I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this forum dead?

+3
Skul
Big Fat Heretic
Earl
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is this forum dead? Empty Is this forum dead?

Post by Earl Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:28 am

Discuss.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Is this forum dead? Empty Re: Is this forum dead?

Post by Big Fat Heretic Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:46 am

Earl wrote:Discuss.

Good evening Earl:

I have been very very very busy.

Tuesday of last week, on October 21st I went to early voting at the County Court House.

I voted for every Democrat on the ticket. I always like to vote early.

And I have been staying up late at night, signing literally hundreds of petitions in my E-mails.

Also, I have been getting more and more angry with each passing day! I'm sitting here in front of my computer, smoking cigars, smoking like a chimney, and sipping Old Crow (but not enough to get drunk) and I have been pounding my fists on my bed and screaming out into the night!!!

The Koch Brother and Karl Rove have been pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the Republican campaigns, outspending Democratic supporters 5 to 1!!!

The Supreme Court voted against overturning Citizens United, so those fuck-wads can throw in billions of dollars in dark money, to support Republican candidates, and they don't have to declare the sources of their donations.

If this keeps up, then within a decade, there will be no such thing as voting for a President, a Governor, a Senator, or a Congressional Representative.

NO! The Koch Brothers and Karl Rove, will be able to buy those political offices.

They will do away with public education, healthcare, Medicare/Medicaid and Social security and SSI.

When they finally do away with public education, there will only be private parochial schools that will be able to discriminate, on the bases of race, or religion, or ethnicity.

The Republicans are all pissed off, and shitting in their diapers, because some black guy, like, Neil deGrasse Tyson could become a scientist, an astrophysicist, and an astronomer, and who can call all these Republican Christard Fundies out on their moronic infantile BULLSHIT!!!

It's getting worse and worse out there.

If we Democrats can't keep the Senate and pick up more seats in this 2014 midterm election, and if Hillery Clinton doesn't win in 2016, then I'm going to sell everything I have, and get enough money together, and move up to Canada!

Then I'll seek asylum at a Norwegian Embassy, because, Norway is a secular nation, with separation of church and state.

Hey! In Norway, even their jails and prisons are much nicer than American schools!!!

If the Republicans have their way, all the football players who rape will not be punished, and the rape victims will go to prison instead, and if they have a miscarriage during pregnancy, they'll be executed!!!

America will become a Theocracy!

Hey boys and girls . . . can you say?

AFTER TWILIGHT

I'm outta here!!!  
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Pretty much. Sad Nod
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:19 pm

I feel that I'm largely to blame for this.  I've been spending way too much time in several other forums, and I've not been contributing as much material to this forum as I could.  I've also been downright depressed by a major health problem that has become even worse due to a lack of patience and irresponsibility on my part.  

I've even felt like giving up, but I realize that would be wrong.  Yes, it's true this URL is not the only one for "sports haters" (although the only two I'm aware of are the closed Facebook group "I HATE SPORTS" and, of course, Ray's website); but giving up at this point would mean that we were conceding to Ray.  Besides, there needs to be a forum of this sort for those who are alienated by the sports culture.  I don't like the way Facebook is structured for exchanges with other members.  In fact, I'm not much of a Facebook person at all.

I'm willing to put a lot of effort into one last try.  There are a number of different topics I can set up in the "Off-Topic" board that might interest others.  Many of those who leave messages in Ray's Guestbook also give e-mail addresses.  I could write e-mails to these people informing them of our forum.  Perhaps some of them would be interested.

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone by posting my brief OP.  I was, after all, addressing myself as well.  Let's give it a try.  I'm willing!   Smile
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Good afternoon Earl:

It's over! America is done! Stick a fork in it!

I better be careful what I wear when I go out, I better be careful what kind of books I read, and I better not go out at night with my telescope or binoculars star gazing, because, someone who doesn't like what I'm doing will "stand his ground" and shoot me, because, Karl Rove and the Koch Brothers says it's OK to shoot me, if I'm not a Republican Christian Fundamentalists!!!

And being white won't save me either, because a couple of years ago, an UNARMED white high school teacher was shot dead on his own property. The teacher had some friends over, they were having a party, the music was loud, and some fuck-wad didn't like the music, and went over to the teachers property, and shot the teacher dead.

The "Stand Your Ground" law gives you the right to shoot anybody you don't like, and all you have to do is say that you were scared, and then you can shoot someone.

PRAISE JEEEEEEEZZZZZAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm sorry, but what the hell does that have to do with this topic? Seriously? Where's the connection?
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Skul wrote:I'm sorry, but what the hell does that have to do with this topic? Seriously? Where's the connection?

It has everything to do with this topic.

I have been signing petitions on line supporting Net Neutrality, and against the possible merger between Time Warner and Com Cast. The big corporations want to divide the Internet into a fast lane for the big corporations and a slow lane for the rest of us.

Fuck this shit! I'm already paying $100 dollars per month for AT&T U-VERSE Broadband, and I'm going to be pushed over onto the slow lane??? Fuck this shit!!!

Also, the big corporations will be able to have control over the content of web sites.

That means, that if they don't approve of web sites like this one, then it's going down!

