Nerds are Dangerous

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm

I am here to bring forth a rather simple point: that nerds are dangerous people, and are often much worse than people who like sports.

Take a look at very mass murderer. They were outcasts of society, the nerds. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris were both nerds. They were rejects on the fringes of society and they had a distaste for sports. Then there is Cho, the guy who committed the Virginia Tech Massacre. He, too, was a nerd on the fringe of society. A social reject who decided to shoot and murder a bunch of normal, loving people. There is Anders Breivik, the sick man who murdered scores of children. He, too, was a nerd reject and had little time for sports. There was the movie theater shooting in Aurora committed by James Holmes. He was far from the popular jock sports fan. He was just like the rest of the mass murderers: a social reject nerd who had a continued and prolonged distaste for humanity. There is also the sick fuck who murdered all the children in Sandy Hook. Another social reject killing innocent people.

And now, most recently, there was the murderer in Isla Vista who killed 6 people. In his Mannifesto, he had ramblings of how much he had the popular group and how they should have bowed down to him because he's superior. To me, this really echos the Nerd Mentality, which is "I'm better than all these people". This young man believed he was entitled to everything. He believed he was entitled to any woman's affection simply because he had a nice BMW and he "dressed well". He believed he was mentally superior and that meant people should love and respect him. He had the typical nerd arrogance, the "I'm superior and much better than the mentally inferior popular people". The problem with this man, though, was that he was just a nerdy reject and aloof. He never actually ASKED a woman out; he just wanted them to approach him.

If you ready this kid's mannifesto, it echos a lot of the sentiment that nerds have. They have this air of superiority and arrogance around them. They think that they are "above" sports, or popular culture, or whatever the rest of society likes. They then look down upon the common masses. And this ultimately leads to mass shootings and killings.

These mass killings by nerds are just way too common. Personally, I think any socially awkward reject should be kept on a watchlist and monitored closely, because by doing so we can prevent another massacre and save lives.
pa
So, say what you want about jocks and popular people. I simply think the it's the nerds who are mentally inferior, as they are simply incapable of connecting with regular human beings. Communication between your fellow man is probably the most important thing for the advancement of the human race. And the nerds are doing their damndest to set us back.
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Earl on Fri May 30, 2014 2:29 pm

According to my own understanding of "nerds," your argument seems to fail.  One of the characteristics of nerds is that they excel academically.  As far as I know, none of the killers you've mentioned happen to fall in that category.  

Actually, we owe a lot to nerds.  They have provided most of our technological comforts and conveniences, not to mention advances in the field of medicine.  You end your argument with a contradictory claim that nerds are mentally inferior, which clashes with the reality of the achievements I've just referenced.

For the record, I have not, and have never been, a nerd.  When I was an adolescent, I did not deserve the honor of being categorized as one because my study habits were poor.  So, to my shame, I did not excel academically.  

I've been working out at a local health club for about six years and have spent a small fortune on personal trainers in bodybuilding.  Two of my closest friends played football in high school, and one of them played football at the university where he earned his degree in sociology.  So, that contradicts the stereotype of guys who would support this forum.

Sure, some individual nerds may feel they're superior to others.  That is unfortunate.  But I dare say this trait is as old as the human race.  Certainly, many centuries before there were any nerds, so to speak.  In fact, it can be found among certain individuals in just about all groups of people.  For example, white supremacists feel superior to blacks and other nonwhite people simply on the basis of their birth.  Athleticism has often been used as a yardstick of masculinity.  Young boys who have no interest in sports are often deemed to be effeminate (i.e., inferior).  So, bullying has often been a problem for them in mandatory P.E. classes and other social situations.  

By the way, I can say without hesitation that I have never felt superior to anyone.  As far as your particular issue is concerned, I have never felt inferior to school athletes. (Edit: In the previous sentence, I meant to use the word "superior" instead of "inferior.")  (I prefer to not use the term "jock.")  I had the opposite problem as I was growing up.  

Instead of being inclined to demonize a group of people, try to view them as individuals.  As I have learned from my own personal experience, it will give you peace of mind.

If you happen be a one-post wonder, you're not likely to read this post.  But if you do continue to post in this forum, please read the Forum Rules.  They will be enforced.


Last edited by Earl on Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
avatar
Earl
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 67
Location : somewhere in space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Fri May 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Your understanding of nerd my be different than mine. While some may be intelligent, nerds are those who are unable to connect with the mainstream. The mainstream, which includes sports culture.

All of these nerds likely never played sports. Sports foster a connection with people. All these killers were distant and disconnected from fellow humans. If they were involved in sports, they would have been able to get along with others and they would have learned how to connect. Unfortunately, these killers hated sports and they were instead distant. This distance caused murders.

And when I say they are mentally inferior, I mean they are mentally inferior in that nerds likely suffer some type of disorder. Be it Aspergers, high functioning autism, or something else that nerds commonly have. These disorders are directly related to their disconnect with humanity, and they are responsible for the killings. And THAT is why I think nerds should be on a watchlist. They have a high propensity to commit such heinous acts.

Lastly, you mention all the wonderful things that nerds have invented. You know what else they've done? They're created atomic bombs. They've created explosive rockets, killer drones, land mines, cruise missiles, torpedos, and many, countless other things that are responsible for human pain and suffering. It's easy to only think about the good things in the comfort of your safe home in suburbia, but the fact is, many of these inventions are been a hindrance to society
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Mrs. Earl on Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Moderators Note:  Mrs. Earl is, indeed, Earl's beloved wife of 30-plus years.

If it is true that social misfits created the atom bomb, explosive rockets, killer drones, land mines, cruise missiles, torpedoes, is it also not true that the people who both ordered the use of these implements of destruction and used them were, for the most part, athletes, ex-athletes, and sports fans?  Therefore, by your logic, all of mankind needs to be put on a watch list.  

By the way, where did you get the right to redefine “nerd”?
avatar
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : next to Earl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Is that seriously the argument you have? Really? You are giving an extremely gross over-simplification to a very complex issue right here. There is absolutely zero relation to being a sports fan and active military participation. For the longest time, military participation has been involuntary and people from all walks of life were forced to join. This means that jocks, nerds, city slickers, country boys, suburbanites, and every walk of life imaginable engaged in military participation. Saying that they were athletes or ex-athletes "for the most part" is reprehensible and disrespectful to all those who died while partaking in an involuntary draft.

Even in the present day where all American military participation is voluntary, I can assure you as a young person that there are still people who join the military who have no interest in sports. One of my best buddies joined the army reserves and he never really gave a hoot about sports. No doubt, there are indeed sports fans who do join. But they still aren't sports fans "for the most part" as you so over simplify it.

I'm also not "redefining" the word. First and foremost, words constantly change meaning, depending on social and contextual issues such as socioeconomic status, geography, and time in which it is being used. I'll reveal myself as a millenial from California, so "nerd" to me my mean something different to you, as your likely grew up at a different time, in a different place, and potentially even a different socioeconomic condition than me.

Nevertheless, take a look at what dictionary.com defines nerd:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nerd?s=t

1. a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person
2. an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.


So, a reputable source even has a third example that neither of us necessarily use: a nerd is actually somebody stupid. I, however, see it more as the second example: somebody intelligent but single-minded. To me, single-minded in the sense that they only care about themselves or one particular thing, and they lack human compassion
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Earl on Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 pm

You raise the issue of compassion.  This is a human trait that some regard as "feminine," which is utter nonsense.  Compassion, like cruelty, is a human trait not associated with one gender or the other.

You associate lack of compassion with nerds as if the world of sports has always brimmed over with that trait.  I beg to differ.  I saw no compassion at all in any of the sports-exclusive mandatory P.E. classes that were forced upon me and other nonathletic guys when I was in elementary school and junior high.  No fitness programs were offered to the boys who needed them the most.  Indeed, I didn't even know what exercise programs were because the coaches never even mentioned them.  There was not even any instruction in the sports themselves, and the coaches viewed nonathletic boys with either indifference or outright contempt.  I'm not exaggerating, and my experience was not an aberration.  Every school day I dreaded the period when I had P.E. because all I learned to expect was the likelihood of being humiliated or bullied.  

