I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim

2 posters

Go down

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim Empty FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim

Post by Big Fat Heretic Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am

Yes, I know! We already have a bunch of topics about the Steubenville rape scandal involving a couple of high school football players.

But, this latest debacle concerning how the NEWS media has been handling all of this, FOX NEWS has sunk to a new low level, as it always does. So, this one deserves a topic all of it's very own!

Yeah! FOX NEWS keeps on sinking lower and lower all the time!

But, just when you think that FOX NEWS couldn't possibly sink any lower, well . . . . . . .

Anyway, check out this following article by AlterNet.

http://www.alternet.org/media/fox-news-airs-name-16-year-old-steubenville-rape-victim?akid=10199.1083715.8TUa3x&rd=1&src=newsletter811103&t=5

==================================================

AlterNet / By Alyssa Figueroa

Fox News Airs Name of 16-Year-Old
Steubenville Rape Victim

Fox News’ America’s Newsroom aired the name of the underage
victim in the Steubenville rape case.

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim Americas-newsroom-500x500

March 18, 2013 | On Monday, Fox News’ America’s Newsroom aired the name of the underage victim in the Steubenville rape case.

During a report by correspondent Mike Tobin, the station aired a clip of 17-year-old Trent Mays, one of the rapists, apologizing in the courtroom on Sunday.

In the clip, Mays states: “I would truly like to apologize to [redacted], her family, my family and the community.”

But unlike CNN, which aired the same clip on Monday, Fox failed to redact the victim’s first name when airing the clip.

In an editor’s note in an Associated Press piece published on Fox’s website Sunday, the news organization stated they were going to refrain from listing the names of the minors in this case.

The note stated:

Editors’ Note: The Associated Press named the minors charged due to the fact they have been identified in other news coverage and their names were used in open court. FoxNews.com will not name the defendants.

However, Fox News broke this promise on Monday, revealing the name of the rape victim that news organizations have collectively abstained from reporting.

According to Raw Story, who first published the news, the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence has encouraged media outlets to “not to publish the names of minors who come forward with allegations of sexual abuse or rape and to avoid reporting stories in such a way that these minors are identifiable.”

To view Fox’s video, you can visit Raw Story’s site here.

Alyssa Figueroa is an associate editor at AlterNet. Follow her on Twitter @alyssa_fig.

==================================================

So, lets see if I understand this correctly.

FOX NEWS says that it will not name the defendants, the football players that were accused of rape.

But, FOX NEWS went ahead and reported the name of the under-aged victim!

Way to go FOX NEWS!

Yeah! We must protect the rapists because they're football players!

But, to Hell with the rape victim herself! Eh?

Yeah! The tide goes in and the tide goes out, and nobody can explain it!

Also, the earth is flat!

Yeah! Uh huh! We get it now!

Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim Empty Re: FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim

Post by Earl Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm

The parents of the 16-year-old victim should sue Fox News for all they've got. Of course, CNN is not much better. Both of them are absolutely pathetic!

The Steubenville scandal: The "gift" that keeps on giving . . . from the sewer. Evil or Very Mad
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim Empty Re: FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim

Post by Earl Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 pm

(This post isn't the first of mine in this topic. See the one above, too.)

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim BFqbMekCAAI2NoS
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 am

Earl wrote:(This post isn't the first of mine in this topic. See the one above, too.)

FOX NEWS Airs Name of 16-Year-Old Steubenville Rape Victim BFqbMekCAAI2NoS

Yeah, it looks like almost ALL of the NEWS broadcasters are more sympathetic toward the two rapists who's "promising football careers" have been ruined while expressing no sympathy toward the teenage girl who was raped and dragged unconscious from one rape party to the next.

But FOX NEWS won in the race toward the bottom of the media gutter in releasing the name of the under-aged rape victim, while promising to protect the identities of the two scum-bags who raped her!

So, FOX NEWS is the worse of all the offenders.

It wins, hands down, in the race to the bottom!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 am

In this race to the bottom, I'd say the competition was quite stiff. We live in a sick society, my friend! Sad
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 am

Poppy Harlow of CNN -- which should be re-named RCN, Rape Culture Network -- has received a lot of backlash on her Facebook page. There's quite a lot to read! I've posted a link below:

https://www.facebook.com/poppyharlow?ref=ts&fref=ts
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down