I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't you like sports?

+2
Big Fat Heretic
Earl
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why don't you like sports? Empty Why don't you like sports?

Post by Earl Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am

If asked with the right attitude, this question is quite reasonable.  I'm delighted that Romo is not one of those who fly into a rage over the mere existence of a forum like this.  I welcome exchanges with civil sports fans.  I don't put up with personal insults from intolerant jerks who are unwilling to try to understand the other guy's point of view.  Such posters only prove how immature they are.

There's no way I can answer this question in a single post, but I will begin to answer it with this OP.

As I was growing up, I never had any desire to participate in a sport; and I had no interest in watching any games.  I just didn't have any desire.  I was a typical boy in many ways.  (When I was a toddler, I once gave my mother the fright of her life when she found me one day playing with a coral snake and laughing about it.)  But I never had an interest in sports.

Ever since I started posting in "anti-sports" forums, I've wondered why I wasn't like other boys in that regard.  Well, I think I've finally figured out why.  There was a particular incident early in my childhood that seems to have had a more profound influence than I had realized previously.

I spent the first six years of my life in a small college town in central Texas.  Some of the kids who lived there were quite rough.  There was a sociopath about my age named Edwin.  One day he ridiculed me by saying that he could run faster than I could.  I remember feeling ashamed at the time.  But I also remember thinking to myself Why does it matter?  Why should it matter?  Why should I be regarded as inferior because I can't run as fast as Edwin?  I don't remember if this incident occurred before or after the time he physically assaulted me one day without provocation with a lead pipe.  Today my scalp still sports a tiny scar at the point where the lead pipe came into contact with my head.

(By the way, since I've been working out at a health club for years, I'm probably in far better shape than Edwin; and I bet I can probably outrun him, too.  Assuming he's still alive, of course.)

I was small for my age.  I have a sister who is seven years older than I.  She once saw me attacked by not one, but several big boys.  (There's courage in numbers, I suppose.   Rolling Eyes  )  She says I didn't try to get away, but just stood there and took it.  She also told Mrs. Earl and our two daughters (Earlette No. 1 and Earlette No. 2) that once I was pushed out of a school bus window.

Anyway, perhaps this incident had something to do with my lack of interest in sports.  Perhaps I associated bullying and physical assault with sports.

This is only the beginning.  I'll have more to say in another post.  I have a lot more to say, period.

Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Why don't you like sports? Empty Re: Why don't you like sports?

Post by Big Fat Heretic Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Good afternoon Earl:

Well, you know my story.

I have repeated it so many times that I'm getting sick and tired of having to explain to idiots over and over and over again and again and again, why I hate sports. But it will never sink into that shit that all those idiots have for a brain!

I didn't start out in life hating sports. I was merely not interested.

It was sports fans that taught me how to hate sports! It was a couple of sports-obsessed teachers in my school that taught me how to hate sports! They were even worse than the jocks!!!

It was being punched in the stomach with a basketball, almost fracturing my ribs, that taught me how to hate sports. It was getting my head bashed against a brick wall by a sports-obsessed teacher in an argument over books I wasn't allowed to read, which contributed toward my hatred of people who even like sports. It was getting kicked in the testicles that caused me to hate sports bullies even more!

It was sports that taught me how to hate sports!

Now, I hate people who like sports and jocks who play sports!

I hate people who don't like books!

So, I'm sorry, NO, I'm NOT sorry! I can't be polite to jocks and sports fans!

It's tit for tat, and all that . . . . . because I have been told that people like me is what's wrong with America and even that people who are physically handicapped should be exterminated, and that kids with a physical handicap who are unable to participate in sports shouldn't even be allowed in our schools.

Yeah! This was back in 2012 when they were planning to demolish the City Hall building and the Insights Science Museum to make room for a new sports arena.

Because I was against that, I was told that I was what's wrong with America, by fucking retards who even said to my face that they didn't give a shit about museums and libraries.

Then, early in 2013 when I got up in the morning, I could hear the rumble.

It was the sound of the City Hall building going down. About a week later, I saw the wrecking crew clearing away the rubble. I asked one of the guys if I could have a small chunk as a remembrance. I have a small piece of the City Hall building on a table in my living room.

I don't know when or where the Insights Science Museum will be relocated, if ever.

Fuck all the jocks and sports fans! I hate them even more now!

Personally, I think that all redneck sports fans and jocks should get their testicles smashed so that they can fuck their cousins and siblings and produce more idiots like themselves!

END OF STORY!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 pm

It's interesting to hear your story, Earl. I just want you to keep in mind that although both bullies and those involved in sports are typically identified as "macho and manly", they are two completely separate groups. There are sports lovers that are the nicest, gentlest people in the world. And there are sports haters that are also hateful and outright violent. Look no further than this forum, for one example of a violent and dangerous sports hater
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:31 pm

The equivalent of PE in my country was.. I dunno. Like going to gym for the first time, looking at everyone so used to do all those excercises easily and being afraid to screw up and have everyone laugh at you.