Just do Google searches on "phys ed bullying" and "p.e. bullying" and see how many pages listing links are accessed.  Yes, I realize in most instances the veracity of these messages cannot be verified; but they can't all be false.  Many of them have the ring of truth.  Bullying has long been a problem in mandatory boys' P.E., a class that has actually been useless to nonathletic boys.  Just so I won't be misunderstood, I don't believe there is an intrinsic connection between school sports and bullying.  But there is a culture of bullying.  Culture can be changed, but the change usually has to take place over a period of years.  Sometimes for many years.

I've been amazed at the stark difference between the mandatory P.E. experience of my youth and my ongoing health club experience today.  I get more exercise in a single workout session with my personal trainer than I ever did in an entire year of mandatory P.E.  Well, I did "work up a sweat" in the sense of being anxious about experiencing the latest humiliation and/or bullying; but needless to say, that did nothing to encourage me to be physically active.  

I appreciate and respect your great love for sports, but some of us simply have never been interested in them.  That doesn't mean we necessarily look down on those who do.  As I said, I certainly don't.  I have no interest in opera.  That doesn't mean I hate it or disparage those who love it.  I'm just not interested in it as a matter of personal preference.  

To the contrary, my own personal observation over a period of decades has been that boys who have no interest in sports have not become arrogant about their preference, but have been made to feel inferior by the culture.  Boys who have no interest in sports are said to be sissies, wimps, etc.  Even some so-called mental health experts today tell parents that boys who have no interest in sports should be considered as possibly having homosexual tendencies, a false accusation that still carries weight in some communities today.

Just to give you an idea as to how severe the bullying of nonathletic boys in mandatory P.E. can be, I'll mention the experience of an Englishman with whom I corresponded with extensively over a few years before he gave up on the Internet entirely (which is understandable).  He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met online.  His P.E. classes were the same as mine, only considerably worse.  Of course, no exercise programs were provided in any of his P.E. classes, either.  Just like mine.  Since he was scrawny, he would have benefited from bodybuilding; but fitness programs were not even included in the curriculum -- only sports, nothing else.

He was forced to participate in team games, which was an absolutely miserable situation for him (as it was for me).  One day at school, his P.E. class was divided into two teams for a game of cricket -- never mind that he had never had any interest in the sport and had therefore not developed any of the skills needed in order to play the game.  Remember, he had no choice.  He would have preferred to be somewhere else.  

When his team lost, one of the athletic classmates on his team (who, if I remember correctly, would become a professional rugby player) blamed him for their loss and walked up to him and smashed his face with a cricket bat, breaking his nose.  This punk was merely suspended from school for a few days, which undoubtedly seemed like a holiday to him.  When he returned to school, he showed just how remorseful he was by shoving my friend into a locker.  The whole incident was treated with a permissive "boys will be boys" attitude as if it had been no big deal, despite the fact that my friend had been assaulted and suffered a serious physical injury.  Not much of the compassion you speak of.  If someone walked up to you and smashed your face with, say, a baseball bat, you would see the thug prosecuted for assault.

_________________
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
avatar
Earl
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 67
Location : somewhere in space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Mrs. Earl on Sat May 31, 2014 12:57 am

orson wrote:Is that seriously the argument you have? Really? You are giving an extremely gross over-simplification to a very complex issue right here.

Really?  This from the guy who said

orson wrote:I am here to bring forth a rather simple point: that nerds are dangerous people, and are often much worse than people who like sports.

and then who later said

orson wrote:Lastly, you mention all the wonderful things that nerds have invented. You know what else they've done? They're created atomic bombs. They've created explosive rockets, killer drones, land mines, cruise missiles, torpedos, and many, countless other things that are responsible for human pain and suffering.

Is this not a gross slander of scientists and inventors everywhere?  

For the record, I was not being disrespectful to any veteran, dead or alive, regardless of whether he was drafted or volunteered.  I know far more veterans than you do, and I am very grateful for the sacrifices they have made.  I do not fault soldiers for using any tools they are given to defend themselves and the rest of the country.   However, it does seem to me that you are criticizing these soldiers by talking about their use of these weapons causing “human pain and suffering.”

If you read my post, you will see that I made a conditional statement based upon your erroneous statement that social misfits are responsible for all the destructive devices you mentioned.  I was trying to write a conclusion that was as hyperbolic and ridiculous as your hypothesis.  In case you weren’t paying attention when you studied conditional statements in school, let me remind you that the conclusion of a conditional statement only has to be true when the hypothesis of the conditional statement is true.  The hypothesis of my conditional statement was your erroneous assertion that social misfits created all those lethal weapons.  Do you really believe social misfits can work together to create anything?  

I find it interesting that after asserting that the way to cause someone to cease being a social misfit is to force them to participate in sports, you then dredge up a friend who doesn’t like sports and say, “See, I wasn’t saying that people need to like sports.”  Which is it?  Are sports a cure-all for society’s ills, or do they have absolutely nothing to do with a person’s character one way or the other?
avatar
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : next to Earl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 am

Earl: I agree that mandatory PE makes absolutely no sense and it does not belong in public schools. They have nothing to do with higher learning, and they defeat the purpose of education. I also acknowledge that PE and sports bring out higher levels of testosterone in people, especially males. This also will lead to bullying, which is definitely unacceptable. These bullies need to be dealt with accordingly.

Nevertheless, the acts of these bullies are really put into perspective when you see the atrocious acts that nerds commit. Killing scores of people becomes the real issue and being shoved into a locker to pushed down on the pavement becomes less important. Does this mean we should ignore bullying? Of course not. But we need to focus more on the real issues, and that is these heinous acts which nerds commit.




Mrs Earl: You immediately set up a strawman argument. To clear things up: Of fucking course I'm not criticizing soldiers to use the tools and means provided to them in order to survive. I support them because there are enemies who would do the same to them and would kill them the instant they were given the chance. Our soldiers have every right to defend themselves.

Another strawman by you: I never said that the only way to cease being a social misfit and murder was to join sports. There are plenty of well adjusted people who don't care for sports, including you and your husband and my friend. But for people who begin to show the warning signs of being a mass murderer (and there are always warning signs before it happens), joining sports can really help both alleviate stress and give a feeling of connection and self-worth.

I wouldn't expect sports haters such as yourselves this board to understand. But sports help many people. They bring people together when applied properly. They help the healing process of people who have had families die. They help lonely people feel accepted. They increase confidence (there have been studies that demonstrate that sports participation leads to increased self-esteem).

I just don't see how this forum can be "dedicated to the eradication of sports" when it does so many wonderful things for people. It gives many wonderful outlets and brings happiness to so many people.

So to answer your extremely loaded question: It's neither a cure-all for society's ills nor does it have nothing to do with a person's character. The reality is that it helps many people who don't have much else and use it for companionship, belonging, and hell, even a little bit of FUN! So let me ask you a very loaded question right back at ya: Are you really dedicated to the eradication of sports and want to take away the fun and companionship from all these people who rely on sports in order make their lives bearable?
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Earl on Sat May 31, 2014 5:17 am

Well, we agree on something!   Smile  Cool  What's frustrating about all this is that I do believe in physical exercise.  For example, strenuous exercise can prevent the onset of diabetes.  There is an excellent P.E. program called PE4Life that was devised by a coach named Phil Lawlor (someone for whom I have great admiration), who realized that nonathletic students were being cheated by the traditional "sports only" approach.  If mandatory P.E. had actually promoted physical fitness when I was a boy, I would be one of the biggest proponents of mandatory P.E. today since I obviously would have benefited from it; but that was never what P.E. was about.  You say that some people gain self-confidence from participating in a sport.  That is true.  I've never denied it.  Since I took up bodybuilding late in life, I've gained self-confidence I never had before.  I could have used that self-confidence when I was a teenager, a time in my life when I had none.  But building self-confidence in nonathletic boys was never a priority item for the phys ed establishment.  Their priorities were set by the sports community, who clearly did not care what indignities nonathletic boys were forced to endure.  I would have had no problem with "sports only" P.E. as an optional class.  But, no, all students had to take it.

Regarding the "DEDICATED TO THE ERADICATION OF SPORTS" logo:  That particular image was created long before this forum was set up.  It was created for an older website whose URL is www.sportssuck.org.  (If you think we're evil, you should visit it  Twisted Evil  and thereby experience an increase in blood pressure due to considerable anger.)  To make a long story short, I and Skul were exiled by the website's creator Ray.  There once was a large forum at his website, where I served as a moderator and Skul served as the forum admin.  Without going into detail, he shut down the forum without contacting either one of us to explain why.  I suspect the reason why we were exiled is because we were moderates.  If you have a lot of free time on your hands, two topics in this forum give plenty of detail (some of which is funny):

http://ihatesports.forumotion.com/t139-prequel-to-the-ray-saga-how-it-all-began

http://ihatesports.forumotion.com/t35-news-flash-news-flash-the-ray-saga-continues

I think Skul retained the logo in the hope that those who once posted in the forum of Ray's website would start posting here.