My own blog would be taken down, because it's pro-science, anti-Republican, and anti-religion!

So, if you think this forum is dead, if the Republicans have their way, it will cease to exists!

I hope Hillery wins in 2016, because, if the Democrats lose, and we lose our freedoms, and if I'm not able to vote with my feet and leave America for Canada, then I will go into the County Court House, take our my little folding knife, and slit both of my jugular veins and my wrists and bleed all over the floor and shout. . . . .

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

FUCK YOU ALL!!! FUCK YOU ALL!!!

I'M OUTTA HERE!!!

So, to prevent me from going that far, I'm going to start asking for help to get up to Canada!

It's either that, or I'll kill myself, right there in the County Court House!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Let's just take it one step at a time, shall we?  There's no telling what will happen in the next three years.  A Republican victory this fall could have the effect of scaring the Democrats into working harder in the next presidential election.  I'm just speculating, of course.  At this point in time, no one knows what will happen.  But even if the worse came to pass, I doubt seriously this forum would attract the attention of the extreme conservatives.  As I've said before many times, critical analysis of the culture of school sports is largely non-ideological.

Big Fat Heretic, you shouldn't be talking about committing suicide.  A person who commits suicide inflicts a deep personal hurt on the loved ones he leaves behind.  Like I said, take it one day at a time!   Smile
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:40 am

Earl wrote:Big Fat Heretic, you shouldn't be talking about committing suicide.  A person who commits suicide inflicts a deep personal hurt on the loved ones he leaves behind.  Like I said, take it one day at a time!   Smile

Good evening Earl:

I'm now 63 years old, but I don't feel like 63.

I like to keep my mind active.

But, if Net Neutrality is defeated, and the internet is split into a fast lane for big corporations, sports, and mega-churches, while ordinary people like us are put on the slow lane, and our web sites are censored and taken down, and we lose our freedom to express our own opinions, then I won't want to live anymore.

Unless . . . . .

I'm able to vote with my feet and go up to Canada.

But, if I can't keep my mind active, and all I have left is to just twiddle my thumbs and stare at the walls, and my body is being kept alive while my mind slowly withers away, then, I WILL end my life.

So, here's the deal . . .

If the Democrats don't win in 2016, and America becomes a theocracy, then there is only two ways for me to get outta here. I either get out by hot-footing it to Canada, or I get out in a box!

I would prefer to get out of the USA alive, even if I have to steal in order to get enough money to make the trip up to Canada. I don't care!

All my life, I've been ripped off.

So, I may have to start doing a little ripping myself!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 pm

You haven't answered Skul's question.

You have an unfortunate tendency to hijack threads.  For example, in my topic entitled "Study: Kids Bullied in Gym, Sports Avoid Future Activity," you steered the thread to creationism -- a subject that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue I was trying to discuss.  This is not a freedom of speech issue.  You're free to post your concerns about religion and politics in topics of your own as you've done many times before.

The solution is simple:  If a thread doesn't interest you, don't post.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 am

Good evening Earl:

First you ask . . . . . . . if this forum is dead.

Well, a lot of things on the Internet are going to be dead if those in the upper echelons of political and corporate power have their say!

And then, I had mentioned the reason why I haven't been posting much here lately, which is related to your question about whether or not this forum is dead, is that . . . I have been very very very busy, signing petitions on line in favor of Net Neutrality so that forums like this one, and my own web blog would not die!

So, I was NOT being off topic, because what I'm saying here is related to your question, asking if this forum is dead.

If those in power have their way, it will be dead!!! It will be gone!!!

Earl wrote:You haven't answered Skul's question.

I think I have answered both yours and Skul's question!!!

It's about whether or not this forum is dead. Right?

And my answer is, that I'm out there in cyber-space on the Internet, working my fat ass off, loosing sleep, signing petitions supporting my Democratic party, fighting against these moronic Republicans fuck-tards, and fighting to keep the Internet free for everybody, defending the rights of everybody, including the trolls and the POEs!!!

What have you guys been doing??? Eh???

Earl wrote:You have an unfortunate tendency to hijack threads.  For example, in my topic entitled "Study: Kids Bullied in Gym, Sports Avoid Future Activity," you steered the thread to creationism -- a subject that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue I was trying to discuss.  This is not a freedom of speech issue.  You're free to post your concerns about religion and politics in topics of your own as you've done many times before.

Yeah, the article that you had quoted, it was about how kids who are bullied tend to avoid future physical activities. I get that!!! OK?

Yes, that is true, perhaps most of the time, that kids who are bullied in the gym tend to avoid future activities, especially if it's sports related activities.

But, it might NOT cause kids to avoid fun activities outside of sports, for example: swimming in a lake, rowing a boat, hiking in the woods, flying a kite, or riding a bicycle. OK?

I personally think, that the article you had quoted from, made too many generalities. OK?

Yeah! It is true in today's culture of more "structured" playtime for kids, and our present culture of Helicopter Mamas and Helicopter Papas constantly hovering over their kids, and not allowing their kids to be themselves and not allowing them to grow up a little bit more.