I was kinda shy back at the time, But I always loved playing soccer or baseball with friends, but not just that, Hide and seek, exploring through neighbor's terrain, playing waterballoon wars.

When I see Baseball matches or Soccer for that matter, I'm aware of the stregth, stamina and dexterity needed to withstand a whole match and not be tired. It's true though, not all sports require all of the above, American Football is plain brute force to me, But hey! Those are my taste.

I'm posting here not because I don't like Sports, Just sharing my experience as a Child. I believe PE experiences has a strong influence on wether people end up liking sports or not, or even trying out any kind of physical activities.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm

GodhandRomo wrote:It's interesting to hear your story, Earl.  I just want you to keep in mind that although both bullies and those involved in sports are typically identified as "macho and manly", they are two completely separate groups.  There are sports lovers that are the nicest, gentlest people in the world. And there are sports haters that are also hateful and outright violent.  Look no further than this forum, for one example of a violent and dangerous sports hater

Are you referring to me???

Violent and dangerous? Really???

Listen good and listen tight, ya little shit-bag!!!

I have NEVER done anything to other people, the shit that has been done to me!

I have NEVER bashed another person's head against a brick wall!

I have NEVER kicked another guy in the testicles!

I have NEVER punched another person in the stomach with a basketball!

I have NEVER attacked someone with a machete, and fractured his wrist and struck him in the back of the head!

I have NEVER beaten and rape another person!

I have NEVER tried to steal a shotgun from a neighbor to shoot somebody! But Oh! My own dear sweet brother tried to steal a shot gun from a neighbor. He wanted to blow me away, because he felt that my wanting to build a telescope was being disruptive of our family.

That worthless little ingrate!!! This was back in the early 1970s when my brother was in the high school marching band where he played the trumpet, and my mother worker her butt off for him to make sure his marching uniform fit properly. We invested a lot of money in him. His trumpet cost about $150 dollars which was a lot of money back then, compared to now. There were times when I needed new shoes or new clothes, and we couldn't afford it.

I managed to scrape together a lousy $25 dollars to order a kit from the Edmond Scientific Co to build an 8 inch Newtonian reflector telescope, which meant having to keep our bedroom clean and dust proof while grinding and polishing the 8 inch mirror blank.

My brother felt it was disrupting our family. So he tried to steal a shotgun from a neighbor. Fortunately, the neighbor saw him coming out of his house, and took the shotgun away from him.

And you say I'm violent and dangerous???

I'm 63 years old, and if I were violent and dangerous, you'd think that I would have done something violent and dangerous by now!

Yes, I have a lot of anger issues, and I express myself verbally.

But, only cowardly little retards like you are afraid of a 63 years old man who has to get around in a power chair.

Yeah! I'm angry! Very angry!

What an I suppose to do? Be all happy and like, whooooooopeeeeeee!

Sorry, but I don't live in La La Land like all you fucking retards!

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

You worthless little shit-bag!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Big Fat Heretic wrote:

Yes, I have a lot of anger issues, and I express myself verbally.

But, only cowardly little retards like you are afraid of a 63 years old man who has to get around in a power chair.

Yeah! I'm angry! Very angry!

What an I suppose to do? Be all happy and like, whooooooopeeeeeee!

Sorry, but I don't live in La La Land like all you fucking retards!

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

You worthless little shit-bag!!!

You're not being angry, You're being an entitled retard. When proven wrong you just shell out insults, you don't take the time to analyze what's being said to you, words of wisdom has been directed at you by Earl and Mrs. Earl. yet you flail around like monkey.

You Fat Man, You're behaving worse than any Sportsman out there, any movement you're part of would feel alienated from your behaviour, Not only the False Feminists (Also called Social Justice Warriors, SJW) that spend their time yelling nonsense while not hearing their counterparts.

You're just a clown.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Brigan wrote:You're not being angry, You're being an entitled retard. When proven wrong . . . etc. etc. etc.

ENTITLED??? DID YOU SAY . . . ENTITLED???

Oh! How you right-wingers like to toss the word ENTITLED around.

I'm not talking about entitled. I'm talking about basic human rights that are for EVERYONE, including moronic fuck-tard like you, Brigan, and Godhandromo!!!

The right to NOT be assaulted, the right to have a decent education, the right to read books. Basic Constitutional rights.

No, it's the jocks in our schools and colleges and professional sports who believe they're ENTITLED!!!

Nah! I guess I'm wrong!

God put me on this earth to be a human punching bag and a tackling dummy!

I most sincerely hope, that the shit that has happened to me in the past, never happens to you, not even moronic fuck-tards like you, Brigan, and GodhandRomo.

Go fuck yourselves!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm not a Right-winger fat man, I don't live in the US. There's not such thing as a right Wing where I live.

Alzheimer hit you early?
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Brigan wrote:I'm not a Right-winger fat man, I don't live in the US. There's not such thing as a right Wing where I live.

Alzheimer hit you early?

You sound like a typical right-winger.

Every country has it's conservatives, moderates, and liberals. OK?

Hey! Not even a simple acknowledgement, from either of you, that what has happened to me in my past was wrong and unjust? Not even a simple acknowledgement of that?

Maybe I wouldn't be such an angry old prick if there was at least a simple acknowledgement that what had happened to me in the past was wrong and unjust.

But NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!

You say I'm just feeling "entitled" and that I'm wrong!

Yeah! I'm wrong because I wanted to read science books in school.

I'm wrong, because wanted to build a telescope!

Well . . . . . . . EXCUUUUUUUUUSE  MMMMMEEEEEEEEE, for living, or wanting to live!

Thanks for revealing more of what a little shit-bag you are!

Go fuck yourself!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Everyone has shit on their past. Everyone has problems, that doesn't allow you to be a prick, nothing in the world does.

GROW. THE. FUCK. UP.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Weltall Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:51 pm

I don't hate sports, I like watching them or play them whenever I get a chance. It's a good way to do some exercise.
Kinda the same way Brigan put it.
Big Fat Heretic wrote:

Hey! Not even a simple acknowledgement, from either of you, that what has happened to me in my past was wrong and unjust? Not even a simple acknowledgement of that?

Maybe I wouldn't be such an angry old prick if there was at least a simple acknowledgement that what had happened to me in the past was wrong and unjust.

They don't owe you nothing, the people who wronged you in the past should, if they did what you claim they did, thing is, you believe the universe revolves around you, like everyone must outright tell you that they are sorry for what you may have gone through. I've taken a stroll on some forums that you posted as well, and the stories you've been telling them and the ones you've been telling on sportsucks and this forums, have some very big contradictions.

You have the habit of posting your entire past on each post, or pushing your "republicans are the devils" agenda. and I bet I'm not the only one that notices it.
What Brigan and God, and even Earl and Skul have done on some recent post, is call you out on your derailing of threads with irrelevant stuff, yes I know you hate being told some (sometimes almost the entire post) of your post have no relation to the focus of the topic. and it's not limited to this thread, the ones on the other forums have also called you out on that as well, and you have always lashed back angrily and agressive (The ignorant bully path). That's why I say that you believe the universe revolves around you, and when people tell you you're wrong on something, you automatically believe they're out to get you or Nazi Right Wing conservatives (Hah). That's the attitude of dumb people or spoiled children.
Weltall
Weltall

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Wow!  I didn’t expect much of a response to my OP.  Since there’s so much to be said, I almost don’t know where to begin.  I know I’ll repeat comments that I previously posted in Ray’s now-deleted forum, as well as this one.  So, I’ll say that I'm sorry in advance to those who have already read them.

Thanks for responding to my OP, Big Fat Heretic.  While I don’t hate people, I do understand your rage.  We live in a society that is sick on so many levels.  Dating back to Colonial times, anti-intellectualism has long been a component of our popular culture; hence, the unpopularity of “nerds” in American schools.  Many people denigrate scientists.  For example, Dennis Miller habitually ridicules scientists as “nerds.”  (At least he was in 2009 the last time I bothered to listen to him.  Never mind he would be living in a hut in the wilds were it not for those “pencil-necked geeks.”)  An English professor (in Virginia, if I remember correctly) who recently wrote a book defending football claimed that the reason football is so popular today is because our society lacks heroes to be admired.  He is wrong.  There are heroes around, but they often are not recognized.  Much of the public clearly is star-struck.  They admire stars, not heroes.  When I say “stars,” I mean entertainers (in other words, actors and athletes).  Also, moral courage really is not appreciated by many Americans.  I’ll go into more detail later, I assume.

Romo, I’m not sure what you mean when you say that bullies and those involved in sports are “completely separate” groups.  I’m not sure I agree with you.  But I’m still presenting my views in their entirety.  In other words, they’re not complete.  My story is not over yet.  So, I’ll have more to say about this later.  But in the meantime, I will say that I judge people as individuals.  Jim Crow and anti-Semitism taught me to not be a bigot or even prejudiced. I’ve reached the age when one’s friends begin to die off.  My current best friend is a former high-school football player who has a sensitive disposition.  He’s rugged, but he’s also easily moved to tears by the suffering of others.  When I was in my twenties, one of my liberal heroes was Bob Gammage (now deceased), who had played college football in Texas.  Once I contributed a check for several hundred dollars to his election campaign against Ron Paul in the fall of 1976.  I drove over to his law office to drop off my check.  I didn’t expect to meet him, but he happened to be there and came out of his office to see me.  (He was over 6 feet tall and built like a brick wall!)  Very nice guy.  Mailed a personally handwritten “thank you” note instead of a typical form letter.  In the 1960s my sister attended an out-of-state college in Colorado.  Although she was not a sports fan, she was empathetic to a few athletes in her classes who were physically injured at times.  One of them, who played on both the hockey team and the football team, had suffered horrendous psychological abuse by his father.  So, he had become a pacifist to help him control his anger.  He and my sister nearly became engaged, but he was afraid to become a father because of his anger.  I truly wish I could have met him.  Since both of us were suffering from our own considerable emotional pain (for different reasons), I think we could have helped each other.  But these great guys did not get their moral ideals just from throwing a ball around.  Their values came from elsewhere.