Now per the sinister dedication:  I have searched my brain (such as it is) for the answer to this vexing question:  How would it even be possible to eradicate sports?  The answer is obvious.  Such an idea is a preposterous notion, a pipe dream, an impossibility, a fantasy.  You might as well try to do away with zoos and museums.  Sports are a part of the mosaic of the human condition.  No one, not even the biggest sports hater, seriously believes that sports could ever be eradicated.  Does anyone have the power to do so?  So, I have to chuckle (and sometimes groan in dismay) at the hysterical reaction to a silly slogan uttered on the part of powerless people.

Please, for the umpteenth time, I am not a sports hater!  (And neither is my wife Mrs. Earl.)  Argghhh!  I do not begrudge anyone for enjoying the sporting life as long as they don't violate the rights of others.

A few words about misfits and other miscellaneous persons:  Most misfits are not on the verge of committing mass murder.  Many of them are your standard small town cranks.  The worst you could ever expect from them is rudeness.  Consider the serial killers Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy.  Were they among your "misfits"?  No, they definitely had social skills!    Shocked   They were quite sociable.  Consider the great totalitarian mass murderers of the 20th century:  Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.  Were they misfits who lacked social skills?  No, definitely not!  They were masters at manipulating people.  They could turn on the charm and shut it off at will.  Individuals who are socially inept are not able to become dictators.  Individuals who commit mass murder don't all have the same motivation.  For example, unless I'm mistaken, the Norwegian killer whom you mentioned earlier in this topic had strong fascist leanings.  The victims were children whose parents were Social Democrats.  His motivation was political.  In other words, it was not driven out of frustration over not being able to get a hot date.  Some killers are white supremacists, anti-Semites, or some other kind of racist (such as racist blacks).  Some hate the government.  Many of these killers haven't been rejected by society; they are the ones who have done the rejecting because they have struck out at society.  Lest I forget, two of this latest killer's victims appear to have been studious Asian nerds; so, I'm wondering how this fits into your view of the deadly "nerds."

I'm concerned with your preoccupation to find a group of people to demonize.  Historically this has been done many times before (with disastrous results) to Jews, Americans of Japanese descent, homosexuals, Freemasons, "witches," "Communists," etc., etc.  Should we round up all the "nerds" and incarcerate them in detention camps?  (I think Bill Gates would object.  Mr. Green!  )

Well, that's all the excitement for today (as if this post isn't long enough)!  I could say more, but I'm too tired and it's too late.  I think I'll go relax with Stephen King or Robert Bloch.



Love that Robert Bloch!   Cool  Mr. Green! 



Last edited by Earl on Sat May 31, 2014 10:25 am; edited 5 times in total

_________________
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
avatar
Earl
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 67
Location : somewhere in space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Mrs. Earl on Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 am

Sigh. No, I am not actually “dedicated to the eradication of sports,” despite the logo. I am not dedicated to the eradication of any form of entertainment that is not evil. I realize that sports bring great joy to some people. However, I am totally opposed to any form of entertainment, including sports, being forced down the throats of anybody who is either hurt by that entertainment or bored by it.

Having made that position clear I hope, I would like to point out that your use of the phrase “straw man” is incorrect. I would not accuse you of creating a straw man when you asked me if I was “dedicated to the eradication of sports” because I recognize that you were merely drawing a conclusion about me from what you had read. The fact that it was an erroneous conclusion based upon insufficient evidence does not make it a “straw man.” Similarly, the two instances where you said that I created a straw man were actually just conclusions I had drawn based upon your statements.

So now, I have a question for you because I really am confused as to what you are trying to say. You told Earl that you thought mandatory P.E. made no sense and fostered bullying yet you feel that sports should be mandatory for people with autism and Asperger's because it will teach them to be nice to people. Um. What exactly are you trying to say? Does it foster bullying or teach people to be good? And where in your statement of
orson wrote:If they were involved in sports, they would have been able to get along with others and they would have learned how to connect.
do people like Aaron Hernandez fit in?
avatar
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : next to Earl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:59 am

WELL, WELL, WELL! I guess when the cat's away, the rats will play!

Uh . . . I'm referring to Orson, our newest member, who's obviously just another forum troll!!!

OK, I haven't been posting here lately, because I have been very very very busy working on my own newest web blog, posting some extensive SCIENCE articles. So far I have three articles posted, and I'm still working on my fourth.

My first article -  I call "Big Fat Astronomy" which goes into extensive details on the age of the universe (yes! 13.8 BILLION years old! And NOT a mere 6000 years!) the sizes of planets, the largest known stars, and the biggest known galaxies. Yeah! Some really big fat stuff out there in the big fat COSMOS! Also, extensive details about how astronomers know what the universe is made of, concerning emission and absorption lines in the solar and stellar spectra, the Doppler red-shift, etc. etc.

My second article - is concerning my own observations of the recent total Lunar eclipse back in April, and about the Tetrad of four total Lunar eclipses what will be seen over the next two years. We have three more left of this Tetard. A Tetrad is when you have four total Lunar eclipses in a row with no partial Lunar eclipses in between. And . . . of course, some Christian Fundamentalist extremists have their panties in a bunch because two of the total Lunar eclipses are to occur on a Passover, which is supposedly to mean the end of the world. YEAH RIGHT! In the past 2000 years, there have been eight such Tetrads that have occurred on a Passover, and the world is still here. OK? GET OVER IT!!!

My third article debunks Noah's Ark (which I call the FAIL-BOAT) and it goes into engineering details as to why a wooden boat the size of Noah's ark is a physical impossibility. The Wyoming was the largest wooden ship on record, about 150 feet shorter than Noah's Ark was supposed to have been. The Wyoming was even re-enforced with 90 diagonal steel beams. And yet, it broke up and sank with all hands on board. I had posted a similar article here in these forums in the OFF TOPICS section. But, nobody else here has posted any response to my article. This website forum has not been seeing much activity.

My fourth article, which I'm still working on, will be debunking the Genesis flood in the Bible. It explains why there is no scientific geological evidence that such a global flood has ever occurred. Early geologists, back in the 17th and 18th century, who happened to be Christians themselves, and who also believed in Creationism, went searching for evidence of a global flood, and still found none! Yeah! NO EVIDENCE! Zip, nadda, ZERO, goose egg!!! Also, they came to realize that the earth had to be many many millions of years old, and NOT a mere 6000 years, as assumed by Arch Bishop James Usher back in the 1600s. That's because, it took many many millions and millions of years for igneous and metamorphic rock layers, and sedimentary deposits of form. Yes, these geologists were Christians, but they had to put some of their own religious beliefs aside, and accept the scientific evidence against the Biblical global flood and young earth creationism. The earth is much older than anyone realized back then. Now we know that the earth is 4.5 BILLION years old.

I've have also been learning a lot more about geology while working on my articles. In some ways, geology is more complicated than astronomy. So, I'm getting schooled.

OK, I have become more and more agnostic, meaning that, I really don't know if there is a God or not. But, if there is some sort of eternal cosmic deity, then he, she, or it, can not possibly be the God of the Bible, or the Qur'an, or any so-called holy book.

Anyway . . . . .

I'm not going to post a link to my newest web blog.

Because . . . if that little wet-behind-the-ears, bed-wetting ignoramus Orson sees it, he might come to the conclusion that I'm one of those "dangerous nerds" who should be placed on a "watch list" because, I also don't like sports, either!

OK, Orson, ya shit-for-brains little punk! Listen good, and listen tight!

When I was in school back in the 1960s (I'm now 62 years old) I was lousy at sports. I had a crippled up left knee, the result of having been in a car accident when I was little. Because of that, I was unable to run, and I always walked with a limp. Yeah! The first time I got suspended from school was because I failed to climb a stupid rope in the gymnasium, even though I was passing all of my other academic courses, like . . . SCIENCE AND MATH!!!

