I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up!

+9
GodhandRomo
Big Fat Heretic
Sinead
The Imperialist
Mrs. Earl
Earl
Brigan
Skul
HugeFanOfBadReligion
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up! - Page 3 Empty Re: Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up!

Post by Earl Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Skul has just posted in Ray's forum as Cranium (dated Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:22 pm)!   Very Happy

Let's see what my post gets edited to. Wink Or maybe it'll get deleted? Who knows?

Hi, Ray! Remember me? Your old Forum Admin!

I've been tempted to sacrifice Mrs. Earl's account in Ray's forum, but I don't wanna because I want to still be able to lurk about his forum as a member.   Mr. Green!

By the way, my little popcorn-eating friends are quite pleased with the latest turn of events.

Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up! - Page 3 246468d1404798630-dollars-cents-coupon-scan-thread-smiley2eatingpopcorn

Last edited by Earl on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up! - Page 3 Empty Re: Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up!

Post by Skul Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Urgent! Sports Suck forum is back up! - Page 3 WNhJdTR
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

https://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinead Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Hmm... I'm getting the feeling he already knows about this forum and is following the threads on here about him and the old forum.

I think he just enjoys seeing the reactions to what he does - if people stopped talking about it on here and just ignored whatever he does from now on, he'd get bored soon enough and just give up and get on with his life.

Being honest, why else do you think he reactivated the old forum? As a way of welcoming everyone back? Of course not. He just enjoys stringing people along. Bit of a prickish thing to do really seeing as how he used to be on our side, but unfortunately, that's just that.

Oh, and if people are going to masquerade on the other forum under other usernames, I wouldn't go revealing who they are on here, for above reason.

I think we should just ignore him. No point trying to reason with him or get to the root of it. I think he's made it quite clear that he's not prepared to be reasonable any longer.

Also, those old members of the old forum who started posting again on his thread - I think he's just hacked their accounts and is just posting under their names to string us along even more. Bit of a coincidence they should show up again at this very moment, isn't it?
Sinead
Sinead

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Also Skull might want to check out Ray's latest post

And...... I'm IP banned.

Edit: I believe Sinead is right, he already knows Cranium is Skul.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:56 pm

I've evaded Ray's IP Ban and posted this

Brigandier wrote:Why are you IP banning me for? If I'm bothering, please just say so and I'll desist making these questions.

and If you want to know, I was a normal member, I'm not Earl nor skull.

but If you want to know a bit, from my point of view, They tried to maintain this forum to the best of their extent, even when there were only 2 people here, Hell I might be wrong. but they didn't certainly seem evil towards this site. They even made another "TEMPORARY FORUM" until they could contact you.

I believe this was a huge miscomunication, there's room for reconstruction, the Regular members are still somewhat around.

So... what do you say Ray? Let's cooldown a bit and just call it a big misunderstanding?

Also I apologize for my lack of English skills. English is not my native Language.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 am

He says I can post, then permanently IP bans me. Laughing

Ray/Bender "Logic? What's that?"

And it's a lie that I removed his admin privileges. Proof? I got proof. There's a post where he CLEARLY states he removed them himself. If I had removed his privileges, the forum would have been shut down ages ago.

Said post is here: http://www.sportssuck.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2586&start=15

Snippet:

Fat Man wrote:Good evening Ray.

I notice that your name use to appear in red text, but now on the board index it's in blue like the regular members.

I'm curious as to why that is.

Please let me know, or if it's none of my business I'll accept that as an answer as well.

Thank you.

Ray wrote:Why is my name Blue? Because I turned in my admin privileges (or whatever it was that I had) because I have twice --not once but TWICE --accidentally erased members' posts. 

Obviously I don't have a talent for that kind of thing.

And anyway, that frees me from the responsibility of maintaining a certain fair-minded reserve and now I can contribute freely like any other member.

Since I can't do this myself, someone will have to point this out to him. Of course, he'll likely go and delete those posts like the coward he is. Rolling Eyes
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigan Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:50 am

Just use a Proxy and evade it.
Brigan
Brigan
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:52 am

Which would you suggest? I've tried Megaproxy, but I can't get in through that, unless there's something I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Scratch that; found a good one.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 am

Thanks, Sinead, for continuing to post with us.  Smile

Hmm... I'm getting the feeling he already knows about this forum and is following the threads on here about him and the old forum.

I think he just enjoys seeing the reactions to what he does - if people stopped talking about it on here and just ignored whatever he does from now on, he'd get bored soon enough and just give up and get on with his life.

Being honest, why else do you think he reactivated the old forum? As a way of welcoming everyone back? Of course not. He just enjoys stringing people along. Bit of a prickish thing to do really seeing as how he used to be on our side, but unfortunately, that's just that.

Oh, and if people are going to masquerade on the other forum under other usernames, I wouldn't go revealing who they are on here, for above reason.

I think we should just ignore him. No point trying to reason with him or get to the root of it. I think he's made it quite clear that he's not prepared to be reasonable any longer.

Also, those old members of the old forum who started posting again on his thread - I think he's just hacked their accounts and is just posting under their names to string us along even more. Bit of a coincidence they should show up again at this very moment, isn't it?

I will admit that since this forum was set up, I've had a bit of fun myself commenting on the absurdities of Ray's reactions.  It's given me the opportunity to make some silly jokes.  But I'm beginning to get bored now.  I'm firmly convinced that Ray is lying.  I was online when all this nonsense began to happen.  The forum didn't collapse in one fell swoop.  It was taken down in stages.

Like I said, I'm beginning to get bored.  If this is all the result of a misunderstanding, why did Ray ignore all of my attempts to contact him?  In 2009 when I started posting messages at Ray's website (which includes the "Letters" column for the year), he and I communicated extensively by e-mails and PMs.  Yes, he gave me his e-mail address.  He even told me he had a Facebook account and approved me as a "Friend."  So, I sent him e-mail after e-mail after e-mail and one PM after another.  He soon de-"Friend"-ed me and banned me from his Facebook wall.  (Big deal!)  That doesn't sound like someone reacting out of a misunderstanding.  In 2013 I sent a message to the "Letters" column to present a rebuttal to an hysterical sports fan.  Guess what, Ray did not approve of my message, despite the fact that what I was doing was defending his website!

Yes, I'm beginning to get bored with his reactivated forum.  I've just about reached the point where I'm no longer interested in what "sports haters" have to say in Ray's forum or the Guestbook.  Ray is actually guilty of dividing a small community of people, something Samdaman Mad  could only dream of achieving.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 am

I thought I was going to get a dialogue going, but nope, he deletes the post and locks me out of the account and then deletes my next account ("Skulduggery", to reference both me, and his dishonesty) before I could post anything.

My post?

I wrote:Good to know I can post, despite my PERMANENT IP BAN. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, you don't remember removing your own admin rights? You even admitted to it: http://www.sportssuck.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2586&start=15

Just scroll down a bit, mate.

Also, I never changed any board settings, so if it crashed (which I doubt happened), then you must have done something wrong.

Regardless, why are you punishing Earl and Brigan, too? Why the hostility? It all seems to have started when Earl asked you about the site's possible demise. All of a sudden, we're like enemies. We'd done nothing but support this site, so I don't get it.

What's the real story? Why won't you talk to us?

Reasonable, I think.
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:55 am

Of course, it's reasonable; but Ray isn't (in addition to being a cowardly liar)!

Here's the latest, folks!

Brigan's gentle appeal has been completely ignored by Ray, and all of his posts have been deleted.  Skul's gentle message has also been ignored, and all of his posts have been deleted.  And that cowardly cad Ray Parker had the nerve to permanently ban my dear, sweet, highly intelligent, humorous wife (whose account I had been using to lurk around Ray's Zombie forum).  Looks like the show's over, folks!  Besides, I now find Ray to be a bore.

Edit:  Oh, I almost forgot!  Here's the text of Brigan's last, conciliatory post (dated Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 pm) before it was deleted by His Lordship Ray Parker.

Why are you IP banning me for? If I'm bothering, please just say so and I'll desist making these questions.

and If you want to know, I was a normal member, I'm not Earl nor skull.

but If you want to know a bit, from my point of view, They tried to maintain this forum to the best of their extent, even when there were only 2 people here, Hell I might be wrong. but they didn't certainly seem evil towards this site. They even made another "TEMPORARY FORUM" until they could contact you.

I believe this was a huge miscomunication, there's room for reconstruction, the Regular members are still somewhat around.

So... what do you say Ray? Let's cooldown a bit and just call it a big misunderstanding?

Also I apologize for my lack of English skills. English is not my native Language.

Ray Parker is a cowardly liar, indeed.  And a bore, too!

Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:15 am

Here's an interesting thought:  Whenever you hear of a member of an Internet forum being banned, what thought immediately comes to mind?  "He must have said something in one or more of his posts that violated the rules for that forum."  