Brigan!  I didn’t know you could read my mind!  Wink  As the cliché goes, you hit the nail right on the head, which leads to my next post (which I will submit in the next hour or so, I guess).
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 am

Earl, I see where you are coming from. Nevertheless, being an athlete doesn't make one a bully. There are plenty of gentle athletes. And being an intellectual doesn't make somebody kind. I have experienced plenty of "smart" kids be assholes in school. One of them is even in prison for domestic abuse Keep in mind, this guy always got good grades, and he beat his girlfriend. I simply find it very dangerous to say "yeah, A group is violent" then cite statistics. Statistics often lie. If you cite that athletes are violent at a higher rate than non-athletes (which is true), I can cite that black people commit violent crimes at higher rates than whites. Does that mean that being black makes people more violent? Of course not. Same with sports. Do sports make people more violent? My personal opinion, is no, and it's much more complex than that.

Now, onto you, Big Fat Heretic. Yes, you are a violent person. You always make threats, hope people become genitally mutilated, hope people eat shit and die, wish death upon people in other ways, etc. YOU ARE A VIOLENT PERSON AND YOU ARE WORSE THAN ANYBODY THAT HAS HARMED YOU. DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING. YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE AND DANGEROUS TO SOCIETY. YOU SHOULD BE LOCKED UP IN THE LOONY BIN AND THE KEY SHOULD BE THROWN AWAY.

You always play the victim, but we're not the ones making physical threats. YOU are, and that is surely against the forum rules. If Earl is listening, I humbly ask you to warn Big Fat Heretic again about making threats. If he does again, please ban him from the forum for good
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 am

Brigan wrote:Everyone has shit on their past. Everyone has problems, that doesn't allow you to be a prick, nothing in the world does.

GROW. THE. FUCK. UP.

My left wrist was fractured. My left hand is crippled up. I use to do oil paintings but now I can't anymore. I use to play the guitar, but now I can't anymore.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with pains in my left wrist and hand. It serves as a constant reminder of the night of the mad machete attack.

Yes, I know, we all have had shit happen to us in our lives. But some of us have had worse shit happen.

Earl opened this new topic talking about the things that have happened to him when he was growing up, and I don't see any of you telling him to get over it, and grow the fuck up.

Did you ever get your head bashed against a brick wall???

Were you ever attacked with a machete?

Did your own brother (assuming you have siblings, I don't know) ever try to come after you with a shotgun?

So, Earl, and anybody else may talk about their past experiences.

But, I'm suppose to keep silent about mine???

Screw you, Brigoon!!!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:38 am

Big Fat Heretic has a legitimate point of view.  He has every right to recount his own personal experiences.  They're certainly appropriate for this particular topic.  I only wish he would dispense with the violent rhetoric.  It isn't necessary.

I agreement with Romo’s previous statement

. . . being an athlete doesn't make one a bully. . . .  And being an intellectual doesn't make somebody kind.

I never said that being an athlete made one a bully or that being an intellectual made one kind.  In my other topic, I even cited Timothy McVeigh and Heinrich Himmler as two shocking examples of bullied nonathletic boys who grew up to be monsters that committed mass murder.  

Now that that’s out of the way, I’ll continue. . . .

(Sorry, BFH, I know you’ve read all this before.)

Concerning mandatory P.E.:  The unsupervised recess period in elementary school was tolerable for me.  At least I was left alone.

But that changed when I started my 4th-grade year.  The recess period was replaced by mandatory P.E.  There was no gym, but it was still mandatory P.E.  This was the beginning of a new period of misery for me.  I had the regular P.E. in junior high.  But in high school I was able to opt out of P.E. since I was a band student.  I soon heard that the mandatory P.E. at my high school was even more hellish for nonathletic boys.  I hate to think what I might have done if I had been forced to take it.

I’ll try to summarize at this point.  I remember the boneheaded policymakers claiming that the purpose of mandatory P.E. was to promote physical fitness.  That was why they required all students to take it.  Yet no exercise programs were ever provided.  (Remember that I was just an ignorant kid.  I didn’t even know what an exercise program was.  Someone had to teach me, but there was no education in "Physical Education.")  There was not even any instruction in the sports themselves!  In none of my P.E. classes were we taught how to play baseball, basketball, or football.  We were never taught how to toss a basketball or how to throw a baseball or a football.  Besides, every single one of my P.E. coaches viewed nonathletic boys with either indifference or outright contempt.  No exceptions.  Over the years I’ve talked to other nonathletic guys.  They all had similar experiences when they were required to take P.E. in school.

What was amazingly hypocritical in my elementary school P.E. was that all the students (at least the boys) were subjected to tests to see how fast could we run, how far could we jump, how many chin-ups could we do, etc.  You would think the P.E. teacher would have noticed that a few of us (including me) were lagging behind our classmates.  But no remedial program was ever suggested.  I’m sure you’ve heard of Remedial Math.  Ever hear of Remedial P.E.?  Was it done just to send paperwork to the state's capital?