My mother had taught me how to read and write before I even started school. So, by the time I was only in the third grade, I could already read and write at high school and adult level. We were a poor family, but I actually thought we were rich because our house was a virtual treasure trove of books books books and more books! Yeah! We were booked solid! Get it? And when I was 13 yeas old, I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

When I was in the 5th grade, I had my first male teacher who was a sports obsessed tyrant. One day, when we were playing basketball in the gym, the ball had slipped out of my hands. The teacher picked up the ball and punched me in the stomach with it as hard as he could. I was doubled over in pain, and it seemed like an eternity before I could start breathing again. I was damn lucky that he didn't fracture any of my ribs.

Then, there was another another incident when our class went to the school library. All the other kids in my class were allowed to check out any book they wanted, but I was not! I saw this Astronomy book that I wanted, and was not allowed to check it out. When I asked him why the other students were allowed to check out any book they wanted, but why I wasn't, he dragged me out into the hallway, and pushed me back against the wall, bashing the back of my head against the corner of the concrete block wall.

I felt really dizzy, and blacked out, and came to in the principal's office. I had no idea how I got there. I had a severe head concussion. My mother came and took me home. I was 11 years old at the time. From that day on, and through out my teenage years, I had headaches and dizzy spells. Alka Seltzer on the rocks with a twist of lemon became my favorite drink when I came home from school. As I got older, the headaches and dizzy spells became less severe and when I was in my early 20s I didn't get the headaches or dizziness anymore. But, some damage was done. The following year, after the head bashing incident, that teacher was fired, and after that, he could not get another teaching job anywhere else.

Oh! But you say . . . that we nerds are are dangerous and need to be put on a watch list! Eh?

I have NEVER harmed another person in my life! But I have been beaten, bullied and harassed. Yet, I have never harmed another person!

Oh! But people like me need to be put on a watch list!

When I was in high school, I had this so-called "science" teacher who was also the school's football coach. But, he was too God damn fucking busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons to be teaching in the class room. So, instead, he would set up the movie projector, turn off the light, and go out the door, and we were all left, sitting in the dark, watching cartoons. I WANTED TO STUDY SCIENCE GOD DAMN IT! Not sit in the dark watching stupid cartoons.

Oh! And in English literature class, we played Charades, and learned how to fold paper footballs! That fucking school was like a fucking Kindergarten! And I was harassed and bullied around.

I was also harassed by some dope dealing jocks wanting to push some stuff on me. So, there was peer-group pressure in that school to do drugs. I went to seek advice from my school councilor, but he gave me, what would turn out later, to be some really bad advice. I made the STUPID mistake of giving him their names. After that, the harassment became more severe. One day, as I entered my art class, my oil paintings were destroyed and my own paint brushes were broken. I even received threats against my life.

Oh! But we nerds are dangerous and must be kept on a watch list! Right?

I had to leave school, and about a couple of months later, back in April of 1969 when I was 17 years old, I had an emotional and mental breakdown, and spent three week in the state hospital  in northern New Mexico. Some of those places are actually worse than prison. I had seen other patients get beaten by the ward attendants, and it also happened to me. And one night, I was sexually molested by an older man.

When I finally came home after three week, I was in worse shape that I was before I went in. I was severely depressed and didn't feel like leaving the house, and stayed in my bedroom most of the time, coming out only to eat or use the bathroom. We were living in Las Cruces, New Mexico back then.

We lived in a 12x50 foot Rembrandt mobile home, and we moved it out into the country back in March of 1970 to a residential area named Moon Gate. Well, I was happy out there. I started going outside again. I loved looking out at the Organ Mountains, and going out at night to use my telescope. Being far away from the city lights, the stars looked much brighter. And by day, I explored the desert and brought back all kinds of cactus for my desert garden. there we all kinds of cactus and yucca out there. I loved the desert plant life. Oh! And I had ordered a kit from the Edmond Scientific Co. to build an 8 inch Newtonian reflector telescope.

My younger brother and my younger sister were still in high school, and of course, they got along better in school than I did. My brother was in the marching band and he played the trumpet. He was damn good! I'll give him that.

OK, Orson . . . you're gonna love this part.

My brother got all pissed off because he felt that my wanting to build a telescope was disruptive of our family. So, he went over to a neighbors house, tried to steal a shotgun to blow me away! But, the neighbor saw him coming out of his house with the shotgun and grabbed it way from him.

Oh! But you're probably still thinking, that we nerds are dangerous, and need to be kept on a watch list!

And here's some more really good stuff. Yeah! You're gonna love this!!!

Years later, my dear sweet brother became a Catholic. So, every Sunday, he stands in line, and he gets to eat God!

My sister became a Mormon, and she probably wears magic underwear!

And they both thought I was nuts because I wanted to study science!

Sweet!!! Yeah! Real sweet!

You're probably loving this!

OK, again . . . Orson . . . you say that nerds go around thinking that they're better than everyone else. But, it is you jocks and sports fans who think you're better than everybody else. Jocks think they are better because they can run faster and jump higher and chase a ball around. Well . . . . . a horse is much stronger, and much faster, and can jump much higher than a jock, and probably even much smarter.

Hey! You sports fans and jocks should bow down to worship the superior horse as your God and kiss it's ass!

Yes, I do think that I'm a much better person than some moronic, knuckle-dragging, slack-jawed, drooling imbecile with shit-for-brains who can't read above the second grade level, and goes around raping women because he can't keep his own rocket in his pocket!

Can you say . . . Stubenville?
Can you say . . . Penn State?
Can you say . . . Notre Dame?

Football teams have become professional rape squads in our schools!

Oh! But we nerds are dangerous and need to be kept on a watch list!

Well, I'm getting tired of posting here. I want to get back to working on my own web blog. I got to get busy! Busy! Busy!

By the way . . . . .

After reading my forum post, if you scroll down to my signature, you'll see a photo of me doing something, that if I were much younger, and still in high school, it would be really dangerous and threatening enough to have me put on your watch list.

In the meantime . . . . .

Go fuck yourself!

I'm outta here!
avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:31 am

Chill out Big Fat Heretic. Are we going to have a civil discussion or are you just going to go on a tirade? You seem to be taking out all the injustices you've faced on life on me, and my fellow sports fans. Your spewing off and ranting is also diluting any rational points you may have. Also, all your cussing displays to me that you aren't smart enough to use any real vocabulary. Your cussing furthermore shows to me that you are a violent, sad, and angry person. You said fuck 6 times to me, shit twice, damn four times, and the list goes on. Of course, you're free to use these words. Just thought I should let you know that they are revealing your stupidity.

When you are free to have a civil discussion and actually display some intelligence, feel free to respond to me and we can talk




To Earl and Mrs. Earl: So, you aren't actually against the eradication of sports, and you both DO acknowledge all the good things that sports bring to the world. What ARE you here for? What's your end goal; that is, what role do you ideally want to see sports play in our world?
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:10 am

In response to Orson:

Well, as for my cussing and swearing . . . . . I had seen in a YouTube video, where Richard Dawkins, an evolutionary biologist, once told Ben Stein, one of those religious fundamentalists, to FUCK OFF!

Yeah! It use to be that intellectuals, like scientists, would normally refrain from cussing. But, they have become so damn disgusted and frustrated with all these right-wing Christard Fundies, that now, they have begun to let loose.

And can you blame them?

Oh! And here is a photo of astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, flipping off Mitt Romney during an NAACP meeting.



I don't know if you remember COSMOS by Carl Sagan, which had 13 episodes. Probably not, because you're not old enough. It came out on the PBS Network back in 1980.

Now, we have a new series of COSMOS - A Space Time Odyssey by Neil deGrasse Tyson, and I've been watching it on the Internet at Hulu. So far 12 episodes have been put on the website.

It is carried on the FOX Network on Cable TV.

Now, I really don't like the FOX channel, because of FOX NEWS with Bill O'Reily. That is because he's a . . . (dare I say it?) . . . a lying sack of shit. And of course, all the right-wing retards have their panties in a bunch and shitting in their diapers, because, they don't like the new COSMOS being on their precious ultra-CONservative FOX channel. They probably don't like him, because he's black.

But, I'm actually glad that it's being carried by FOX, because, maybe, just maybe . . . all those right-wing retards who hate science, just might take a gander at it out of curiosity, and perhaps . . . learn something.

Oh! But in some communities, the local FOX stations refuse to carry the new COSMOS!

That's because, Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about the universe being about 13.8 BILLION years old, the earth being 4.5 BILLION years old and also about EVOLUTION!!! And all these right-wing Republican retards are pissed off because they believe that it is all only 6000 years old and created in just 6 days!

