I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

3 posters

Go down

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!  Empty Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:10 am

Good evening Skul:

I remember in one of your forum posts, you had mentioned that the flags in our forum logo had ragged looking edges.

Well, I fixed it!!!

I copied the logo to my Microsoft paint, and zoomed in close so I could edit it, and take out the ragged looking edges from the flags.

Choose which one you want to copy to your computer, upload, and install.

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!  Logo1a
This one.

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!  Logo2a

Or, this one.

See any ragged edges now?
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!  Empty Re: Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Skul Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks. I had to edit it a little in Photoshop, as Microsoft Paint's jpeg compression is awful. I sharpened it up a bit and cleared away some compression artifacts. Now I've got a .png image with a transparent background, so if I need to change the forum's banner colour, or use the logo somewhere else, I can use that one image and not have to worry about changing its background.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!  Empty Re: Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Earl Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 pm

I've just taken another look at the logo. I can see the difference! It looks great! Very Happy Thanks be to Big Fat Heretic (previously known as "Fat Man" Wink ) and Skul. Good job, guys! Smile
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Skul wrote:Thanks. I had to edit it a little in Photoshop, as Microsoft Paint's jpeg compression is awful. I sharpened it up a bit and cleared away some compression artifacts. Now I've got a .png image with a transparent background, so if I need to change the forum's banner colour, or use the logo somewhere else, I can use that one image and not have to worry about changing its background.

Well, I saved the images as .bmp but when I uploaded them to host on my Photobucket, they got converted to .jpg instead.

I don't know if I can upload .png without them being converted to .jpg again.

The white backgrounds on .bmp images can be set to transparent, but unfortuntaly, if the get converted to .jpg during an upload, then the white backgrounds are not perfectly transparent.

So, I guess you had to do a little more re-editing of the images.

But, at least I was able to fix the ragged edges on the flags.

WOW! I've actually helped to build this forum!

It was a great pleasure, and an honor to be of service.

Earl wrote:I've just taken another look at the logo. I can see the difference! It looks great! Very Happy Thanks be to Big Fat Heretic (previously known as "Fat Man" Wink ) and Skul. Good job, guys! Smile

Thank you very much Earl. It was a pleasure to assist in any way I can.
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down