Did either Skul or Brigan violate any of the rules for Ray's forum (none of which are substantial, anyway)?  Did either of them say anything that was even remotely offensive?  Of course, not!  Their posts were completely non-offensive.  

What offensive comments did I make?  Oh, I forgot.  I didn't even post!  I was just there saying nothing.  Oh, yeah, I was sending PMs to abitagirl and Millhouse for the purpose of calling their attention to how Ray was dealing with posts submitted by Brigan and Skul.  So, possibly I was banned for comments that I made privately.  I didn't know that privately made comments violated any forum rules.  Actually, they didn't.  I'd be disappointed to learn that abitagirl and/or Millhouse had run to Ray like a frightened little child saying, "Please help me, Ray!  Big mean Earl sent me two (or three) PMs!"

I urged both of them to contact me or Skul.  I even provided my landline and cell phone numbers.  But no response at all.  It was disappointing.

But hopefully they've been discouraged from continuing to post in Ray's forum by his dictatorial actions.  

Like I said, Ray is lower than a snail's belly.  Even Samdaman  Mad , as obnoxious as he was, had more honor than Ray and actually caused less damage to the small online community of "sports haters" than he did.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Earl wrote: . . . . . Like I said, Ray is lower than a snail's belly.

Well . . . actually . . . Ray is so low, he can walk under a door with a 10 gallon hat on!

Ray is so low, he'd have to stand on top of the Empire State Building to kiss a snakes ass!!!

Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by GodhandRomo Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Seems like a lot of interesting developments. Glad to see most of you guys are having fun messing with Ray on his "forum".
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Millhouse Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Sad state of affairs indeed.  I am watching the situation closely on the other end.  The one single thread everyone is discussing has been deleted except for two comments.  Nothing remains but Ray's replies to everyone whose original messages he deleted, which makes him look like he's talking to nobody.

The main reason I'm writing here is to notify you all that personal messages on that forum have been disabled.  At least for me they have.  I don't know if Ray has the power to read messages as his reasoning for shutting them down, but that possible, specific violation of personal privacy is why I'm speaking out here.

I don't pretend to know Ray from a can of paint, because I don't, but this is not a good way to start off a relaunch of the original forum, by just banning anyone that remotely disagrees with you.  I've moderated tons of forums, and from experience alone I can say that attitude typically gets you branded a dick, and people leave your constituency, never to return.

This forum, which is not attached to the sportssuck.org page, will unfortunately not attract people from the other page, though.  That is my primary concern about this realm.  This place will be little more than a refuge for the former active members of the old forum if you can't get the word out.  Does it show up on google search?

I would also recommend you not make the banner look like his page, Earl and Skul, if you intend to fly solo with the same topic but a different board.  Your decision, though.

And Earl, I understand you're frustrated at why someone would do something unkind to you for no good reason, but that is unfortunately the way of the internet.  I stay guarded behind my online persona because I've been burned by people in this manner so many times, it's not even funny.  You can give people the benefit of the doubt, but always exercise caution and be realistic that if you don't know them personally, you have to be ready to take a loss.

I will make no further comments about this matter.  I've always been in this group as a casual but sincere contributor.  And this drama is far from what we should be doing, what we all came together to do in the first place.

The saddest part of this division is that the Sports Suck forum was a very isolated small page to begin with, and now it's been divided further.

Millhouse
Millhouse
Millhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey Millhouse!!!

Good to see ya again!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skul Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi, Millhouse! Good to hear from you again! Smile

I believe Ray definitely is reading this forum (hi, Raymond!) I mean, why else would he disable PMs unless he knew they were being sent? He can't read them, as they are completely private for the user. That is, unless they choose to post their contents.

Go ahead and continue talking to yourself, Ray. Just remember that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. Razz
Skul
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Skul wrote:Hi, Millhouse! Good to hear from you again! Smile

I believe Ray definitely is reading this forum (hi, Raymond!) I mean, why else would he disable PMs unless he knew they were being sent? He can't read them, as they are completely private for the user. That is, unless they choose to post their contents.

Go ahead and continue talking to yourself, Ray. Just remember that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. Razz

Well . . . Ray is a Tea Party Republican, and he probably talks to chairs, and he's become so delusional that he hears chairs talking back to him!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by greencom Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:02 am

Hi guys,
This seems like a scary place lately, I guess I've been away too long.
greencom
greencom

Back to top Go down

Post by Millhouse Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:46 am

The private messages on the original forum are back up. Just for anyone's information.
Millhouse
Millhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinead Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm

He is totally pathetic, isn't he. What does he stand to gain from doing any of this?