Yeah! We're talking CENSORSHIP here! And that's a real hot-button issue with me!

I feel like I'm getting my head bashed against the brick wall again!

Well, I don't have Cable TV any more, because Time Warner keeps raising the cost every damn month!

So, I go to Hulu on the Internet to watch it.

I just watched the newest 12th episode today.

OK, getting back to your "watch list" that you had mentioned in one of your previous forum posts . . . . .

. . . where you said that students in school, who don't like sports, and who are "unpopular", should be place on a "watch list" because of the shootings that had taken place in some of our public schools.

First of all, the vast majority of us "unpopular" science nerds and techno-geeks are not violent, and despite the bullying that we had so often received from the more "popular" students, most of us would never turn to violence.

Those whack-jobs who went off the deep end, make up only a very very very tiny minority.

And, it's really a damn shame, that those students who excel in science and math, are the "unpopular" ones, while all the dumb-asses, like sports fans, and stupid jocks, who can barely read and write at the second or third grade level, are the ones who are more "popular".
 
So, you're a wet-pants little COWARD, if you're so damn scared that you (think?) the ones who don't like sports, should be placed on your stupid watch list!

Well . . . you will be very happy to know, that our anti-science Christian Republican party is already trying to put our scientists on their watch list! Yeah! You must be cumming in your pantaloons just thinking about it, right about now!

OK, because of climate change, and global warming, WHICH IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT, according to climatologists, sea levels are expected to rise another 1.5 meters before the year 2100.

Oh! But last year, back in 2013, North Carolina legislators wanted to pass a law against any scientists coming out with their latest data on sea levels rises, and saying that their estimates should only be base on older data from the 1940s, and that scientists might even face prison if they try to publicly come out with the latest estimates on sea level rises.

Well . . . fortunately . . . more reasonable minds prevailed, and the stupid North Carolina legislation didn't pass.

Uh . . . when was the last time a scientist was told to shut up?

Don't tell me . . . let me think . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . . .

Oh! I know! It was Galileo! Yeah! That's who! Galileo!

Yeah! back in the 1600's Galileo was warned by the Catholic church, and the Holy Office of The Inquisition, to never again, publicly state, that the earth and all the planets revolved around the sun, because it was in conflict with church doctrine that the sun and planets revolved around the earth.

So, Galileo was placed under house arrest for the remaining years of his life.

Another words . . . he was issued his official . . . Shut The Fuck Up papers!!!

Yeah! The Catholic church back in those days had their own version of a watch list!

So, why is it, that idiots and drooling morons, like you, with a sock full of popcorn for a brain, all want to have all kinds of draconian rules passed? Eh?

Bed-wetting ignoramuses like you, all wish to control every aspect of our lives, when you can't even control your own bladder and bowels!

You're a punk!

Now, go play in your sand box, little boy!



Yeah! Go away little boy!

You bother me!

avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Earl on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:43 pm

A particular You Tube video that Skul has recently used in another board of this forum adequately expresses my reaction to the current lack of civility in this topic  (Besides, it's humorous!  Mr. Green!  ):





Orson, I was not online when you posted last.  When I went to bed last night, I forgot to log out; and I left my laptop on all night.  I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you.


you wrote:To Earl and Mrs. Earl: So, you aren't actually against the eradication of sports, and you both DO acknowledge all the good things that sports bring to the world. What ARE you here for? What's your end goal; that is, what role do you ideally want to see sports play in our world?


I've said this before:  In a way, no one (not even BFH) favors the eradication of sports because, as any sane person knows, that is virtually impossible.

Why are the two of us here?  Good question.  Before I continue, let me say regarding this exchange that my opinions carry no weight at all.  You know the old saying:  Opinions are like rectal orifices; everybody has one.  In other words, I try to keep it in perspective.

I consider myself to be a critic of the culture of school sports (at least the extremely popular ones), not a sports hater; and Mrs. Earl is more moderate than you may realize.

I believe there's a need to provide a forum in which individuals who have had some sort of problem with sports (even if it is just an annoyance) may sound off and enjoy the company of like-minded folks.  

What I often noticed at Ray's website (which I've already referenced in this topic) is that visitors would frequently say, "I thought I was the only one who didn't like sports!"  So, I think such people should know they're not alone.

Now on to weightier issues:

I'm adamantly opposed to forcing nonathletic boys to participate in team games in mandatory P.E. classes.  As far as I'm concerned, the only justification for mandatory P.E. is to promote physical fitness, especially for students who are sedentary.  Traditional mandatory P.E. has failed dismally in that regard.  I'm opposed to sports being compulsory in the schools.  Needless to say, I do believe that every boy who wants to participate in one or more sports should be given every opportunity to do so.

I'm running out of time here; so, I'm going to have to be brief.

There is also the problem of what has been called "jock privilege."  The extreme form of this problem involves the relative few athletes who commit felonious crimes against others.  There have been instances in which there has been no accountability.  Entire communities have rushed to stage coverups to protect individual school athletes who have committed such crimes.  The Steubenville scandal is a recent example.  When you have time, you should read Our Guys by Bernard Lefkowitz, which is an expose of the notorious Glen Ridge scandal.

You many not realize this, but the worst enemies of school sports are not to be found in a forum such as this.  They are not the sports haters, who usually have no power over others (only the ability be rude in a forum).  They're to be found among the boosters and the fans, those individuals who actually promote corruption in the sports institutions themselves.

I'm very busy now.  I'll check on this topic when I have time.

_________________
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
avatar
Earl
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 67
Location : somewhere in space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Earl, thank you for you civil response. I apparently will not be getting such civility from Big Fat Heretic. Thank you for your clarification with everything. As I said, I feel that mandatory PE probably isn't a good idea for young children. Nevertheless, we need to promote a form of healthy lifestyle for children. We need to show them that exercise is great and show all the benefits that a healthy lifestyle can provide. It can do wonders not only for you body but also your mind. People always feel great after exercise.

Of course there are things such as jock privilege, and that is unacceptable. No athlete should be off scot free of any crimes committed simply because they are jocks. There IS also nerd privilege though. I think it's safe to say that most high executives and powerful people are at least partly nerdy. They wield a huge amount of power, and are rarely held accountable to their abuse of power. Many employees are treated like shit in company and the actions committed by the selfish, nerdy executives usually lead to a slap on the wrist. I can go on a huge tangent about white collar crime, but I will leave it here.



Big Fat Heretic: thank you for showing me that you lack any civility at all. Also, just because intelligent people cuss, and you mimic them like a parrot, doesn't make you intelligent at all. It just shows to me that you are a parrot and can't think for yourself.

Listen up buddy, I'm an agnostic and don't care for religion. However, I have the intelligence which you seem to be lacking to see that things are not so black and white as you paint it. You seem to think that everything about religion is bad and everything about science is good. If you truly think this, then I feel very, very sorry for your pathetic excuse for a brain because you are just clouded with hate and cannot think clearly.

I can tear about you entire post and show you just how irrational you really are, but I will just point to ONE example which displays how ignorant and out of touch your rationale really is. You say that in some communities, the FOX news channel refuses to carry COSMOS. You then conclude that this is censorship.

What your idiot mind doesn't realize is that FOX is a privately held company and can promote or not promote whatever they want, provided it falls within FCC guidelines. Let me get this into your thick, daft skull, and I'll put it into BIG, BLOCK letters for you so your puny mind can really understand: CENSORSHIP ONLY APPLIES TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. IF A PRIVATELY HELD TELEVISION NETWORK DECIDES NOT TO AIR SOMETHING ON THEIR OWN DIME, THEN IT IS NOT CENSORSHIP. IT IS SIMPLY THEM MAKING A BUSINESS DECISION.

I can definitely see that you never went to business school and are very aloof. But the reason why the Fox network chose not to air COSMOS in such regions is because their ratings would suck. In case you still don't get it: ratings=the life blood of media networks. Without good ratings, the networks would crumble. So, FOX was just making a good business decision to air something else.

Again, let me be clear: I'm agnostic, and while I haven't had a chance to watch the COSMOS yet, this is something which I'd be interested in. It's always great to learn new things and expand one's mind, and COSMOS can do just that. So before you start spewing shit out of your mouth and start calling me a stupid Christian baby-eater. Let me tell you right now: I'm not Christian.
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Mrs. Earl on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Big Fat Heretic, I wish you would not try to derail every thread by ranting about religion and politics. But since you brought up Richard Dawkins as your role model, I will ask you the question I asked you in another thread that you never answered: Do you agree with Richard Dawkins’ belief that the molestation of boys in British public schools is no big deal?



