I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment

2 posters

Go down

I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment Empty I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment

Post by davethehammer Tue May 05, 2015 8:53 pm

ok you hate sports.
What I am surprised about though is that I don't see discussion about the aspect that some people have come to find out that all pro sports had modified itself to be just entertainment.The outcomes are already decided but the public doesn't know it and its legal to do anyway.

skim through this page and check out this guys site for starters
-thefixisin-  brian Tuohy find this page-the proof,the 5 facts,on the right side of page-written on top of page is- The Undeniable Truth as it Relates to Professional Sports

I'm never going to hate sports per se. I'm not going to be part of the wine and cheese crowd LOL. My friends like sports, I just realize its entertainment. And I like old black and white sports history and football helmet designs.

but people just don't seem to question why the fantastic ending keeps happening in televised sporting events. They seem to think its a normal occurrence when nothing else in their lives goes that well.

pro sports was invented/organized by gamblers purely to make money off the public and that has never changed. It just looks glitzier.

granted, this took 30 years for me to realize but all games I ever watched you deny your logical mind when you know what you saw was a ref lying to you or a player getting away with something or the defender just not even trying. After a while you are sick of the same thing happening over and over.
davethehammer
davethehammer

Back to top Go down

I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment Empty Re: I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment

Post by davethehammer Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 am

And I'll say that deflate gate was completely made up fiction
davethehammer
davethehammer

Back to top Go down

I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment Empty Re: I'm surprised this particular angle about hating sports isnt discussed here,sports as staged entertainment

Post by davethehammer Sat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm

has anyone searched that page since I cant post links for minimum posts ?

davethehammer
davethehammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat May 09, 2015 9:20 pm

I just did a Google search and came up with the following link:

I've also come across this You Tube video:

Just an aside:  I'm not a part of the wine and cheese crowd.  I'm a tolerant individual.  I respect personal preferences.

I'm not surprised to hear of this aspect of pro sports.  Of course, I'd known for decades that pro wrestling matches were rigged for the entertainment value.

The reason why some negative aspects of sports culture may not be apparent to other critics is because we come from different backgrounds and have dealt with different circumstances.  For example, this particular issue.  When I was a boy, I simply had no interest in sports.  Since I never was concerned about the outcome of individual games, I was not concerned about the games being rigged or how common that particular practice might be.

Again, it doesn't surprise me.  After all, when people are in the business of making enormous amounts of money, ethics sometimes (if not often) are put aside.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Mon May 11, 2015 3:10 am

I noticed this line of yours in the version you posted in Ray's forum:

You wrote:Most everything typed here looks like an angry grade school kid who wasn't athletically inclined.

Please don't make insulting comments about people you don't even know.  Especially people whose backgrounds you know nothing about.

I'll be frank:  I don't believe there's any great conspiracy to rig pro sports games.  If there had ever been any such scheme, word would have gotten out eventually.

Besides, even if there were such a conspiracy, I wouldn't care.  The only people it would affect would be the fans who bought tickets.

I suggest you take your conspiracy talk to a sports forum and stop wasting our time.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by davethehammer Mon May 11, 2015 6:03 am

Earl wrote:I noticed this line of yours in the version you posted in Ray's forum:

You wrote:Most everything typed here looks like an angry grade school kid who wasn't athletically inclined.

Please don't make insulting comments about people you don't even know.  Especially people whose backgrounds you know nothing about.

I'll be frank:  I don't believe there's any great conspiracy to rig pro sports games.  If there had ever been any such scheme, word would have gotten out eventually.

Besides, even if there were such a conspiracy, I wouldn't care.  The only people it would affect would be the fans who bought tickets.

I suggest you take your conspiracy talk to a sports forum and stop wasting our time.

I showed you a site where A man in detail explains the angles that make it possible. Furthermore a few athletes have written books about it, sometimes in thinly vailed fashion but books only reach a couple million people if youre lucky. I have watched sports for 30 years and its easy to see how they manipulate situations.
also, You think it doesn't affect you ? Pro sports are a major part of how American economy functions. If the NFL went under the economy would go under. You are talking about thousands of media jobs that wouldn't exist. Millions in retail merch and tickets that would never be sold. The nfl and the other leagues exchange billions with the networks and the media to sell and story every player and every game as if it actually matters in life. Everyone that owns a team is a lawyer billionaire. They are definitely involved with how government functions.

why is it that the 49ers didn't recently start winning the last 3 years until they announced a new stadium would be built ? the 49ers are a team in San Francisco. Team name of course based on the gold rush near there in early America- how is it that they decide to build a new stadium in SF in an area known for the gold rush 3 years before the 50th super bowl is to be held there- 50th = gold anniversary. Is that just a freaking lucky coincidence ? no its not..and in order to do that you have to be in bed with government to get what you want well in advance.

davethehammer
davethehammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Tue May 12, 2015 2:02 am

You're to be commended for not responding in an abusive manner, which is what I had feared when I saw that you had posted again.   Smile

I am aware of pro sports contributing much to the national economy.   Basketball    However, I doubt the NFL will ever tank.  They're indestructible.  No scandal could ever sink them.  We'll see if the controversy over concussions has any effect.  Probably not.

Please feel free to continue with your presentation.  I must say, though, that your audience here is somewhat (make that "extremely") limited in number, not to mention in terms of actual participation.    Neutral   Wink

I repeat, to get a wider circulation of your views, you should post in sports forums.  Of course, there are so many. . . .

I'm depressed; so, I'm gonna have a little fun.  Someone in another forum (Democratic Underground) quoted the following without saying where he got it; so, I'm gonna do it, too.   jocolor  Also, because it's the truth.

But Ray Rice gets (only) two game suspension for beating his wife??

Roger Goodell needs to go.

4 game suspension for brady, a 1st rounder, a 4th rounder, and $1 million for footballs that were no more than .8psi below the "league regulations". Most ludicrous penalty of all time. Roger Goodell needs to go

"The NFL has announced its punishment of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for his alleged involvement in the Deflategate scandal earlier this year. He will be suspended for the first four games of the 2015-2016 season without pay. That is twice as long as the two-game suspension Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice received for beating his fiancée."
Mr. Green!
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by davethehammer Tue May 12, 2015 2:49 am

I'm depressed; so, I'm gonna have a little fun. Someone in another forum (Democratic Underground) quoted the following without saying where he got it; so, I'm gonna do it, too. jocolor Also, because it's the truth wrote:

what part is true ? I say the entire thing is made up. Journalism constantly writes stuff that never happened . News stations only report what the wire tells them to. What does Goodell have to do with anything ?
He only does exactly what the owners tell him to.
davethehammer
davethehammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down