P.E. in junior high was a torment.  Each school day I dreaded the period when I’d have to go to the gym for P.E.  I worried constantly about being humiliated and bullied.  It could have been worse for me.  Several of my classmates bullied me; but, fortunately, none of them were in my P.E. class.  It could have been much worse.  Imagine, if you will, standing naked in the showers (feeling completely vulnerable and suffering from low body self-image) when one of your bullies walks up to you.

By the way, this reminds me of a post from another website that I’ve copied and pasted in this forum before.  It bears repeating.  This post was submitted in a topic at Democratic Underground.  (Remember, I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican.)  The URL of the webpage on which it was posted is http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x1389741

Lerkfish wrote:7's point, although conjecture, does bring up a valid issue...

(even if it turns out to be irrelevant in this particular case) the issue being that crimes committed by sports players are more likely to be covered up by administrators than crimes by other students.

Witnessed it myself many times. The old "boys will be boys" defense for cover ups. I saw a lot of behavior from sports players that were not only bypassed by normal discipline procedures, but in some cases, encouraged by faculty as they occurred. I personally witnessed the football team grab a "geek" in the shower after gym, do a "dogpile" on him and force him to the team's jocks over his mouth and face while being taunted with various homophobic slurs. The coach was not only a witness, he was orchestrating it. The only reason he finally stopped it was because he realized having 8 heavy guys on your chest and jocks stuffed in your face was probably preventing the kid from breathing.
Unless some discipline happened behind the scenes, I never saw any punishment against the students involved.

Of course, I'm 46, so I would have hoped that situation no longer happens, but I would not be surprised if it continues.

7's point is that sports players are wrongly accorded a select set of looser behaviour rules compared to regular students.

I feel compelled to repeat a few of the comments I made when I first copied and pasted this DU post:  By the way, I've wondered if this so-called geek is still alive today.  What happened to him that day was horribly demeaning, and almost sounds like rape.  Perhaps he was too ashamed to tell his parents when he got home that day.  He was betrayed by an adult authority figure; namely, the coach!  I wonder what it was like for him to carry the memory of this utterly degrading humiliation, this trauma for decades.  I wonder if his health was adversely affected in the long run and he came down with a serious health problem that shortened his life.

Historically speaking, mandatory P.E. has meant deep trouble for nonathletic boys who are scrawny or fat.  The spirit of Jack LaLanne was never present in these classes.  Physical fitness was never promoted, but bullying often was.  I dare say much hasn’t changed since I was a boy.

The Internet has been a mixed blessing.  One of the positives is that points of view historically ignored by the media now have a public forum in which they can be freely expressed.  One of those points of view has been that of people who were bullied in school.  Yes, I realize that lies can be told on the Internet and that there usually is no way to establish the veracity of posts submitted anonymously in a forum.  But they can’t all be lies.  I challenge anyone reading this to do Google searches on “p.e. bullying,” “phys ed bullying,” “locker room bullying,” “jock bullies,” or similar items.  Page after page after page will be accessed listing links to webpages on which messages have been posted.  For the most part, these are not people who wish death on others.  They’re sad testimonies that otherwise would have been ignored by all those who unthinkingly mouth platitudes such as "Boys will be boys."  Some are downright heartrending such as the post that I've just copied and pasted above.  Like I said, they can’t all be lies.

Here is a message from Great Britain.  Yes, this happened in another country; but the P.E. culture is remarkably the same throughout the English-speaking world.

http://www.bullyonline.org/cases/case97.htm

When I entered the seventh grade I loved football. Unfortunately I was small for my age and could not play, so I signed up to be the equipment manager. I enjoyed being with the team and working to keep things running smoothly. Of course, I didn’t know what I know now: adults often live vicariously through children and teenagers.

I didn’t know it when I started, but the coaches despised me. First it began with a few comments about my size or lack of strength. Then the harassment began with a few of the players and the other managers. The worst occurred one day when I had been sent into the supply closet to sort equipment. I was working alone when suddenly two players and three other managers came in. Normally, they would be out at the practice…they had been sent in to me. One grabbed me, the others helped place me into a large equipment bag. The top was held shut while I struggled to get free. It seemed everyone began to kick me so I curled up in the fetal position to wait it out. It seemed like forever and I can remember to this day the kicks and the laughter and the names being yelled at me. Suddenly the bag was loose and I freed myself. To my surprise, practice had ended. The players were filing by laughing and the coach stood over me saying, “We need to toughen you up.” He had watched and condoned the event.

From that day on, I was not safe in the locker room at school. I avoided football practice by intentionally getting detention or by making up excuses to miss. I had always been taught to be dependable and to respect my teachers. I felt I had no where to turn. I could not escape because the coach was also my PE teacher.