Orson, you said

To Earl and Mrs. Earl: So, you aren't actually against the eradication of sports, and you both DO acknowledge all the good things that sports bring to the world. What ARE you here for? What's your end goal; that is, what role do you ideally want to see sports play in our world?

It depends on what you mean by the phrase “all the good things that sports bring to the world.” If by that you mean the good that any decent form of entertainment brings to the world, such as relaxation and enjoyment, then I agree that sports brings good things to some people. I will even agree that sports is a refuge for some people who have miserable or tragic lives. But so are other forms of entertainment. For example, I have known of musicians who, as children, were in abusive homes who used their music to escape from their misery. But that does not mean that I think every abused child should be forced to take band. And that seems to be the mentality of many of the people who love sports: “It helps some people; therefore, every unhappy person should be forced to play sports.”

As for the assertion that children will be happy if they play sports because they will be exercising and exercising makes you feel good (I hope I have correctly stated your viewpoint): I believe that sports has exactly the opposite effect on children exercising. It has been my observation over the last 50 or 60 years that when children are given free time in which they are allowed to run and play they get a great deal of exercise. When they are forced to participate in sports (notice I say “forced to participate,” not “choose to play”), however, they spend a great deal of time standing around. Notice I am talking about children, not professional athletes.

So, why am I here? Because I don’t like sports being crammed down people’s throats.
avatar
Mrs. Earl
Familiar Face

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : next to Earl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:19 pm

In response to Orson . . .

OK, the main reason why I'm so pissed off at you, is because of your stupid WATCH LIST!

And as for those "corporate nerds", the top corporate executives, who treat their employers like crap . . . well on that particular issue, I do agree with you.

But, most of them are republicans anyway. And yes, I agree with you that they do go around thinking that they're better than everybody else.

But, these are not our science nerds! They're only the corporate nerds who give the rest of the nerds a bad name.

Our typical science nerds are not like those corporate nerds.

Science nerds usually don't work in corporations. No, the geologist and the paleontologist are out doing geological surveys (sometimes for a corporation) risking their lives climbing up into the mountains, bringing back rocks samples and fossils to their labs. So, they're out getting their hands dirty. The professional astronomer working late into the night, he freezes is ass off in the cold because you can't heat the inside of an observatory dome.

And it's our science nerds, like Carl Sagan (who died back in 1996) and Isaac Isaac Asimov and Harlow Shapley and Clair Cameron Patterson, etc. etc. who have been social activists for human rights, and have often spoken out against ignorance and prejudice.

Unlike YOU Orson, who wants to put all nerds on a WATCH LIST!

That's why I've been thinking that you were probably a Christard fundie or a Republican, or both. Because you sure as Hell sound like one!

Anyway . . . . .

The astronomer Harlow Shapley, he had observed and studied RR Lyrae stars to correctly estimate the size of the Milky Way and our location within it. Back in the 1950s he came under attack by Wisconsin Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy because of his social and political activism, and he was accused of being a Commie. Yeah! McCarthy had a WATCH LIST on which a lot of innocent people were falsely accused.

Clair Cameron Patterson, he was the scientist who determined that the age of the earth was about 4.5 billion years. His assistant was measuring the uranium content of meteorites while Patterson was trying to get a decent measurement of the lead content, because, lead is the final decay product of uranium as it breaks down.

But Patterson was having difficulty trying to get accurate measurements. His measurements were all inconsistent, while the measurements of the uranium content by his assistant were perfectly consistent. So, it occurred to Patterson that his measurements were off because of lead contamination in the environment. He had to set up his own lab (a clean room) somewhere else to make sure that it was free of any lead contamination, and then, he and his assistant were able to more accurately determine the age of the earth at 4.5 billion years.

He also had proof that there was a big problem with lead contamination in the environment. Patterson had been hired by a big oil company which paid for his scientific research. Oh! But when Patterson discovered that the lead contamination in the environment was due to lead that was put in gasoline back in those days, he was fired by the oil company. On his own time, he had taken ice core samples in the Arctic, and water samples from the ocean which proved that the younger ice layers had a lot more lead than the older samples deeper down, and the water near the surface of the oceans had more lead than the deeper waters, thus proving that there was lead contamination in the environment. And he is reason why lead is no longer put in gasoline, or in house paints.

Oh! But our Republicans are all pissed off and crapping in their diapers because of environmental regulations. They're also Christard fundies who believe the earth is only 6000 years old. So, the Republicans are pissed off because the scientist who determined the age of the earth to be 4.5 billion years is also the same scientist who spoke with legislators to get lead removed from gasoline and house paint.

So, our science nerds deeply care about humanity.

Oh! But you want to have all the nerds put on a WATCH LIST!

Also . . . in your response to my previous forum post, you made no comments in reference to what I had said about Galileo and the Inquisition.

No, you just had to get all butt-hurt and rag on me, because I cuss and swear, and I called you a few names, which you had so richly deserved in the first place, just for being such a douche-bag!

Well, boo hoo to you!

Aw! You mad?

You're just another Inquisitor . . . . . you sanctimonious, scum-bag piece of dog shit!!!

Anyway . . . . .

This took up my time, and I have some shopping to do and bills to pay.

So, I'll get back again to you later, crotch-gator!

I'm outta here!
avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm

You seem to have selective reading. I even TOLD you explicitly that I could tear apart your entire post, but I simply pointed at ONE logical fallacy that you brought forward. Go ahead, read my post again. I'm not going to pick apart every thing you say, because frankly, you aren't worth that much of my time. I very well COULD pick apart every stupid thing you say though.

So, you also say "these nerds are good, but these ones aren't". I can say the same about many athletes. It's very convenient to pick and choose, and I can find plenty of athletes who do great humanitarian work. Tim Teblow, Clayton Kershaw, Billy Butler, and Roberto Clemente are just a few who have done great work helping their fellow man.

You act as though the whole world is out to get you. And when I rationally explain how you are wrong, stupid, and ignorant on everything you say, you get your panties in a bunch and start whailing like a bit fat baby.


I'd also like you to answer Mrs. Earl's question. Do you agree with Richard Dawkins that molestation is no big deal? Or do you think he was wrong? This is yet another aspect of your selective reading. You are conveniently ignoring things you don't want to answer, and you apparently have ignored Mrs. Earl before. So face the facts, we all want answers. DO YOU DO DO YOU NOT AGREE WITH RICHARD DAWKINS THAT MOLESTATION IS NOT A BIG DEAL?
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Earl on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 pm

All this talk of nerds has made me hungry!   Smile 



Nerds aren't dangerous; they're delicious!

 clown  Razz  jocolor  Mr. Green! 




I'll submit a serious post later.


_________________
"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
avatar
Earl
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 67
Location : somewhere in space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:14 am

No, I don't agree with Richard Dawkins that molestation is not a big deal.

OK, I remember this from a video, and he didn't think that what had happened to him when he was a kid was such a big deal. Maybe he would think differently if he had been violently assaulted during the process. And yes, I do know for a fact, that there are some young boys who get off on the thought of an adult woman coming onto them. Some guys do think it's a big thrill. Well, that's their look-out, I guess. But, it is certainly wrong if sex is forced on an under-aged kid.

Anyway, getting back to what I was saying. . . . .

So, you think that everything I said was stupid!

OK! I give up!

The earth is flat, only 6000 years old, and science nerds in school who don't like sports should be put on a WATCH LIST, or better still, burned at the stake! OK?

Now! Are you happy???

Oh! And the FOX Channel has a right to not show the new COSMOS in some local communities!

OK! I get that.

But, no, actually . . . . because, I'm a greedy selfish prick! OK?



Yeah! I'm a real prick!

If I want to watch a particular program, or read a particular book, and my local TV station refuses to carry a program that I want to see, and if my local library refuses to carry a particular book I want to read, then I'm going to make some noise, because, I can't afford to just pack up and move to another community where a TV station will carry the program I want to see, or where a library will carry the books I want to read.

So, I don't give a flying fuck what my local community wants! I only give a fuck what I want! OK?

If you fucking retards don't like a particular program being carried by the local TV station, then, don't watch it!