Also, some really lousy parents force their kids to go to Sports Camp against their will with more "structured" physical activities but there are no brain activities.

Ya only need to know how to count to four!!!

Like . . . . . One . . . two . . . three . . . four! . . . One . . . two . . . three . . . four!

Well, actually . . . the first number is HUT!

So, it's . . . Hut . . . two . . . three . . . four! . . . Hut . . . two . . . three . . . four!

Yeah! Ya gotta do your reps!

But, we are not all alike!

My mother was not a Helicopter Mama! I was allowed to go out and do my own activities.

Yes! I was bullied in the gym. So, I would avoid all sports related activities.

But, that did not stop me from going out on my bicycle when I wasn't in school, and it did not stop me from hiking along the railroad track picking wild raspberries and hiking into the woods to pick wild blue berries and rhubarb, and to collect plant and insect specimens to examine under my microscope, or rock climbing rocks with my geologists pick to chip away looking for fossils.

So, I found ways to go off somewhere to be active, because I preferred being alone.

I think Neil deGrasse tyson, the black astrophysicists, recently said it best . . . . .

Give your kids a pair of binoculars and . . . . . GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Also, my mother and I built a home made camper trailer, and we went out on camping trips to the national parks during the summer. My mother, although she only got as far as high school, she was an advanced thinker ahead of her times. So, during the summer, we would leave that dirty little town, that corrupt little fiefdom up in Northern Minnesota, and go out traveling and camping. It was fun, and I could enjoy being active on my own.

And as I had mentioned numerous times in these forums, my mother taught me how to read before starting school, so that by the time I was only in the 3rd or 4th grade, I was already reading science books on Astronomy, Geology, Biology, and EVOLUTION from the pubic library that were at adult level.

And, you can tell Mrs Earl, that it was not just to "look at the pretty pictures"!

She owes me an apology for that insult!!! OK???

I'm not forgetting that any time real soon!

Because of my interest in Astronomy, I read about Copernicus, Galileo, Bruno Giordano, Johannes Kepler, Isaac Newton, etc. etc. and I have read some really big books of 2000 pages in length about the INQUISITION, and whatever pictures or sketches it had in it were NOT very pretty, and I would probably get another 7 day ban from these forums, if I were to post such graphic images here!!!

But, if I decide to post a topic about the Inquisition, then, people seriously need to see those graphic images. And also, during the Christian Republican Bush administration, the USA brought back torture, watering-boarding war prisoners at Gitmo. Praise JEEEEEZZZZZAAAAASSSSS!!! Glory halleluiah! Amen!

I had always thought that America should be above doing that sort of thing. Guess I'm wrong! Stupid me! DUH!!! 

So, yeah! When I have anything to say, concerning science, I'm going to debunk creationism!!! OK???

Anyway . . . . .

It was not my intention go to off topic or "hijack" that particular forum thread, because what I had said was related to my being active during the summer months, and how getting bullied in the gym did not cause me to avoid any outside activities that I did on my own.  

Bullying science nerds and techno geeks in our schools, dose not stop them from doing any science related activities outside of schools. We just prefer to avoid sports related activities. We're not interested in raping woman!!!

OK, I'm just being cynical.

Well . . . actually not. In our great American culture, rape has become another sports related activity!!!

Anyway . . . . . . .

College students who major in science, have gone off to summer Geology Camps out in the deserts, and yes, they do pack a few Styrofoam ice chests loaded with beer! It can sometimes get really hot out there at a Geology Camp.

And, also . . . it's legal for those under the age of 21 to have a beer, but only, if accompanied by an adult.

Well, anyway . . . . .

Good parents today, prefer to send their high school kids off to Science Camp, while low-life trashy parents who are redneck Republican scum prefer to send their little bully-boy-jocklings off to Sports Camp!

Anyway, Science Camp often does offer a lot of vigorous activities.

But, it's not just physical activities, it mainly keeps their minds active.

Sports Camps only keep their bodies active while their mushy little minds are asleep. DUH!!!

Today, so-called physical fitness means building up the body while tearing down the mind. DUH!!!

Yeah! About 250 pounds of quivering muscles with no brain in control, is very dangerous, and must be restrained or kept in a cage when the games are over, so that it can't go out bullying, beating, and raping!

Earl wrote:The solution is simple: If a thread doesn't interest you, don't post.

SAY, WHAT???

You're telling me what do?

This thread sparked my interest when you asked if this forum was dead.

So, I responded, by saying that I have been extremely busy, which is why I haven't been posting much here as of late, because, I've been heavily involved, losing sleep, working my fat ass off, signing petitions on line, and even making calls supporting Net Neutrality, so that forums like this one, and web blogs like mine will NOT be taken down.

I don't want to see nothing but great big corporate web sites selling expensive products, and nothing but great big mega-church Christian Evangelist web sites, and nothing but sports web sites, while environmentalist web sites, anti-sports forums, and atheist or agnostic web sites and science web sites get taken down.

Because, if we allow the merger of Time Warner and Com Cast, they will have the authority to control all the content on the Internet, and we won't be allowed to express ourselves.

HERE IS AN UPDATE FROM ONE OF MY E-MAILS!!!

Revealed: "Leaked drafts show that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) will censor the Internet and stifle free expression across the U.S. and worldwide. Negotiators are closer than ever to reaching an agreement."

This is what the Republicans want to do to America. These moronic, infantile, bed-wetting ignoramuses with shit for brains want to control every aspect of our lives, when they can't even control their own bladder and bowels!  

They fear the Internet! They fear the National Science Foundation and Union of Concerned Scientists etc. etc. etc.

I subscribe to their Newsletters on line. The Republicans fear those who are exposing right-wing politics, the Republican party, and religion for the big fraud that it is!!!

I'm also a member of AU, which is Americans United for the Separation of Church and State. The membership consists of atheist, agnostics, and even Christians who also believe that church and state should be separate.

OK, I do support religious freedom. But I also support the right of people to debunk religion!

But, if TPP gets their way, anything that disagrees with the Republican party, and Christian Fundamentalists would be censored off of the internet.

Yeah! They only want religious freedom for their own religion, and deny freedom for the rest of us!

Ya got that???

So, I've been losing sleep signing petitions to keep the Internet free and open for EVERYONE, including my foes, trolls and POEs. Yes, Internet freedom for EVERYONE!!!

EVERYONE!!! EVERYONE!!! EVERYONE!!!

Yeah! I'm a real political animal.

An angry political animal.

And right now, I am one big fat angry wounded bear!!!

So . . . again, I must ask, I must reiterate . . . what are you guys doing??? Eh?

I VOTE, and I vote early!

How 'bout you guys??? Eh?

Therefore . . . everything I have said here is related to your question at the top.

Everything in this world, every aspect of life, all is interconnected like a great web.

That is my unified field theory!

It will have to do, until quantum physicists come up with their unified field theory for sub-atomic particles.

But, in the meantime . . . . .

This is what I have to offer. OK?
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:21 pm

It's pretty much dead. mainly because of two things.

1) this forum is quite hidden.
2) Registration is admin activated, this makes people drop any effort in posting at all. (as in can't be arsed to wait/care when the admin finally does activate the account.)

Also. Administration can't really take the luxury to ban members who opose in anyway your ideals. Because if any, this forum was decaying already. Skul banning the oposition because they threw some insults was not a smart move.

There's also another issue. but I'll disclose it if the situation is right.

Edit: Also this no Avatar pony thing. Needs to be removed.
It's a show for young girls.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:56 am

Great to hear from you, Brigan!  Very Happy  bounce  I'm so glad you posted!  Very Happy  Cool  I was beginning to feel lonely. Mr. Green!

You've made good suggestions.  I agree that opposition to the prevailing point of view gives a forum life.  Sometimes (but not always) the exchanges can be funny.  

The only one who can make any changes of the sort you have suggested is Skul.  Of course, he might not be in total agreement with you (if you know what I mean   Wink   ).  

Please don't go away for a long time again.  I've planned some features you might like.  Keep in touch!  Smile  
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 am

Good evening Earl and Brigan:

Yeah, you too Brigan! I think . . .

Tell me . . . do you still think I'm just "media sheep" as you use to call me in the old Sports Sucks forums???

And Earl . . . I wish you had posted a response to my previous forum post under his topic.

Anyway . . . . .

I decided to type in blue text from now on, because blue is the color of my Democratic party.

Well, I have both bad news and good news tonight.

The bad new is that the Republican retards have gained the majority in the Senate and while we Democrats picked up a couple of seats in the House of Congress, the Republican fuck-tards are still majority there.

Well . . . I do have to blame some of my fellow Democrats for that, because we had an even lower voter turnout than we had back in 2010, but I always vote, and I like to vote early instead of waiting for election day in November.

Now, the good news . . . which is back on topic.

As I had mentioned, in my previous forum post, on the question as to whether this web site forum is dead or not.

Well . . . it looks like it's going to live, and so will my own web blog and my YouTube channel.

If this forum does die . . . . . it will only die on it's own accord, and not because it was taken down by either Time Warner or Com Cast or TPP, Trans Pacific Partnership.

As you know, I had been losing sleep, staying up all night, signing petitions, and making phone calls, leaving voice messages at the White house, and other elected officials.

The big political issue has to do with preserving Net Neutrality.

So, here is what I have been doing.

When I go to one of my many favorite web sites to sign petitions, I would enter my home phone number, and immediately, my phone would ring, and I would respond, leaving a voice mail, reading from a script, and also adding my own words.

For example: on a particular web site it would say something like . . .

Congress: Don't betray democracy! No "Fast Track" for the TPP

Congress is pushing legislation right now that would "Fast Track" the Trans-Pacific Partnership -- a secretive agreement negotiated behind closed doors by government bureaucrats and more than 600 corporate lobbyists. It threatens everything you care about: democracy, jobs, the environment, and the Internet.

What to say . . .

"Hello, I'm calling to urge my representative to oppose Fast Track for the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement. Congress needs time to debate and amend trade agreements that affect all of us. Fast Tracking the TPP is undemocratic, and I expect my lawmakers to oppose it. I'll be watching this issue closely in 2014."

