I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss!

3 posters

Go down

Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss! Empty Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss!

Post by Big Fat Heretic Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:47 am

OK, this topic is about whether or not the Internet might die.

And here are my rules for this topic.

1.) I expect people to give their opinions on whether or not the Internet might die.

2.) I expect more than just simple little retarded yes or no answers.

3.) Because of freedom of speech, I won't object to anyone simply posting a yes or no answer. But, I do expect more!

4.) Freedom of speech does give you a right to post a simple yes or no answer.

5.) Freedom of speech also gives me a right to call you out on your retardation and your BULLSHIT!!!

6.) In addition to just giving simple yes or no answers, I expect opinions as to how and/or why. I expect reasoning!!!

7.) I don't care if anybody insults me. I don't care if you think I'm a prick! I am a prick anyway, and proud of it!

8.) I won't object if a comment strays a little off topic, or if you might disagree on something. Opinions are allowed!!!

9.) I'll put up with poor grammar and spelling errors. But at least, try not to sound like a complete idiot! Of course, I can't stop anyone from acing like an idiot. You do have the freedom to be stupid! But you should also allow other people the right to not be stupid. So, come in here acting stupid, I will cuss you up one side and down the other. That is also my right! So, you have a right to be a fucking retard, and I have the right to call you out if you're a retard!  

Now, my questions are . . . . .

Is this forum dead? If so, then why? If not, then why not?

If this forum dies, what do you think might be the cause?

Do you think other favorite websites might also die?

If so, then in your opinion, what might be the reason?

If not, then what might be the reason?

~ ~ ~ Come, let us reason together. ~ ~ ~

Let us discuss!

And discus means to have a discussion, and express opinions and reasons, how and why, and not just giving a simple-minded fucking retarded yes or no answer. Time to leave kindergarten!!!

Let us opine!!!

I'll start by quoting from and article concerning Internet freedom.

Public Knowledge

Public Knowledge

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications equally, regardless of the source, without favoring or blocking particular online services or websites. It is the principle that the company that connects you to the internet does not get to control what you do on the internet.

Net neutrality rules were established by the FCC in their 2010 Open Internet Order. These rules prevent Internet Service Providers (ISPs) like Verizon from blocking or discriminating against certain online services.

The FCC enacted the Open Internet Order in 2010 in order to prevent large telecommunications firms like Verizon and Comcast from stifling competition and innovation online. The agency wrote in the Order that the net neutrality rules were intended to "preserve the Internet as an open platform enabling consumer choice, freedom of expression, end-user control, competition, and the freedom to innovate without permission."

Without net neutrality rules in place, ISPs can prevent users from visiting some websites, provide slower speeds for services like Netflix and Hulu, or even redirect users from one website to a competing website. Net neutrality rules prevent this by requiring ISPs to connect users to all lawful content on the internet equally, without giving preferential treatment to certain sites or services.

In the absence of net neutrality, companies can buy priority access to ISP customers. Larger, wealthier companies like Google or Facebook can pay ISPs to provide faster, more reliable access to their websites than to potential competitors. This could deter innovative start-up services that are unable to purchase priority access from the ISPs. Also, if ISPs can charge online services to connect to consumers, consumers would ultimately bear these additional costs (for example, on their monthly Netflix bill or in the cost of products from a local online store).

In January 2014, as a result of a Verizon lawsuit, the DC District Court struck down the FCC’s net neutrality rules. While the Court made clear that the FCC has authority over internet access generally, it found that the open internet rules specifically were built on a flawed legal foundation. The decision left it open for the FCC to decide what to do next to reestablish net neutrality.

In April 2014, press reports leaked that the FCC had new net neutrality proposal. The proposal reportedly did prevent ISPs from blocking or discriminating against websites, but as part of the new rules, ISPs would be able to charge companies for preferential treatment if they deemed it "commercially reasonable". The discriminatory commercial reasonableness standard opened up the internet to have fast lanes for some online services and slow lanes for others, allowing ISPs to impose a new price of entry for online innovation. This leaked proposal resulted in significant public outcry from the public, policymakers, and members of the media.

At the FCC's Open Meeting in May 2014, the Commission introduced their proposal for net neutrality rules, which discuss the problems that occur when ISPs get to choose winners and losers online, but still allow for fast lanes and slow lanes online, and do not go far enough to establish meaningful net neutrality. The FCC accepted a first round of public comments through July 18, 2014 and a second round of public comments through September 10, 2014.

PK is fighting for Title II reclassification of internet to a telecommunications service, instead of the outdated current classification of information service. This reclassification is the only way forward for FCC to have the authority to enforce net neutrality rules, which will allow customers to have a reasonable expectation of consistent, reliable, and nondiscriminatory services.

In our comments to the FCC, we explain why the Commission must protect a single, open, and neutral internet.  That means that it should not create special wireless internet rules that turn wireless into a second class experience, especially because wireless connections disproportionately serve as the only link between traditionally under-served communities and the internet.

We also explain why the  Commission’s current proposed rules are so problematic.  By relying on its Section 706 authority, the Commission is forced to choose between two options: create strong open internet rules that are likely to be struck down in court, or settle for weak net neutrality rules that may survive court challenge but will not actually protect an open internet.  Neither of these options will work. That is why relying on Title II authority is so important.

