I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope You're All Well

2 posters

Go down

Hope You're All Well Empty Hope You're All Well

Post by ThinWhiteDuke Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 am

Hi folks, long time no speak!!!

Just had a brainwave and remembered this forum.

Looks like no one logs in anymore. Just wanted to say, (if any of you decide to look for five mins) I had so much fun chatting with all of you.

I hope you are safe. I hope you are well. I hope you can get away from sports!!!

Be seeing you.

TWD
ThinWhiteDuke
ThinWhiteDuke
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Hope You're All Well Empty Re: Hope You're All Well

Post by Agent 47 Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Hi, TWD! Great to see you on here! I hope you are well too. And I hope you had a good pandemic! I only caught Covid once myself, but it was pretty mild - thanks to the vaccines?

Yeah, it looks like this place finally ground to a halt. I don't know why you, or the others, stopped posting on here, but for me I found that this place (and the old place) had become overrun by a pair of creepy old pensioners and all the trolls and sports fans that they attracted and rolled out the red carpet to. And any actual decent anti-sports posts got drowned out by their never-ending off-topic spamming, and so it just wasn't worth posting anymore. They really trashed this place. It's a mess. But maybe that's over now? This place needs a damn good tidy up!

Hey, this Christmas is the 10 year anniversary of this place! After Skul, me and you were the first members to join on here! We're OGs! But then the creepy old pensioners figured out how to join, and it was downhill ever since then. Sigh. Lol.

So yeah, these days I still have very little interest in following sport. Over the years there's been multiple Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Ashes, Grand Finals, Superbowls, and World Cups that have come and gone, and I couldn't tell you a thing about them. Although this current World Cup has some interesting politics going on - I saw on the news last night that the Iranian team had their hands over their mouths to support the protesters of the regime or something. That was interesting, but then they went straight on to the sports report about the game and the score and all of that, and so I had to urgently reach for the remote control to protect my sanity.

There's so many more interesting things to do than following sport. My current project is to 3D print a part for my car, but if I had to keep up with "the score" in "the game", then that would just get in the way of that.

SPORT JUST GETS IN THE WAY!

Agent 47
Agent 47
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum