Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:10 am

Good evening Skul:

I remember in one of your forum posts, you had mentioned that the flags in our forum logo had ragged looking edges.

Well, I fixed it!!!

I copied the logo to my Microsoft paint, and zoomed in close so I could edit it, and take out the ragged looking edges from the flags.

Choose which one you want to copy to your computer, upload, and install.

This one.

Or, this one.

See any ragged edges now?
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Skul on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks. I had to edit it a little in Photoshop, as Microsoft Paint's jpeg compression is awful. I sharpened it up a bit and cleared away some compression artifacts. Now I've got a .png image with a transparent background, so if I need to change the forum's banner colour, or use the logo somewhere else, I can use that one image and not have to worry about changing its background.

I Hate Sports. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Skul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

View user profile http://ihatesports.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Skul! You once said, logo flags have ragged looking edges. I can fix it!!!

Post by Earl on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 pm

I've just taken another look at the logo. I can see the difference! It looks great! Very Happy Thanks be to Big Fat Heretic (previously known as "Fat Man" Wink ) and Skul. Good job, guys! Smile

"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that.  You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
Earl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fat Heretic on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Skul wrote:Thanks. I had to edit it a little in Photoshop, as Microsoft Paint's jpeg compression is awful. I sharpened it up a bit and cleared away some compression artifacts. Now I've got a .png image with a transparent background, so if I need to change the forum's banner colour, or use the logo somewhere else, I can use that one image and not have to worry about changing its background.

Well, I saved the images as .bmp but when I uploaded them to host on my Photobucket, they got converted to .jpg instead.

I don't know if I can upload .png without them being converted to .jpg again.

The white backgrounds on .bmp images can be set to transparent, but unfortuntaly, if the get converted to .jpg during an upload, then the white backgrounds are not perfectly transparent.

So, I guess you had to do a little more re-editing of the images.

But, at least I was able to fix the ragged edges on the flags.

WOW! I've actually helped to build this forum!

It was a great pleasure, and an honor to be of service.

Earl wrote:I've just taken another look at the logo. I can see the difference! It looks great! Very Happy Thanks be to Big Fat Heretic (previously known as "Fat Man" Wink ) and Skul. Good job, guys! Smile

Thank you very much Earl. It was a pleasure to assist in any way I can.
Big Fat Heretic
IHateSports Fanatic

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top