And also . . .

"I’m calling because I’m worried that the Federal Communications Commission is going rogue, and that President Obama must rein them in now if he wants to save net neutrality — and his legacy. I support a strong net neutrality rule under Title II of the Telecommunications act — not the FCC’s fake plan which would still allow for fees and discrimination against websites. Please do anything in your power to support Net Neutrality."

And of course, I would add, that I don't want to see my favorite websites, forums, or my own YouTube channel, or my own web blog taken down because right-wing ultra conservatives might not like the content.

And then I would end by saying  . . . thank you.

Yeah! I even had painful cramps in my jaw muscles, while refraining from cussing like a sailor!!! Not an easy task for me!

One of the web sites to which I subscribe, they had put up the following YouTube video from, Funny or Die!

Comcast Doesn't Give A F*ck

Yeah! This was a heartfelt message to you from Comcast regarding their upcoming merger with Time Warner.

Well, it didn't happen, and it's not going to happen, thanks to people like me, phone-bombing our representatives! They had received so God damn many phone messages that they were unable to respond to them all.

Yeah! My telephone is THE BOMB!!!

Also, some of the representatives had received so many voice mails that their mail boxes were full and could not take anymore calls.

So, they really got phone bombed!!!

Anyway . . . . .

On November 10th of 2014, Obama gave a brief speech.

Here is a YouTube video of Obama from the Whitehouse Channel, to which I'm also subscribed.

President Obama's Statement on Keeping
the Internet Open and Free

Published on Nov 10, 2014

President Obama today urged the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to take up the strongest possible rules to protect net neutrality, the principle that says Internet service providers (ISPs) should treat all internet traffic equally.
==============================

And here is a transcript from Obama's statement on Net Neutrality.

"Hi everybody. Ever since the Internet was created it's been organized around basic principles of openness, fairness, and freedom. There are no gatekeepers deciding which sites you get to access.

There are no toll roads on the information super highway. This set of principles, the idea of net neutrality, has unleashed the power of the Internet and given innovators the chance to thrive. Abandoning these principles would threaten to end the Internet as we know it. That's why I'm laying out a plan to keep the Internet free and open.

And that's why I'm urging the Federal Communications Commission to do everything they can to protect net neutrality for everyone. They should make it clear, that whether you use a computer, phone, or tablet, Internet providers have a legal obligation not to block or limit your access to a web site.

Cable companies can't decide which online stores you can shop or which streaming services you can use. And they can't let any company pay for priority over its competitors. To put these protections in place, I'm asking the FCC to reclassify Internet service under Title II, a law known as the telecommunications act.

In plain English, I'm asking them to recognize that for most Americans the Internet has become an essential part of everyday communication and everyday life. The FCC is an independent agency and ultimately this decision is theirs, and theirs alone.

But the public has already commented nearly four million times asking the FCC to make sure that consumers, not the cable Company, gets to decide which sites they use. Americans are making their voices heard and standing up for the principles that make the Internet a powerful force for change.

For as long as I'm President, that's what I'll be fighting for too."

Yeah! After watching Obama making his speech, I was so happy, I leaned forward toward my monitor screen, and gave Obama a big kiss!!! He's THE MAN!!! The big bad Obama man!!!

So, the Internet will stay free and open for everybody!

We don't have to worry that website forums like this one will get taken down, or blocked, just because someone in the higher echelons of political or corporate power might not approve of the content.

WE THE PEOPLE will NOT be silenced!!!

Many high school and college students depend of having free and open access to the internet.

OK, by "free" I don't mean that there should be no monthly bill for having Internet access. I'm not saying that at all. We have to pay for our utilities, like, gas, water, and electricity, and we have to pay our monthly phone bills, and I'm paying $100 dollars per month for my AT&T U-VERSE Broadband, which includes BOTH my telephone AND my broadband internet access.

No, by "free" I simply mean, having unhindered access to all of my favorite web sites, forums, and my own YouTube channel and web blog, where we can express our opinions, and put up our own content.

No one single person should own the Internet. We ALL own the Internet.

Anyway . . . . .

Last week, when I was out grocery shopping, I stopped by an AT&T branch office. It was about 7:30 PM in the evening, and they were going to close at 8:00 PM, so I had a half hour to ask them some questions.

I had read that if TPP Trans-Pacific Partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast had their way, the Internet would be split up into a fast lane for big corporations, and a slow lane for us common users. I told the guy that I was pissed off about that, because, I'm paying about $100 dollars per month for broadband so that web sites would load faster, and that it would be unfair to be placed on the slow lane even though I'm paying for broadband for faster access.

He asked me how long I had been a customer for AT&T, and I said that I had been using AT&T since 1999 when I got my phone put in, and then I started using the AT&T Yahoo DSL back in 2004 when I quit using dial-up, and then, back in December 11,2012 AT&T discontinued DSL and switched me over to AT&T U-VERSE which is much faster than DSL.

Well, he told me not to worry, because I'm a long time customer, I've been "grandfathered in" to use his terminology. So, I'll still be on the fast lane. But new customers might have a problem.

Oh! How nice! Eh???