And if you fucking retards don't like some particular book in your local library, then don't read it!

That way, you're enjoying your right to be a stupid fucking retard, and I can enjoy my right to be educated and informed.

And, I don't have to like sports! And I should not have to worry that some ultra-authoritarian fuck-tard might put me on a WATCH LIST because I don't like sports.

Also, I'm not necessarily advocating that sports be banned. Only that sports not be forced on people who don't like it. So, I don't like sports, and I don't have to watch it!

Anyway . . .

If a local TV station in my community had refused to carry an educational science program, like COSMOS, then I would be out in front of the TV station in my JAZZY power chair carrying a protest sign, and calling them out. I don't care if it meant going to jail. I would be wearing my go-to-jail clothes and packing a go-to-jail sandwich in my lunch bag.

Yeah! I know FOX is a privately own network, but I don't give a shit! It's owned by Rupert Murdock who has bought up many Newspaper publishers and turned what was once decent Newspapers into a sleazy tabloids.

Rupert Murdock is destroying the press, and changing everything he owns into right-wing propaganda mills!

So, fuck FOX, and fuck you too!

I don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell if FOX is privately owned. There is too many super-rich people who privately own too much shit and want to control everything.

They're against public schools, and wanting to shut them down, and also wanting to privatize all the schools, and these parochial schools often discriminate. So most young people would be left out.

Oh! And people who can't get decent jobs because they couldn't get a decent education, and are living in the streets. Well . . . if they're hungry, they just need to sit on a milk crate, and get 2 years in a privately owned prison for it. Yeah! That actually happened to a homeless war veteran in New York City a couple of years ago.

Oh yes indeed! You're probably loving this, and just creaming in your panties over it!

Anyway . . . . .

Nobody has the right to tell me what I can see with my eyes or hear with my ears!

I have been fighting that sort of thing all of my life. And I have even suffered head injuries because of it.

That's not supposed not happen! A desire to read a book should not result in getting one's head bashed against a brick wall. Reading books is not supposed to cause head injuries.

Only football is suppose to cause head injuries so that retards can die younger and get out of the way sooner!

And you can take your God damn fucking WATCH LIST, roll it up real tight, shove it up your ass, and pull it back out again . . . and . . . . . . .

SUCK ON IT!!!
avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Hey bud, I don't know how you are drawing any of these conclusions you have come to. You are still not making any sense at all. I am trying to rationalize with you then you start screaming about Christianity and shit. Please, PLEASE try to rationally address my points and try not to take them out of context, as you are continuing to do. I never said the earth is 6000 years old and I don't believe it is either, as I'm not Christian. Many Christians also don't happen to believe this, because they don't take the bible literally word for word. But that's neither here nor there.

And yes, what I am saying is that a privately held enterprise has the right to run their company in the direction they wish, provided they abide by the laws. In this case, a media network such as Fox and air what they want as long as they abide by FCC regulations. Can you not understand that? It's a very simple point that even a 12 year old can understand.

This is different from a local library, which is more than likely publicly owned. If your local library is like most and is a public library, then it has a responsibility to not push any particular political agenda and it doesn't have the right to suppress anything. Of course, there is limited shelf space so not every library can carry every single thing. Nevertheless, you do have the right to voice your displeasure that a certain book or literature isn't carried.

My only concern, though, is that I imagine you treating people in real life the way you treat people on the internet. I can see you causing a scene screaming at the poor worker behind the counter for not carrying COSMOS, who has nothing to do with the book selection. I highly doubt that you are any bit civil about such a thing.

But yeah, there's a difference between a PRIVATELY held company and something that is PUBLICLY ran. You seem to be very confused, and I really hope my explanation above has fixed any confusion you may have had Smile You have the right to get angry over government suppression. But you don't have the right to tell a privately held company how to run their business. If you don't like it, don't support it. But you are being an EVIL FASCIST AUTHORITARIAN by not letting them run their business according to their own wishes.

So tell me: are you really an evil fascist authoritarian, or do you actually support Fox New's decision not to air the COSMOS is certain districts? Logically you can only be one.

I look forward to hearing your answer.
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Also, another point, directly from your signature:

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?"
Then . . . After that he can just shut the fuck up!

Here is another example of your authoritarian nature. You don't like athletes so you don't think they have the right to speak. So, please answer this question as well: do you really think that all athletes should shut the fuck up and not be heard (making you an authoritarian), or do you think they have the right to speak?

If you are an authoritarian, then by all means keep that signature. If you aren't, I suggest to remove that signature because you are telling a lie.

PLEASE RESPOND TO BOTH POSTS THOUGH. I KNOW HOW CONVENIENT IT WOULD BE FOR YOUR PUNY MIND TO ONLY RESPOND TO THIS ONE. SO THIS IS A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND MY OTHER POINTS AS WELL
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 am

In response to Orson:

On no!!! It's baaaaaaack!!!

OK, if you go back and re-read my previous forum post, I said . . .

"No, I don't agree with Richard Dawkins that molestation is not a big deal."

Hey boys and girls! Can you say . . . READING COMPREHENSION???

OK, you said . . . . .

. . . "a privately held enterprise has the right to run their company in the direction they wish, provided they abide by the laws. In this case, a media network such as Fox and air what they want as long as they abide by FCC regulations . . . . . etc. etc.

Well, the problem is . . . that there are too many Republican multi-millionaires and multi-billionaires who wish to privatize everything, and Rupert Murdock wants to have his own private control over all print and broadcast media, so that they can censor science documentaries or political and social documentaries they happen to dislike. Thus, controlling what we may see and hear. They want control over my own eyes and ears!

Sorry ya Republican fuck-tards! But my eyes and ears, and my body is my own private property. So, keep your God damn bloody hands to yourselves!!!

So, again, I don't give a flying fuck if FOX is privately owned!    



Yeah! I don't give one of these!

If I want so see the new COSMOS on my local broadcast channel, I will gather other people to my side who share the same sentiment, and we will protest, even if it means going to jail! Yeah! I'm always ready to put on my go-to-jail clothes and pack a go-to-jail sandwich in a brown bag.

OK, in reference to my signature . . . . . where it says . . . . .

"All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?"
Then . . . After that he can just shut the fuck up!"


That's just a sarcasm. Ya know what a sarcasm is! Don't ya???

Yeah, people have freedom of speech, and can say anything they like. But I also have a right to exercise my freedom of speech by saying "shut the fuck up"!

Of course, I don't have the power to shut anyone up. So, I guess I just have to put up with their moronic babbling and retarded bullshit! But I also have the right to call people out on their bullshit! So, it's a two way street. OK?

Now . . . . . as for public libraries . . . . .

I'm well aware that libraries have limited shelf-space. So, when I'm in the library, if they don't have a particular book I want, they always get it for me through the inter-library loan. Sometimes it might take a couple of weeks, but I always get it. So, I don't mind waiting, as long as I can get it, then everything is cool.

So, I never had any problems getting any particular book that I wanted. Even if I might have to wait a couple of weeks, I don't mind, I'll wait.

Oh! But there are some right-wing ultra-conservatives who would like to privatize all libraries.

Back when Sarah Palin was was once the Mayor of  Wasilla, Alaska, there was a rumor going around that Sarah Palin wanted to have some books banned from the public library.  

OK, here is a list of books that Sarah Palin had allegedly tried to have banned. Yeah! This the great big hit parade for book burners!

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
Blubber by Judy Blume
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
Carrie by Stephen King
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Christine by Stephen King
Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Cujo by Stephen King
Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
Daddy’s Roommate by Michael Willhoite
Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Decameron by Boccaccio
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Forever by Judy Blume
Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Have to Go by Robert Munsch
Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Impressions edited by Jack Booth
In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
It’s Okay if You Don’t Love Me by Norma Klein
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein
Lysistrata by Aristophanes
More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier
My House by Nikki Giovanni
My Friend Flicka by Mary O’Hara
Night Chills by Dean Koontz
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Ordinary People by Judith Guest
Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women’s Health Collective
Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Separate Peace by John Knowles
Silas Marner by George Eliot
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Bastard by John Jakes
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Devil’s Alternative by Frederick Forsyth
The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
The Living Bible by William C. Bower
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
The Shining by Stephen King
The Witches by Roald Dahl
The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
Then Again, Maybe I Won’t by Judy Blume
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster Editorial Staff
Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween Symbols by Edna Barth

The above information was taken from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board. When the librarian refused to ban the books, Sarah Palin tried to have her fired!