This coach would continue to harass me. I remember the PE classes where myself and other small kids would be made fun of in front of everyone. “Don’t cry” was the only advice I would give myself, waiting to get home to cry, knowing my tears would only be fuel for this coach. This coach liked to single kids out each day with a game. We would play some sort of group game where the winners could return to the locker room one by one, leaving the loser for the end. This last would be called the “Greenie Weenie” and his name would be placed on a chalkboard for everyone to see. I remember how hard I would try to avoid being last. On one particular day, I tried as hard as I could and actually came in second to last. I wasn’t the last!!! The coach just looked at me and said, “You are always the greenie weenie” and wrote my name on the board as he laughed.

I think what bothers me the most is that all this still affects me. I am respected in my field. I am well thought of, have a nice family, etc, but these memories attack me all over again. I have more education than this man. I am more accomplished, yet just his memory seems to have power to put me down again and again.

What have I drawn from this? I believe children need to be taught to be honest. Teachers should be respected but children need to know that adults, even trusted ones, can hurt. These teachers should be reported immediately. Parents who raise concerns and children who report such things should not be viewed as troublemakers or disrespectful. Of course the biggest question is how is someone like this left unsupervised or unnoticed. School officials need to learn that the safety of the kids in the school is THEIR responsibility.

Speaking of the UK, one of the prolific members of Ray’s website was an Englishman whose username was i_like_1981.  He was a scrawny boy educated in London.  One school day his P.E. class was divided into two teams for a game of cricket.  Of course, his P.E. class never provided any exercise programs for those students who were the most unfit.  (Does this sound familiar?)  His team lost.  (Remember, he was forced against his will to “play” in this game.  He didn’t even want to be there.)  One of his teammates (an athletic kid who, if I remember correctly, would become a professional rugby player) walked over to ‘81 and smashed his face with a cricket bat, breaking his nose.  The only punishment this young thug received was to merely be suspended from school for a few days.  (Probably was like a holiday to him.)  When he returned to school, he showed his repentance by shoving ‘81 into a locker.  Yet many fans would ridicule ‘81 today for not liking sports!  Not much empathy, to put it mildly.

I haven't finished posting on the issue of mandatory P.E.  Thanksgiving is coming up, and I'm going to be busy.  I'll post when I have the opportunity.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Earl Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:00 am

If I may, I’d like to put in my two cents.

First, Romo, I urge you to read Earl’s posts carefully before you become angry.  So far he has only talked about what he believed when he was young.  He grew to hate sports because he believed that all athletes were either bullies or disdainful of nonathletic boys.  Over the years I have watched him grow, and he has learned that this stereotype is false.  Sports do not cause an individual to become either good or bad.  Athletes bring their own values with them when they participate in a sport.  Earl has told you about his best friend, who is a former football player.  He has not told you that he has many friends who are either athletes or ex-athletes, and they are all good men.  What concerns him now is the way society treats nonathletic boys and the way some fans want to shield individual athletes who are bullies or rapists.  I know that he would be just as angry with fans who tried to shield a musician who was a bully or a rapist, an artist who was a bully or a rapist, an author who was a bully or a rapist, or a scientist who was a bully or a rapist.  You should hear him when he gets going on the shielding of pedophile priests!

Big Fat Heretic, you said

I would like to point out that at Ray’s website when Fitman’s Brother first posted, he expressed a great deal of compassion and anger over what had happened to you.  He then gave you a piece of advice to the effect that you should not let these evil people win, but that you should defeat them by forgetting about them and getting on with your life.  You then attacked him and called him a Republican along with all the epithets you reserve for Republicans, cussed him out and said that you were not going to let anyone tell you how to live your life.  And that was when he began calling you names.  
Mrs. Earl
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 am

In response to earl:

You said . . . . .

Earl wrote:Big Fat Heretic has a legitimate point of view.  He has every right to recount his own personal experiences. They're certainly appropriate for this particular topic.

Thank you very much!

That is what this topic is about, where EVERYBODY gives an account of his/her past experience about how they were bullied when growing up and going to school.

Oh! But, according to Brigan and GodhandRomo, I'm just suppose to shut up and get over it!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't have the same rights as everyone else! I'm just an underling!

Ya know? When I was in the 5th grade, I was the only one in the class who was not allowed to check out any book I wanted from the school library. I was the only one that was singled out.

I was the only one in the class that walked with a limp, due to my crippled up left knee. In the gymnasium I was the slowest runner. Hell, there was a couple of fat kids who could outrun me!!!

No, I wasn't fat yet. I didn't start becoming overweight until I was 13 years old.

Before I became overweight, I was already told that I was "funny looking" because, I had a rather high and broad forehead, and a narrow lower face. Yeah! I've even been told that I looked like a space alien. All I would have to do was to shave my head and shave off my eyebrows, and add little points to the top of my ears.

Well . . . I should have considered that a complement, and told them that they looked like ignorant, drooling, moronic, slack-jawed slope-headed primitive baboons, and that I was much further evolved!!!

But, when I was 13 years old and started becoming overweight, I think my face began to look much better. My face became more rounded out, and I liked my fatter face. Yeah! I think I actually looked better fat than thin!!!

But, getting back to the 5th grade again.

I was the only one in my class who was singled out.

Hell, my 5th grade teacher practically made me his hand puppet!!!