The comments also highlight the important role that data caps play in the net neutrality debate.  Fast lanes and slow lanes are one way to break the open internet, but capped lanes and uncapped lanes can achieve the same result.  We have already seen Comcast, AT&T, and T-Mobile use data caps to insert themselves as gatekeepers of the internet.  It is important for the FCC to recognize that discrimination by cap can be just as problematic as discrimination by speed.

OK, what I'm going to say now, is NOT IRRELEVANT!!!

I don't have Cable TV with Time Warner anymore, because they had been raising the cost every month. My monthly bills kept getting higher and higher. So, I shit-canned my Time Warner Cable TV!!!

I get my telephone service and my broadband Internet connection through AT&T U-VERSE.

Since I don't have TV anymore, then, for example: in order to watch the new COSMOS - Spacetime Odyssey by Niel deGrasse Tyson, I had to go to the website at HULU where I can see many other science videos as well.

Now, if some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have their way, for example: if HULU was competing with AT&T, then, my ISP would be able to block my access to HULU and then, I would not be able to watch any of my favorite science videos.

I WOULD BE CENSORED!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!

Also . . . I have my own web blog on the internet where I have posted some articles on politics, and also an article of my own observations of the total lunar eclipse back in April 15,2014 and another article on Astronomy, and another article on Geology, and a couple of articles debunking Creationism and Noah's Ark, and that it never actually existed! The Ark was supposedly to have been about 450 feet long. The Wyoming was the largest wooden ship ever built, about 150 feet shorter than the non-existent Noah's Ark. The Wyoming broke up and sank with all hands on board, and there were no survivors. Therefore, Noah's Ark could NEVER have actually existed. It was only just a fairy tale.

NO, this is NOT irrelevant!!!

Because . . . my own web blog is an example of the type of websites that might get blocked, censored, and taken down, just because someone might not approve of the content.

Oh no! We must never debunk religion!!! Right???

But, I'm not just worried about my own web site. I'm also concerned about anti-sports forums like this one.

Who knows? The NFL, National Football League, for example: might be offended by our content, and have the ability to block, censor, and have this forum taken down. Then, this forum will die!

But, there is more that might happen.

I subscribe to the Sierra Club online, and I sign petitions online and make donations. We are very concerned about the environment, and the damage that is being done. I also subscribe to Union of Concerned Scientist, and I make a monthly donation, and sign their petitions. We are concerned about how the continued burning of fossil fuels are contributing to climate change and global warming. And that is a scientific FACT!!!

OK, if some big industrial corporations have their way, the ones who are responsible for destroying our environment, they might have the ability to block access to, censor, and have shut down, the above mentioned websites.

This would mean, that we would not be able to comment and openly criticize the big industrial corporations, professional sports, and right-wing religious fundamentalism, and conservative politics in general.

We would have no voice anymore. We would be told to shut the fuck up!!!

Also . . . we would not be able to put up online petitions for anyone to sign, and we would not have websites that connect our phones to our representatives where we can leave voice mails.

This sort of thing is going on in some countries over over-seas right now, China, being a prime example.

In the meantime . . . . .

I continue to sign petitions, and make phone calls leaving voice mails to my representatives, and also voice mails to the FCC requesting that Tom Wheeler would support Title II for Net Neutrality. But Tom Wheeler continues to drag his feet concerning this issue.  

OK, more examples:

On my own YouTube channel, I now have over 340 Playlists, and on one of my Playlists, I have ALL 13 EPISODES of Carl Sagan's COSMOS.

Oh! But guess what!!!

Those videos are now blocked for viewers here in the USA. So, only people over-seas can watch them.

Yeah! Back in 2011 when I was still able to watch those videos on YouTube, it was a good thing that I had the foresight to download and save each and every one of those hour-long episodes of COSMOS to my own computer. So, I get to celebrate Carl Sagan day every November 9th by watching them with my REAL PLAYER, because, I saved them to my computer's hard drive. HA! HA! HA!

And of course, that Playlist is still up on my channel so that people living outside the USA can still watch them.

Yes, we are already beginning to lose some of our basic freedoms on the Internet.

Some of my favorite YouTube channels have been taken down, atheistic or agnostic channels, because some right-wing Christian cry-babies were offended. AW! The poor babies!!! Boo hoo!!!

So, in answer to the question, as to whether of not this forum is dead, I go beyond a mere simple-minded yes or no answer, to giving my opinions and my reasons for why this website forum, AND ALSO, why other websites might die!

And so . . . . . to all of YOU infantile little retards out there (YOU know who YOU are) that come into my topic, life dose not always yield to simple yes or no answers.

You all need to . . . . . GROW THE FUCK UP!!!

In the meantime . . . . . feel free to post your opinions, even insult me if you like, and let's see how stupid you can get!

And, I will call you out on it!

I can hardly wait!

Last edited by Big Fat Heretic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss! Empty Re: Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss!

Post by Earl Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Big Fat Heretic wrote:Let's discus!

Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss! Sh-T60-red-super-discus-low-spin

Big Fat Heretic, you should be ashamed of yourself!  Evil or Very Mad This forum is not the place to post about track and field!

Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss! Empty Re: Is the Internet going to die? Are Republicans, religion, and sports going to kill the Internet? Let's discuss!

Post by GodhandRomo Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:10 am

BIG FAT HERETIC LIKE SPORTS DISCUS? HAHAHAHA THAT'S A SPORT!!!
GodhandRomo
GodhandRomo
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down