Well, actually . . . Sarah Palin didn't really try get all those books banned, but that, she merely inquired if those books could be banned. But, that's bad enough! She even tried to have the head librarian fired!

OK, any duly elected official who merely advocates book censorship, or anything that violates the First Amendment of The Constitution of The United State, that official ought to be impeached and be removed from office. To me, it's bordering on treason!!!  

Anyway . . . I'm 62 years old, so I remember watching a lot NEWS broadcasts on TV back in the 1980s, and how, after Ronald Reagan got elected, the Reverend Jerry Falwell and his so-called Moral Majority (Moron Minority) were on the political rampage, and I remember seeing public book burnings by right-wing religious fanatics, and the Christian Fundamentalists singing their retarded church hymns as piles of books were consigned to the bonfires. It reminded me of some TV documentaries I had seen of public book burnings in Nazi Germany, under Adolph Hitler.



The only difference was, the old documentary films of the Nazi Germany book burnings back in the 1930s were in Black & White, while the USA book burnings in the 1980s were in glorious living technicolor! Oh! How very nice! Eh? We got to see religious right-wing Fascism in living color! Oh! How sweet!

Well . . . there was another difference between the two.

The book burnings in Nazi Germany eventually lead to millions of innocent people getting burned in the Nazi concentration camps, whereas, in the USA it didn't go quite that far.

But I remember being afraid that it might happen. Perhaps I was being a little bit paranoid, I don't know. But, history has often shown, that it doesn't take very long to go from burning books to burning the people who write them. So, the 1980s was a nightmare decade for me.

Now . . . . . I want you to explain your WATCH LIST in more detail, and exactly who should be on it, and why you (think?) they should be on it.

In the meantime . . . . .

I got to get back to work on my own web blog.

Now, go ride the FLYING FUCK!
avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Orson on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 am

Big Fat Heretic, once again you display signs of how much of an idiot you really are.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

Let me first disclose that I am far from a fan of Sarah Palin, and I see her as a bumbling idiot (much like yourself). However, there has been absolutely ZERO documentation of her even inquiring about getting those books banned. ZERO. It's simply a rumor perpetuated by the liberal media. It's on the same level as the rumor that Obama is an evil Muslim who was born in Kenya, which has been perpetuated by the Conservative media. Both are false. Both are lies. You, however, seem to have selective hearing and will only believe what you WANT to hear. You WANT to hate Sarah Palin, because she's a Republican. Therefore, anything bad you hear about her you will immediately believe because it fulfills your prophecy. There's a psychological term for that, I don't know what it's called. But that is what you are showing. You don't do any research, and you once again have shown me that you just regurgitate what you hear. Your puny brain can't think for yourself, and you believe any lie given to you. So thank you for once again confirming how stupid you really are.

Anyways, back to you other stupid puny-minded rants. You seem to be very contradicting of yourself. You are whining and crying like a big fat baby about how much the evil conservatives own the media. You then whine and bitch some more by saying how these evil Conservatives can control our minds. You are contradicting yourself in that you can't even take your own advice. Let met provide what you said, word for word "If you fucking retards don't like a particular program being carried by the local TV station, then, don't watch it!". So, you idiot, why don't you do just that?

Check and mate! That's called eating your own words. Your OWN fucking words are being used against you. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

So to me, it still seems like you are authoritarian. You STILL seem to not want Republicans to voice their opinions, but you want Democrats to speak freely. For that, I see you as nothing more than a Nazi prick.


About my watchlist: I just think dangerous people should be kept on a watchlist. That's about it.
avatar
Orson
Sports Bore

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:45 am

In response to Orson:

If you go back and re-read my previous post I said . . .

"Back when Sarah Palin was was once the Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, there was a rumor going around that Sarah Palin wanted to have some books banned from the public library."

I said that it was a rumor.

But, the list of books that Sarah Palin was rumored to have wanted banned, that "information was taken from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board."

Gee! Does this mean that Library Boards are in the habit of lying?

I also said that Sarah Palin merely inquired if certain books could be removed, NOT that she actually tried to do it, but merely inquired about it!

Then you said . . . . .

"Let met provide what you said, word for word 'If you fucking retards don't like a particular program being carried by the local TV station, then, don't watch it!'. So, you idiot, why don't you do just that?"

Well, that's exactly what I do! That's why I don't watch FOX NEWS with Bill O'Reily. Because, I don't like it! So, I don't watch it! OK? Not even at gunpoint! OK?

But, I do want to be able to watch COSMOS on my local channel, and if the retards don't like it, then they don't have to watch it either. OK?

See? It works both ways! Get it?

But you don't seem to understand that! Do you!

And I only said that conservatives WANT to control all the media, not that they actually do (except for some local media outlets) but that they WANT to do this, and also . . . not that they are actually controlling our minds, but that they WANT to be able to control our minds. Wanting, and actually doing, are two different things. I just hope they don't get what they want. OK?

I think everybody should have a choice of what they want to see, but nobody has a right to deny other people of what they want to see. So, everybody should have a choice, to either watch, or not watch something.

It's a two way street.

So, nobody has a right to force their choices or beliefs on other people against their will, or to deny people the right to make their own choices at to what to watch, or not watch.

For example:

A couple of years ago, Mike Huckabee, on his talk show once said that young people should be forced at gunpoint to listen to David Barton!

Who is David Barton? Well, he's a historical revisionist, and a lying sack of shit!

Then you go on to say . . . . .

"So to me, it still seems like you are authoritarian. You STILL seem to not want Republicans to voice their opinions, but you want Democrats to speak freely. For that, I see you as nothing more than a Nazi prick."

Uh NO! Republicans are entitled to their opinions. Everybody, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, are entitled to his/her opinion.

Oh! But, as I had mentioned before, in some previous forum post . . . some Republican legislators in North Carolina wanted climate scientists to shut the fuck up about sea-levels rising another 1.5 meters by the year 2100. And the sea-level rises was not merely an opinion, but based on scientific facts. Sea-levels are indeed rising due to global warming. A SCIENTIFIC FACT! Not merely an opinion! About 95% percent of professional scientists have reached a consensus on this SCIENTIFIC FACT!

Fortunately, the legislation did not pass, because saner minds prevailed. But, it was a close call. So, climate scientists will not be required to shut the fuck up about sea-level rises.

And then, you finally say . . .

"About my watchlist: I just think dangerous people should be kept on a watchlist. That's about it."

And . . . . . just what exactly constitutes a dangerous person?

Would that be somebody in school who was angry and pissed off after having been bullied around in school, or simply not liking sports? Is that what constitutes a dangerous person?

Someone who is angry about having been bullied around?

You know . . . like having one's head slammed up against locker doors, or having had locker doors slammed on one's hands, or having pages ripped out of one's science notebooks, and having been given numerous wedgies and swirlies in the restrooms, or having been thrown through a plate-glass window or down a flight of stairs! Yes, that has actually happened in some schools!

Who wouldn't be angry and all pissed off after something like that?

Again, I must say, it is only a very small percentage of nerds who have gone off the deep end and had done these shootings in our schools. Only a very small percentage of whack-jobs.

Most of us, even though we get pissed off, we simply don't resort to that sort of thing, no matter how angry and pissed off we might be.

So, you were the one who started this topic "Nerd Are Dangerous" and you are the one generalizing that ALL nerds are dangerous, and also, anyone who doesn't like sports should be to be place on a watch list.

Well, Republicans in North Carolina wanted to put climate scientists on a sort of watch list, and issue them their shut-the-fuck-up papers about sea-level rises.

Yeah! History has shown, that anytime a certain category of people were place on some kind of list, it has often been to the detriment of many innocent people.

Anyway . . . . .

You're an idiot!

I don't think that you're actually smart enough to post these forum comments that appear under your user name, Orson. You probably can't read or write above the second grade level.

So, you must have your Mommy or Daddy type your shit up for you, and read it back to you, to make you feel better about your pathetic little self!

Yeah! Anything to humor and please their retarded little baby boy!

Anyway . . . . .

It's getting late in the evening, and way past your bedtime, little boy!

And you're probable long overdue for your nightly diaper change.

In the meantime . . . . .

I'm going to be away from this website for a few hours so I can finish with my blog article debunking the Genesis flood.

I'm outta here!

avatar
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

Posts : 402
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 65
Location : El Paso, Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerds are Dangerous

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum