as I was when this all began.  Perhaps Ray considered me and Skul to be too moderate.  Who knows?

Here's a stupid suggestion from me:  You could try communicating with Ray by means of an e-mail sent from you to the "Letters 2013" column of his website and ask him politely why he did away with his forum.  I doubt Ray carries any grudge against you (as I suspect he might against me).  There's no reason why he would.  My suggestion is stupid, but you never know.  Ray might respond to you privately (as long as he has your e-mail address).

By the way, when I have time after Thanksgiving, I'll start a new topic entitled "Prequel to the Ray Saga:  How It All Began" (assuming this title isn't too long).  I thought I should give a detailed account of the sequence of events that started around this time last year.

Last edited by Earl on Sat May 31, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 am

Hey, Skul, I still use megaproxy.com to keep tabs on Ray's website, our former home on the Internet from which we were so cruelly evicted.   Sad  Mr. Green!  Wink 

As I submit this post, it's now in the middle of the night where I reside; and I've just returned from another visit to our old haunts.  

In all of the many times I've visited Ray's website under cover, the thought never occurred to me to check on one of the other features of Ray's domain besides the Guestbook and the Letters column.  

To get there, I first clicked on "References" on the home page, which accessed a webpage that displayed the following at the bottom:  Click here to meet our staff -->  

So, I clicked there and accessed the webpage that is entitled "The Staff."  

The same photos of the dogs and the cat were there, arranged in two horizontal rows with three pictures per row.  I had remembered that you were appropriately represented by a Scottie.

But, Skul, something was terribly amiss!  Your dog photo and the accompanying info were gone!   Shocked    There was nothing there but a blank space where your photo and info should have been displayed!   Shocked 

Skul, do you realize what this means?  You have been erased from www.sportssuck.org history!   Sad   Our formerly beloved brother Ray has lowered himself to the level of Stalin, whose Communist functionaries would delete published images of the latest comrade who had fallen victim to his terror and been executed or assassinated!  Tragically, Ray (who, incidentally, is a Tea Party Republican, otherwise known as a "teanut") has followed the example of Comrade Stalin in his treacherous ways!   Evil or Very Mad  Crying or Very sad  Sad  Neutral  Mr. Green!  Wink 
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sat May 31, 2014 9:40 pm

Earl wrote:The same photos of the dogs and the cat were there, arranged in two horizontal rows with three pictures per row.  I had remembered that you were appropriately represented by a Scottie.

But, Skul, something was terribly amiss!  Your dog photo and the accompanying info were gone!   Shocked    There was nothing there but a blank space where your photo and info should have been displayed!   Shocked 

Skul, do you realize what this means?  You have been erased from www.sportssuck.org history!   Sad   

The dastard! Oh well.

I actually noticed that a long while ago. I was curious to see if he removed me, and yes... yes, he did. Rolling Eyes

I'm still confused by his behaviour, though. It's like he was scared we had found out the website was set to expire. Why didn't he just say, "No, don't worry. I'm going to pay the hosting fee to keep it up," or something like that? Why "ban" us from the site? Why not keep the forum up? Why not just give a reason? It doesn't make sense.

Ray/Bender—"Make sense"? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

I must say your response is quite expressive (and LOUD)!  
NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Smiley-laughing001

Mrs. Earl and I are two of your biggest fans.   Cool  Mr. Green!
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Fans? About time!

To show your adoration of me, I fully expect you to wear foam hands while shouting "WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT?" to the annoyance of your neighbours.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 pm

That sounds like a reasonable thing to do.   Smile 

I'll be sure to express my support in a dignified way, as exemplified by the chaps in the photo below:

NEWS FLASH!  NEWS FLASH!  The Ray Saga Continues! - Page 3 Who%20dat%20fans

Oops! The photo showed up in the Preview; but it doesn't once the post has been sent. What gives? I wonder.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:25 am

The latest update from Earl's laptop:

About a week or so ago, just on a whim I tried to access Ray's website without using www.megaproxy.  I was surprised when I saw that I was no longer banned.  The homepage popped up rather quickly.  Needless to say, I have no idea why Ray lifted my ban.  Anyway, I've been able to access his website anytime I've wanted.  At least for now.  .  .  .

I've noticed that i_like_1981 has twice left a message in the Guestbook, each time mentioning the absence of the old forum.  I posted a message of my own immediately after his second message to tell him that the forum had been "moved."  I also copied and pasted the URL for this forum.  (See https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/t182-i_like_1981-has-returned-to-the-internet )

Now we'll wait to see what happens.  I posted my message between 10:30 and 11:00 CST.  I expect to be banned and my Guestbook message to be deleted in the next 24 hours.  I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Oh, I almost forgot:  I also noticed that my comments in the 2007 Letters column have all been deleted.  Yes, I've been shoved down the ol' memory hole by our friend Ray, despite the fact that my very first message defended his website from a trolling sports bore (who, incidentally, I later learned was a liar).

All of this makes me laugh.  But what really makes me mad is the fact that I'm not able to communicate with i_like_1981 or the Australian teenager "Tim" with whom I've had several exchanges in the Letters column for the year(s) in question.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Since my last post above, I had continued to check Ray's Guestbook daily to see if my latest message there had been allowed to stay.  Actually, I checked more than once a day.  I was surprised that it had not been deleted.  Well, it finally happened.  (Apparently, Ray doesn't check his website every day.  Either that, or he was on vacation or checks his website every other week -- which seems unlikely to me.)  Between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. CST, I visited Ray's website and saw that my message (which I had addressed to i_like_1981) had finally been deleted.  Not only that, it appears I've been banned from the "Letters" columns and other pages of Ray's website.  All except the Store.  I'm wondering why I haven't been banned from the entire website again.  Seems like that would have been easier for Ray to do, but I suspect the reason why he has allowed me to enjoy continued access to the Guestbook is so I'll see that he deleted my message.  If that is true, then that would mean he's spiteful.

I'm not upset over being banned from one page or another of Ray's website.  I'm irritated because Ray has not allowed me to communicate with i_like_1981 or Tim, who has posted only in the "Letters" column for the year.  In other words, he won't allow any so-called "sports hater" previously associated with his old forum to have an exchange with anyone at his website.  Ironically, this situation would make Samdaman  Mad  quite happy.  Ray clearly is one of the biggest jerks I've ever met online.  I could cause him a lot of grief if I so desired.  Unless he's grown up since he was banned from Ray's website years ago, I think Samdaman  Mad  would be very interested in Megaproxy.  But since Ray knows I'm a Christian, he knows I won't "play dirty."  In other words, I shall continue to exercise restraint.  I wouldn't want to lower myself by being petty, anyway.  

Well, Ray, in case you're checking us out (which I doubt), you do happen to be one of the biggest jerks I've ever met online.  Courage ain't one of your strong points.

(Possibly more thoughts later today.  .  .  .)
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:50 pm

bump
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Imperialist Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 pm

So, in the end, why were we forced to create a separate refuge? The mystery is yet to be solved.
The Imperialist
The Imperialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next