Let, me explain what I mean by that . . . . .

OK, sometimes in the class room, my nose would itch. One day, a strand of hair got between my eye and the lens of my glasses. My teacher would tell me to keep my hands down away from my face.

Oh! But the other kids in the class could touch their own faces. But, not me!

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to take off my glasses for a second and brush away the strand of heir of hair that was tickling me eye.

Then the teacher came over to my desk, and he grabbed my wrists and slammed both my hands down on my desk as hard as he could telling me to keep my hands down away from my face!

FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

My body is my own private property GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!

This was a few months before the head bashing incident.

I wish that I could have gotten myself a T-shirt, and had the following words printed on it . . . . .

MY BODY IS MY PRIVATE PROPERTY!
NO TRESPASSING! VIOLATORS WILL
BE SHOT DEAD ON SIGHT!!!

I would have felt morally justified if I had picked up a chair and bashed his God damn fucking head in, and killed him!

Then, he would not have lived to bash my head against a brick wall in an argument over a book he would not allow me to check out from the library.

Of course, I would have ended up in prison!

But, hey!!! I could have become a prison librarian and the prisons up in Minnesota aren't as bad as the prisons in the southern states. Right???

And when I got out of prison, I might have gotten a job in a public library where I would be happily surrounded by books. Yeah! Public librarian is a much easier job for an ex-con to get than anything else out there!

Earl wrote:I only wish he would dispense with the violent rhetoric.  It isn't necessary.

Well, I think I have a right to speak violently! I've earned it!

I have received violent sounding threats during my life just because some people didn't like the kind of books I read, or that I didn't like sports, or even that I got on the Internet or listened to the radio!

So, just what the fuck am I suppose to do??? NOTHING???

When I was a kid growing up, the Sword of Damocles was constantly hanging over my head.

But, even as an adult, back in 2001, that same sword still hung over my head. Only it was a machete instead of a sword, and when it came down, it fractured my left wrist and struck me in the back of the head.

Yeah! Punishment for accessing the Internet and listening to the radio!

Hey! Just like some poor lady living over in some Arab country who got her hand mutilated as punishment for reading books outside the Qur'an, the same image I had posted which caused me to get banned from the forums for 7 days.

Fuck that shit!!!

I think that image needed to stay up to serve as a constant reminder as to how violent censorship can be!!!

So, I have the right to think that a lot of jocks and sports fans should have their testicles smashed, their penises cut off and shoved down their throats!!!

It's called, Tit For Tat, and all that!!!

Of course, I'm not going to go out and do anything like that! I wouldn't dirty my hands!

But, if I ever heard of anything like that happening, I would laugh my fat ass off!!!

OK, on to other issues . . . . .

In response to Mrs. Earl:

Mrs. Earl wrote:Big Fat Heretic, you said

"Maybe I wouldn't be such an angry old prick if there was at least a simple acknowledgement that what had happened to me in the past was wrong and unjust."

I would like to point out that at Ray’s website when Fitman’s Brother first posted, he expressed a great deal of compassion and anger over what had happened to you.  He then gave you a piece of advice to the effect that you should not let these evil people win, but that you should defeat them by forgetting about them and getting on with your life.  You then attacked him and called him a Republican along with all the epithets you reserve for Republicans, cussed him out and said that you were not going to let anyone tell you how to live your life.  And that was when he began calling you names.

WRONG!!!

OK, first of all . . . . . it was Fit Man who came into the old Sports Sucks forum as a new member, and the first thing he did was to devote his very first topic to me, calling me a disgrace to humanity and that I should get out and do some sports. Yeah RIGHT!!! I was 61 years old at the time, getting around in a power chair, and I'm suppose to go out and do sports.

Then BOTH Fit Man and Fitman's Brother continued to call me a parasite and a leech because I'm living on a disability check. So, they both came in here calling me names, and then . . . Brigan became a new member, and when I was arguing with Fit Man and Fitman's Brother and posting in my defense, well . . . anything I said in my defenses was IRRELEVENT!!!

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I guess it would have been more relevant if I had agreed with those two scum-bags, Fit Man and Fitman's Brother, that I was a disgrace to humanity.

I don't give a tinker's damn if Fitman's Bother tried to finally apologize to me in the end.

I DON'T FORGIVE! I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN, THEREFORE I DON'T HAVE TO FORGIVE!!!

I don't give absolution! I'm not a priest, although, because I'm short and fat, I've been told that if I wore a brown robe I would look like a monk, to which I would say to anybody is . . . . . get screwed!!!

No! I don't give absolution!!! I DON'T FORGIVE!!!

Yes, both Fit Man and Fitman's Brother had continuously harassed me. So, by the time Fit Man's Brother finally decided to show a little compassion, it was too late! Way way way too late!

You can't un-ring a bell, you can't un-honk a horn, and you can't put the toothpaste back inside the tube!

Oh! By the way . . . . . when I read books, it's not just to look at the "pretty pictures"!!!

