I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond!

2 posters

Go down

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! Empty CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond!

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 am

I subscribe to UCS, Union of Concerned Scientists online and I have even pledged a monthly donation of $5 dollars per month which is automatically deducted from my online bank account.

So, I am proud to be a contributing member doing my small part. I wish I could do even more.

Anyway . . . . .

I got this rather disturbing E-mail from them last night.

========================================

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! UCS

Scientists are terrorists?!

Dear XXXXXXX (My real name with held from forum post)

A corporate-funded think tank compared climate scientists to terrorists. Extremists sent threats to a British researcher, telling him to kill himself and that they wished someone would shoot him between the eyes.

Our opponents have ratcheted up their rhetoric this year and taken the war on science to a disturbing new level. They've moved beyond just casting doubt on objective research — they are now threatening scientists — and in some instances, their families — with violence.

Fortunately, with the help of our Partners for the Earth, we can shine a light on the organizations that incubate this hostility, responding swiftly in the media and providing scientists with the tools they need to fight back.

There's no simple fix for the war on science. As a member of Partners for the Earth, you understand that. Our opponents are too fixated on a desired outcome to accept objective science, and too well-funded to back down easily. But that doesn't mean facts don't matter. With extreme weather clobbering the country and hostile politicians trying to undermine the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and gut clean energy initiatives, we need practical science-based solutions more than ever.

At UCS, we pride ourselves on being a nimble organization, able to confront attacks on science coming from many different directions. And with an incredible community of supporters who help defend science and scientists, we've been successful in 2012 by:

Running campaigns to target corporate sponsors of misinformation: Through a series of public events and online actions, UCS mobilized supporters to call out Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation and demanded they be accountable for the climate science misinformation seen on FOX NEWS and the Wall Street Journal opinion pages.

Winning whistle-blower protection for federal scientists: Together, we built a bi-partisan coalition of Senators and Representatives who passed legislation protecting — for the first time — federal employees who expose censorship or misuse of government science.

Defending scientists in court: UCS helped repel an effort by Virginia's Attorney General to subpoena the personal correspondence of a former University of Virginia scientist whose research he found objectionable. When a corporate front group went after the same emails, UCS helped convince a Virginia court that no special interest group should be given such access.

It would be naïve to think that the war on science will stop in 2013 — but with your support today, we can fight back by equipping scientists with the information they need to defend themselves and their work. Our programs and campaigns protecting science and scientists are why GuideStar's Philanthropedia named the Union of Concerned Scientists one of the top three most effective non-profits — of any size — working on climate change today.

We can't do it without you. Thank you for being part of our community of supporters who make sure facts matter.
Sincerely,
CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! 11508
Kevin Knobloch
President

========================================

WOW! This really sucks!

I remember back when I was going to school, and through out the years afterward, in our schools, the science nerds and the techno-geeks were usually the ones who got harassed and sometimes beaten by the jocks.

Now, it's much worse! It's not safe to be a scientist anymore. Climate scientist and even their families are getting death threats from right-wing politicians and the corporations who contributed to their re-election campaigns. Yeah, I remember it was during a debate between Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry and climatologists, Rick Perry made the comment that "Galileo was out-voted"!

Well, in a matter of speaking, it looks like Galileo is on trial again!

Now, I have to wonder . . . will the science nerds and techno-geeks start receiving death threats from moronic anti-science goons?

I fear, that someday, we're going to hear in the NEWS, or read in an article, that some kid out late at night using his telescope to watch a lunar eclipse, or something, gets shot and killed by some gun-crazy neighbor!

It's coming! I have a bad feeling! A real bad feeling!

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! Spacer
CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! SpacerCLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! Spacer
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond! Empty Re: CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AND THEIR FAMILIES RECEIVE DEATH THREATS FROM RIGHT-WING WACKOS AND BIG CORPORATIONS! Please read and respond!

Post by Recovering Fan Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 am

The climate folks should publish a set of pre-fabricated arguments that those of us less skilled in debate could turn to when confronted with climate skeptics. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me Al Gore only wrote An Inconvenient Truth solely because he was invested in eco-friendly lightbulbs... Rolling Eyes

We need some help in the trenches, you NASA egg heads ! Laughing
Recovering Fan
Recovering Fan

Back to top Go down