Still, if his forum does get any new members who choose to stick around (unlikely), we can just send them a link to this thread so they can see just what a weirdo he is.

That'll do for his "forum" I'm sure. (Not much of a forum if he's the only one allowed to post, from what I can see!)
Sinead
Sinead

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Sinead wrote:He is totally pathetic, isn't he. What does he stand to gain from doing any of this?

Still, if his forum does get any new members who choose to stick around (unlikely), we can just send them a link to this thread so they can see just what a weirdo he is.

That'll do for his "forum" I'm sure. (Not much of a forum if he's the only one allowed to post, from what I can see!)

Yeah, that really is pathetic, if he's the only one posting while deleting other member posts.

So, he's just talking to himself, or just masturbating with his keyboard!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Greetings, Millhouse!  Delighted to hear from you!   Very Happy

I hope you will get to read this.  I've been extremely busy the last few days.  Mrs. Earl is now blind, which means that I have to perform some of the household chores such as grocery shopping.  Besides, since I am a Christian, Sundays are a busy day for both of us.  Yesterday, because of my serious health problem, I was too depressed to post at any website.

You wrote:This forum, which is not attached to the sportssuck.org page, will unfortunately not attract people from the other page, though.  That is my primary concern about this realm.  This place will be little more than a refuge for the former active members of the old forum if you can't get the word out.  Does it show up on google search?

I would also recommend you not make the banner look like his page, Earl and Skul, if you intend to fly solo with the same topic but a different board.  Your decision, though.

Excellent points!  Regarding the logo that was brought to this forum from Ray's website, perhaps it should be replaced by a logo of our own making so we don't appear to be a mere offshoot of Ray's website.  In fact, I think it's a great idea!

You wrote:And Earl, I understand you're frustrated at why someone would do something unkind to you for no good reason, but that is unfortunately the way of the internet.  I stay guarded behind my online persona because I've been burned by people in this manner so many times, it's not even funny.  You can give people the benefit of the doubt, but always exercise caution and be realistic that if you don't know them personally, you have to be ready to take a loss.

I appreciate your kind words.  Smile  Oh, I know how mean-spirited and cruel others can be in Internet forums.  (Just take a look at A2K!   Laughing  )  Anonymity brings out the worst in us if we're not careful or simply don't care.

You wrote:The saddest part of this division is that the Sports Suck forum was a very isolated small page to begin with, and now it's been divided further.

How true that is!   Neutral  Wink

The events last Friday certainly were exciting.  I saw Ray edit posts of others to the point of outright falsification.  I saw him tell outright lies as he posted.  Truly amazing!

I have a theory as to why Ray banned Skul and me.  Without going into a lot of detail, I once invited a (now former) Montana State football player named Andy Austin to post in the old forum.  (Incidentally, Andy has proven himself to be a nice guy on more than one occasion.)  The active forum members at that time were divided into two almost evenly split groups.  Ray was extremely cold to Andy without cause; I defended Andy.  In another thread where another member whose username shall not be mentioned made a particularly scurrilous false change against Andy, I strenuously objected; and Skull subjected the offending member to a temporary ban.  I don't think my and Skul's actions went over very well with Ray.  I guess I could be wrong, but I'm firmly convinced the real reason Ray banned Skul and me is because we don't hate athletes as a group.  We object to individual athletes who are jerks or thugs, but that goes without saying.  Neither of us hates a guy just because he partifcipates in a sport.  Since I grew up under Jim Crow and saw how unjust and evil it was, I resolved to never have bigoted attitudes towards any group of people.

I'm not a bigot like you, Ray.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by ThinWhiteDuke Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 pm

My reaction to Ray:

At least we have this forum.
ThinWhiteDuke
ThinWhiteDuke
Familiar Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 pm

Unlike Ray, we also have integrity in the matter.

By the way, Skul continues to post the following message in Ray's "new" forum (in The Imperialist's topic "The Resurrection"):

Good to know I can post, despite my PERMANENT IP BAN. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, you don't remember removing your own admin rights? You even admitted to it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2586&start=15

Just scroll down a bit, mate.

Also, I never changed any board settings, so if it crashed (which I doubt happened), then you must have done something wrong.

Regardless, why are you punishing Earl and Brigan, too? Why the hostility? It all seems to have started when Earl asked you about the site's possible demise. All of a sudden, we're like enemies. We'd done nothing but support this site, so I don't get it.

What's the real story? Why won't you talk to us?

So far, he's posted this message twice, this time as "Yar."   Smile  Cool
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next