I HATE SPORTS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team!

2 posters

Go down

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team! Empty Steubenville rapist is back on the football team!

Post by Earl Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:03 am

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2014/08/11/steubenville-rapist-is-back-on-the-football-team/

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team
Posted on Monday, August 11 at 12:17pm | By Vlae Kershner

WTRF 7 News Sports Weather – Wheeling Steubenville

One of the two Steubenville (Ohio) football players convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl at a party two years ago is back on the football team, according to WTRF-TV.

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team! Malik_richmond-020941

Ma’lik Richmond, a wide receiver who served a one-year sentence in a juvenile facility after a nationally watched trial, was allowed to return even though he must register as a sex offender for 20 years. He is shown with the other seniors and in a closeup in a team photo on the Big Red fan site.

The other player convicted and ringleader of the attacks, quarterback Trent Mays, remains in detention. The victim graduated from a neighboring high school in June.

Richmond’s return has already caused some calls for the resignation of longtime coach Reno Saccoccia and sarcastic outrage about the priorities in the football-obsessed town.

So what that a young woman’s life is ruined? What matters is that her rapist is given another shot at football. http://t.co/MuM1NkS0uV

— Adam Peck (@AdamReports) August 11, 2014

@MichelleLMcKee Steubenville’s rape numbers were abysmally low last year. Perhaps they can rebuild, starting with this talent addition.

— Marc J. Randazza (@marcorandazza) August 11, 2014
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team! Empty Re: Steubenville rapist is back on the football team!

Post by Earl Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:28 am

Edit:  The video mentioned by Big Fat Heretic (in the very next post) has been deleted.

Last edited by Earl on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Steubenville rapist is back on the football team! Empty Re: Steubenville rapist is back on the football team!

Post by Big Fat Heretic Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:54 am

Good evening Earl:

So, some drooling moronic jock only gets one year in Juvenile Detention for rape???

When I was 13 years old, going to school in Truth Or Consequence, New Mexico, I got a three year suspension from school just for telling my PE coach to go to Hell.

So, I guess, that means I'm worse than a rapist! Eh?

And Earl . . . . .

With all due respect, I know the video you posted is only a satire.

But, I found it funny . . . NOT!!!

I was not amused!
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:16 am

To tell you the truth, I haven't watched the video.  I knew The Onion was satirical.  So, I assumed the video would be okay; and I didn't bother to watch it.  Perhaps I should have watched it.  (You do know it was fake, don't you?)  Anyway, I'm glad you called my attention to the offensiveness of the video.  Rape is not a laughing matter to me.  When I was in my late teens, I got sick and tired of hearing guys brag about seducing young women by lying to them with false professions of love.  Today the rape culture in this country wearies me.  Most rapes aren't even reported.  So, if the video is offensive, I offer my apologies.  I'll check it out tomorrow.  Oh, never mind.  I'll delete it now and not bother watching it.  On the other hand, it was being used in a DU topic (on this particular news item, as a matter of fact) by a member who obviously objected to "jock privilege" being extended to cover the crime of rape.  No matter.  I'm deleting the video now.
Earl
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:16 am

Earl wrote:To tell you the truth, I haven't watched the video.  I knew The Onion was satirical.  So, I assumed the video would be okay; and I didn't bother to watch it.  Perhaps I should have watched it.  (You do know it was fake, don't you?)  Anyway, I'm glad you called my attention to the offensiveness of the video.  

Yes, I do know the video was a fake, only a satire or a parody. I know that.

But, sometime, parody or satire is not always funny.

Thanks to our stupid moronic Republican party, America has become a parody of itself.

The Onion and Mad Magazine might even fold and go belly up, because it's very hard to do a parody of a parody, which America has become.
Big Fat Heretic
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down