I've read a lot of books on the Inquisition with hundreds of pages of text, with some very hideous pictures, and if I were to post any of those not so pretty pictures here, I would probably get banned permanently!!!

Now, I'm going to go smoke a cigar, which can never be un-smoked.
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 am

I'm not telling you not to share your personal thoughts in this thread. I'm telling you to Grown up, You have no legitimate reason to shell out insults towards anyone who happens to disagree on any point of view you so declare on this forum.

Not only it makes you lose the agurment, It makes you appear as a complete retarded child.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

Brigan wrote:I'm not telling you not to share your personal thoughts in this thread. I'm telling you to Grown up, You have no legitimate reason to shell out insults towards anyone who happens to disagree on any point of view you so declare on this forum.

Maybe you would better understand my position if you ever had your head bashed against brick wall, or had been hacked with a machete, or had ever been beaten and sexually molested.

You need to walk a few miles in my shoes, and put a few thumbtacks in them!!!

Now, bugger off!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:06 am

No I don't have to be in your shoes to "understand" anything. Nothing that happened to you allows you to be a retarded child. Nothing.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 am

Brigan wrote:No I don't have to be in your shoes to "understand" anything. Nothing that happened to you allows you to be a retarded child. Nothing.

If mere verbal taunting was the only thing I every had to put up with, that would have been different.

But no! Bullies are not satisfied with mere verbal insults. Bullies have to bash heads, swing machetes, and rape, and inflict permanent injuries!!!

Even right now, as I'm typing this, I'm having sharp pains in my left wrist and cramps in the fingers of my left hand.

I type mostly with my right hand while only using my left hand for the [Shift] key.

It serves as a constant reminder of the night of July 8,2001 when my left wrist was fractured with a machete.

Three times every day I have to take 4 Aspirin, that's 12 Aspirin every day. I don't want to take anything else that might makes me feel too drowsy because I want to stay alert.

I'm having pains in my left hand and wrist even as we speak.

So, I'm going to try request as politely as I possible can, under the circumstance, that you would please stop being a pain in the ass!

OK???  
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:28 am

No insults this time, That's a start.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

Sorry Big Fat Heretic, you still haven't "earned" the right to be a dick towards anybody. You are excusing your own shitty personality. There's probably a damn good reason why nobody likes you on this forum. Just take a good look at yourself and reflect
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Earl Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:23 am

Big Fat Heretic, first, I would like to say that I think your parents should have had your 5th-grade teacher arrested and thrown in jail for child abuse.  That would have been more effective than anything you could have done.

Secondly, Fit Man and Fit Man’s Brother were never at the old forum at the same time.  It is very true that Fit Man came on looking for a fight, and you were his target from the very beginning.  He said rotten things about you, and you responded in kind.  Eventually Fit Man apologized; but you did not accept his apology, which was your prerogative.  Fit Man’s Brother, however, is another matter.  He did NOT come to the forum looking for a fight.  He did not start off by calling you names.  When you told him your story, he responded with compassion.  It was only after you started calling him names that he started calling you names.
Mrs. Earl
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:39 am

Mrs. Earl wrote:Fit Man and Fit Man’s Brother were never at the old forum at the same time. It is very true that Fit Man came on looking for a fight, and you were his target from the very beginning.  He said rotten things about you, and you responded in kind.  Eventually Fit Man apologized; but you did not accept his apology, which was your prerogative.  Fit Man’s Brother, however, is another matter.  He did NOT come to the forum looking for a fight. He did not start off by calling you names.  When you told him your story, he responded with compassion.  It was only after you started calling him names that he started calling you names.

OK, you said that "Fit Man and Fit Man’s Brother were never at the old forum at the same time."

Well, don't you find that odd?

I think that BOTH Fit Man AND Fitman's Brother were one and the same person.

Ever hear of what is called a Sock Account?

That is where you register onto a website forum using two different user names and two different E-mail addresses, and then logging on with one account, posting a few comments, then logging off, and then, logging on using the second account and user name and E-mail address, then logging off, and switching back and fourth between the two forum accounts.

I've seen this sort of thing done before.

It's nothing new to me.

So, that idiot was pretending to be two different people, the old good cop bad cop routine, only in his case, it was bad cop worse cop!

So, while Fit Man came on like a real douche-bag, and Fitman's Brother was trying to play Mr. Nice Guy, I could see through their little scam!

That's why I was rude to both of them. Because I suspected their little scam.

The only way to pull this off and to make it look more real, you would need to have two computers, and then, log on as Fit Man on one computer, and log on as Fitman's Brother on the second computer.

And of course, you would occasionally have your Fit Man post a few responses to Fitman's Brother, and your Fitman's Brother post an occasional response to Fit Man to make it look like they were talking to each other.

But, I can only assume that trailer-trash cheap-skate had only one computer, which accounts for why Both Fit Man and Fitman's brother were never seen logged in at the same time.

So, you would need to have two computers to pull this thing off.

Also, it helps to be a psychotic sociopathic schizoid!!!  

Anyway . . . . . . . either one was such a two-faced liar that either one could sing a duet by himself!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next