Yeah! Like young high school and college students would be put on the slow lane, and they might not get "grandfathered in" not even after so many years of being on the Internet.

And even if you're a senior citizen in his/her 70s, if you are new to the Internet, you still won't get "grandfathered in" like those of us, old or young, who had been using AT&T for many years.

So, new users would be shit outta luck!

But, now we know . . . that's not going to happen, thanks to Obama.

The Republicans are not going to get everything they want, even though they won in this 2014 midterm election year.

Many states are going to raise the minimum wage, despite Republican attempts to repeal it.

There were many Republican voters out there who, just like us Democrats, also favor raising the minimum wage, and also favor the legalization of Marijuana, and also favor prison reforms, and are also pro-choice.

So, our Republican CONgress is not going to get everything they want. Obama will have to start issuing executive orders to over-ride congress if necessary.

Almost every President has issued executive orders.

Health care is not going to get repealed, because a lot of Republican voters also favor affordable health care as much as us Democrats.

All kinds of propositions from one state to another have been voted on my both Democrats and Republicans who favor them. Proposition 47 was passed in California that would greatly reduce prison terms for non-violent offenders, and many inmates will have their sentences reduced from felonies down to misdemeanors.

Well, I've always though that prison should only be for violent offenders, and not for what people put in their mouths!

Drug laws will be changed, despite what the Republicans may want.

And, the Internet will continue to have free and equal access for all users.

And so, we don't have to worry that our favorite websites are going to die.

Now, speaking of drugs, I'm going to indulge in my two favorite drugs of choice, some caffeine and nicotine.

I'm gonna have a cup of Dark Roast coffee, and a nice big cigar!

I'm outta here!

Catch ya gators later!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Big Fat Heretic wrote:Good evening Earl and Brigan:

Tell me . . . do you still think I'm just "media sheep" as you use to call me in the old Sports Sucks forums???

And Earl . . . I wish you had posted a response to my previous forum post under his topic.

Anyway . . . . .

I decided to type in blue text from now on, because blue is the color of my Democratic party.

[REST OF THE POST IS NOT ON TOPIC]

And yes. I still believe you're a media sheep. your post clearly states that you believe every sensationalism blog out there, almost reaching Tin Foil level. which hardly has any relation to the current topic.

Doubts? Remember when you were flailing insults to the old priest that was claiming the end of the world was near? that he was one crazy old man and stuff, how he played his "damage control" saying that he misunderstood the correct date and whatnot.

Well.. I know of a certain poster of this forum who was claiming "if the Republicans have their way, it will cease to exists!", But what do you know.... It didn't happen. Yet like all false prophets or sensationalist out there, his backpedaling or "damage control" was "thanks to Obama.".

It's funny really.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:38 pm

I sense a lot of anger, tension, and animosity in this thread (as well as others, for that matter). Let's all be respectful to one another. Maybe we can all reach a deeper understanding
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 am

Brigan wrote:
Big Fat Heretic wrote:Good evening Earl and Brigan:

Anyway . . . . .

[REST OF THE POST IS NOT ON TOPIC]

Uh, excuse me you moronic little ass-wipe!

But, if I recall correctly . . . this topic is titled "Is this forum dead?" and I had posted about how this forum could die on the Internet, and also, how other websites could die, including my own, if corporate censorship is imposed on the internet by TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast, and if that came about, then the question of whether or not this forum is dead, would be rendered a moot question.

This forum, along with other websites, again, including my own, would have been KILLED!!!

So, all that I have said was on topic AND relevant!!!

Ya got that? Ya little dimwit???

Brigan wrote:And yes. I still believe you're a media sheep. your post clearly states that you believe every sensationalism blog out there, almost reaching Tin Foil level. which hardly has any relation to the current topic.

Doubts? Remember when you were flailing insults to the old priest that was claiming the end of the world was near? that he was one crazy old man and stuff, how he played his "damage control" saying that he misunderstood the correct date and whatnot.

Well.. I know of a certain poster of this forum who was claiming "if the Republicans have their way, it will cease to exists!", But what do you know.... It didn't happen. Yet like all false prophets or sensationalist out there, his backpedaling or "damage control" was "thanks to Obama.".

It's funny really.

NO! I am not "media sheep" because I don't get all of my information from TV NEWS!

In fact, I don't watch TV at all anymore!

I use to have Cable TV with Time Warner. But they kept raising the price every month, so I shit-canned my Cable TV.

Back then, I noticed that ALL the NEWS broadcasters were biased, some toward the left, and some toward the right. But FOX NEWS was the worst offender of them all when it came to right-wing bias.

I subscribe to Huffington Post on line, National Science Foundation, Center For Inquiry (CFI), The Sierra Club, Union of Concerned Scientists, AU which is Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Texas Freedom Network, etc. etc. where I get the latest NEWS concerning the environment, climate change, health care, social issues, and education, and I sign petitions on some of those websites.

And again, if Trans-Pacific partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast had their way, the websites to which I'm subscribed might be taken down.

And no, it's not tin-foil hat stuff either.

Global warming is a SCIENTIFIC FACT!

Back in 2013, CO2 levels reached 400 parts per million, the highest it's been in the past FIVE MILLION YEARS!!!

Yes, you little fuck-tard! The earth is NOT a mere 6000 years old, but is in fact, 4.5 BILLION years old!!!

So, I'm not just getting my NEWS from popular media since I shit-canned my Cable TV.

I sign petitions online and I make monthly donations in support of these causes.

So, what do you do online, besides masturbating with your keyboard?

What else are you doing with your worthless pathetic little life, besides sitting on your plastic-covered living room couch, pissing in your pink pantaloons, and sucking your thumb while watching sports on the boob tube? Eh?

Fuck off!

Go eat shit and DIE!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:13 am

Big Fat Heretic wrote:
Uh, excuse me you moronic little ass-wipe!

But, if I recall correctly . . . this topic is titled "Is this forum dead?" and I had posted about how this forum could die on the Internet, and also, how other websites could die, including my own, if corporate censorship is imposed on the internet by TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast, and if that came about, then the question of whether or not this forum is dead, would be rendered a moot question.

This forum, along with other websites, again, including my own, would have been KILLED!!!

So, all that I have said was on topic AND relevant!!!

Ya got that? Ya little dimwit???

The topic says "Is this Forum dead?" that a yes/no question. with an optional explanation on to "Why?", now read all the irrelevant stuff you wrote down and how not only me, but Skull and Earl are baffled aswell when they even question you on What does it has to do with the topic.

Which is... none.

Big Fat Heretic wrote:NO! I am not "media sheep" because I don't get all of my information from TV NEWS!

In fact, I don't watch TV at all anymore!

I use to have Cable TV with Time Warner. But they kept raising the price every month, so I shit-canned my Cable TV.

Back then, I noticed that ALL the NEWS broadcasters were biased, some toward the left, and some toward the right. But FOX NEWS was the worst offender of them all when it came to right-wing bias.

I subscribe to Huffington Post on line, National Science Foundation, Center For Inquiry (CFI), The Sierra Club, Union of Concerned Scientists, AU which is Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Texas Freedom Network, etc. etc. where I get the latest NEWS concerning the environment, climate change, health care, social issues, and education, and I sign petitions on some of those websites.

scratch so... you don't watch TV media, but you watch WEB media that's biased towards what your country calls LEFTist media. Rolling Eyes, I don't see any diference at all. also most of those exagerate stuff just to rally left radical supporters, like yourself.

Big Fat Heretic wrote:

And again, if Trans-Pacific partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast had their way, the websites to which I'm subscribed might be taken down.
And no, it's not tin-foil hat stuff either.
Global warming is a SCIENTIFIC FACT!
Back in 2013, CO2 levels reached 400 parts per million, the highest it's been in the past FIVE MILLION YEARS!!!
Yes, you little fuck-tard! The earth is NOT a mere 6000 years old, but is in fact, 4.5 BILLION years old!!!
So, I'm not just getting my NEWS from popular media since I shit-canned my Cable TV.
I sign petitions online and I make monthly donations in support of these causes.
So, what do you do online, besides masturbating with your keyboard?
What else are you doing with your worthless pathetic little life, besides sitting on your plastic-covered living room couch, pissing in your pink pantaloons, and sucking your thumb while watching sports on the boob tube? Eh?

Fuck off!

Go eat shit and DIE!!!
Why are you bringing Global warming up for? Who's debating it?, Why do you feel the urge to bring uncalled points into a Thread that's not discussing it.

Signing petitions online? making donations? I donate to charity, and practice law.

Masturbating with a keyboard?, Pissing in a pink pantaloons, sucking your thumb?... You know... I'm starting to think you're just projecting yourself. Neutral
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:27 am

Godhandromo wrote:I sense a lot of anger, tension, and animosity in this thread (as well as others, for that matter). Let's all be respectful to one another. Maybe we can all reach a deeper understanding

Welcome to the forum, Godhandromo!   Very Happy

I agree with your observation -- although I must say that anger, tension, and animosity are found in many forums.  The anonymity of communicating by means of the Internet has removed inhibitions that usually govern people's behavior in real life.  But occasionally some people reach a deeper understanding.

This is not the only website that has an "anti-sports" theme.  (I personally don't like that label because it doesn't accurately describe my views.)  So, I've noticed that some, if not many, sports fans are quite angered by the mere existence of a forum such as this.  I also would prefer actual communication to the insults that are so typical on the Internet.

I'd be interested in knowing why this forum interests you.  Is there anything in particular you'd like to discuss?

Even though the currently active members of this forum are very few in number, please know that we are not all alike and have the same attitudes, etc.  In other words, in order for there to be any real communication, each individual needs to know where the other is coming from, so to speak.

At least you and I can have a civil exchange.  I hope to hear from you again.  Keep posting!   Smile
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Earl Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:45 am

I’m glad you decided to post, Brigan.  I’ve always enjoyed hearing your posts.  [Note from Earl:  My wife is blind; so, I read posts to her and type up her posts.]

However, I think you’re completely wrong about Bronies; but since this is not the subject of the thread, I won’t discuss it here.   Smile  
Mrs. Earl
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:48 am

Brigan wrote:so... you don't watch TV media, but you watch WEB media that's biased towards what your country calls LEFTist media. I don't see any diference at all. also most of those exagerate stuff just to rally left radical supporters, like yourself.

difference - exaggerate - learn to spell, ya moron!!! Capitalize first word in a sentence.

Sorry JIMBO Bubba Booey! But scientific facts and REALITY just happens to have a somewhat left-leaning bias! OK?

As opposed to ignorance, stupidity, and religious superstition, which all has a far right-wing bias!

Global warming is a FACT! Sea levels are due to rise another 1.5 meters by the year 2100.

Listen you little fuck-tard!

The earth is NOT flat, it is round, it's 4.5 billion years old, and the moon is NOT cheese!

Yeah! All the science books I have ever read on Astronomy, Geology, Paleontology, Biology, EVOLUTION, physics, chemistry, etc. etc. is all leftist media and leftist propaganda! RIGHT???

OK, I get it now!

So, you say you donate to charity, and practice law. REALLY???

What charities haven you given to? Let me guess. To buy new helmets and jerseys for high school football teams!

You practice law? Let me guess. You're one of those crooked shyster lawyers who help football players get off scott-free on rape charges! Right?

Go fuck yourself!!!

Go change your diapers, go to bed, and hug your football and suck your thumb, little boy!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:07 am

Big Fat Heretic wrote:
difference - exaggerate - learn to spell, ya moron!!! Capitalize first word in a sentence.

But I am. You see, English is not my main language. I speak portuguese and Spanish, English is just another language I've picked up along my way.

Big Fat Heretic wrote:
Sorry JIMBO Bubba Booey! But scientific facts and REALITY just happens to have a somewhat left-leaning bias! OK?

As opposed to ignorance, stupidity, and religious superstition, which all has a far right-wing bias!

Global warming is a FACT! Sea levels are due to rise another 1.5 meters by the year 2100.

Still. doesn't have anything to do with the current topic, or are you claiming Global Warming is the main cause of Death to this Forum.   Smile

Big Fat Heretic wrote:
Listen you little fuck-tard!

The earth is NOT flat, it is round, it's 4.5 billion years old, and the moon is NOT cheese!

Yeah! All the science books I have ever read on Astronomy, Geology, Paleontology, Biology, EVOLUTION, physics, chemistry, etc. etc. is all leftist media and leftist propaganda! RIGHT???

OK, I get it now!

Again, you're going off-topic. Noone's questioning any of those facts.

Big Fat Heretic wrote:
What charities haven you given to? Let me guess. To buy new helmets and jerseys for high school football teams!

You practice law? Let me guess. You're one of those crooked shyster lawyers who help football players get off scott-free on rape charges! Right?

Go fuck yourself!!!

Go change your diapers, go to bed, and hug your football and suck your thumb, little boy!!!

There's no football where I live, much less football players and I don't even watch Football, I do like Soccer though.

Also, now that I remember you're so bold that you think Mrs. Earl insulted you. How low can a Man be to call what Mrs. Earl said an insult? That's a new low for you, shame on you.

On another note. Thanks Earl and Mrs. Earl for that welcome, I'm much grateful.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:52 am

Brigan wrote:Still. doesn't have anything to do with the current topic, or are you claiming Global Warming is the main cause of Death to this Forum.

SAY WHAT???

You're putting words into my mouth!

I did NOT say that global warming would be the main cause of the death of this forum!!!

Where did you get that?

NO! What I have been saying, that if Trans-Pacific Partnership, Time Warner, and Com Cast had their way, any website content that did not meet with their approval would be censored, blocked, and taken down.

That would probably include website forums, like this one, My own web blog and YouTube channel, or any website that criticizes industries that are causing environmental pollution, and many of my favorite science websites would be taken down.    

You seem to lack reading comprehension!

Go back and very carefully, and very slowly re-read my previous comments!

Brigan wrote:There's no football where I live, much less football players and I don't even watch Football, I do like Soccer though.

Oh! Pardon me sir . . .

But, you must have me confused with someone who gives a flying fuck!!!

Brigan wrote:Also, now that I remember you're so bold that you think Mrs. Earl insulted you. How low can a Man be to call what Mrs. Earl said an insult? That's a new low for you, shame on you.

I had mentioned earlier, that before I even started going to school, my mother taught me how read, so that by the time I was only in grade school, I was already reading science books at high school and adult level.

Mrs. Earl said that, it was probably just to look at the pretty pictures!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was not, just to look at the pretty pictures.

So, I considered that an insult!!!

And, I do expect an apology for that!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:56 am

We missed you, Brigan!  

You wrote:Still. doesn't have anything to do with the current topic, or are you claiming Global Warming is the main cause of Death to this Forum.    Smile

Is this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? RoflIs this forum dead? Rofl
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:04 am

Still a lot of anger here. I have noticed that Big Fat Heretic is consistently disrespectful in his posts, and his "logic" is riddled with logical fallacies and pseudo-intellectual ideas.

Big Fat Heretic, why can't you treat others with respect? Let's tone it down a bit and maybe we can learn from one another

GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next